Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handicap for Landyprikkers

Go down 
+4
DirtyWeekenders
JC
cadarn
Tom Mc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Handicap for Landyprikkers Empty
PostSubject: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 pm

What handicap should I impose on the Landyprikkers for LR`10 ... 'cause Jaap & Henk are just too damn good?

I propose a water buffalo tied to their roof rack - a male of course, bigger and heavier at 900 kg whereas a female is only a mere 500 kg. It would also have to be alive and kicking as the Dutch Barge would probaly cope with a dead 'un. Bit of rocking and rolling will make them think on those mountain passes. After all, it has to be a handicap.
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:20 pm

You"ll have to do better then that, The buffalo i can handle, and it would come in handy for a BBQ, specially with the Chef on board.
It's quite funny, the Durch Barge, before considered to be a handicap, now looked upon as an unbeatable car. Is it the car or the driver and his copilot
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Damn, never thought of that.

I did think my original idea of "tying one hand behind your backs plus giving you a 'special' Road Book in some obscure Chinese dialect that hasn't been used for a thousand years", was rather good, that is until I realised that unless it was your whisky-drinking-arms, you would cut them off and they would end up on the BBQ too.

As for the 'Chinese Road Book', waste of time as by Day No. 2 you had thrown the Road Book out of the window!!!

I will have to be even more cunning, let me think. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm

I am curious: would you even be able to write a chinese roadbook? affraid
However I will ask our local chinese restaurant for a dictionary just in case...................... :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Perhaps their handycap could be to not leave the dust bowl until they have found enough bones to make a complete ex Landy Rally missing in action entrant and take a picture of the skeleton to prove their findings?

That should keep them busy!
Back to top Go down
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:36 am

I think you should write the roadbook in DUTCH!!
Since we all were supposed to understand it, and they did so much better, it must be a handicap having the roadbook in your own language!
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:44 am

"I think you should write the roadbook in DUTCH!!"

ooooooooo ... bitchy DW, but oh so funny! Never a truer word spoken in jest?

As for skeletons made from "ex Landy Rally missing in action entrants", I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life. That said, it does begin to explain how only 54 people finished Landy Rally 2008 out of 57 starters. scratch

... and maybe those reports on Spanish TV about sightings of orangutans in the semi-arid dust bowl were not so bizarre after all. Perhaps those shadowy figures wandering about aimlessly dragging their knuckles weren't orangutans at all, the creatures were probably Landyralliers with tattered and torn orange t-shirts trying to escape the place. Tell you, they're out there - breeding!!! Be afraid, be very afraid. affraid
Back to top Go down
Potti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Be afraid, be very afraid. affraid

It'd be more scary if you had started with 54 and ended up with 57!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dieselhead.org.uk
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Quote :
That said, it does begin to explain how only 54 people finished Landy Rally 2008 out of 57 starters.

Now I'm confused 1 Who did we leave behind ? I remember John and his daughter Becky (Long Way Breakdown) left us in Andorra, (they only did tracks before the dustbowl same as us )where did we lose the other one ? Or did we lose a Viking when their Longboat stayed behind in the Alps ? scratch scratch

Now how to handicap a Dutch barge ?

A very large anchor (I'm sure Jaap said he had one of those on board)

We've tried the Alps and that didn't defeat it (Holland is very flat)

We are going to have to be a bit more devious ? Anyone have a cunning plan :?: :?: ( Where's Baldrick when you need him )
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 pm

As it happens, Baldrick will be with us next year. That's the nickname of Dave, the new mechanic that will form part of the new Mechanical Service Crew for LR`10. What he can't do with a 4x4 hasn't been thought up yet!!! Unsurprisingly he was dubbed baldrick by his mates in Welshpool as he's always coming up with 'cunning plans'. Hardly inventive, unlike Dave himself.

Just to confuse you even more, I know him by a completely different nickname - Dangerous Dave. I kid you not. Got to know him through Wayne, and have always known him as Dangerous Dave. Great guy ... you'll see.
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 am

Surprised nobody has said it already but all you need to do is get Kieran to sort out some wiring for him and job done! What could be more of a handicap than that!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
intelmental1

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:39 pm

LR10 should have a penalty issued for length of vehicle! Surprised - 2000 for longest entered!

Also, -100 for each cubic foot of storage space

and

-100 if chainsaw is carried in vehicle!

and

-1000 for use of outboard propeller and rudder systems....

so

Team Dutch LP should start on something like -4200 points!
Back to top Go down
http://www.intelmental.co.uk/
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:42 am

Well it's a start, but just -4200 points is hardly scratching the surface. No, it has to be something really good to stop them.

Last edited by Tom Mc on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:32 am

Quote :
We've tried the Alps and that didn't defeat it (Holland is very flat)

Himalayas ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Like it. Perhaps we could have a 'climbing-over-the-LandyRally-260millionyearoldfromNepalsaltlamptrophieschallenge'? Laughing
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

@ intelmental: I can always join with my disco It's a lttle shorter then a standard one Very Happy frontside - 4" backside - 25"
@ Sylvia: Himalya sounds great fun, even higher, but it is handicap for all others too.

picture of lost skeleton coming up soon
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:22 am

Lenny might struggle with Himalayas as well especially if we run him on biodiesel!!
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Had to search al our pictures of the past rally, took me some time since there are way too many. But here it is THE SKELETON OF THE LOST PARTICIPANT
Handicap for Landyprikkers Skelet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handicap for Landyprikkers   Handicap for Landyprikkers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handicap for Landyprikkers
Page 1 of 1