Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New defender

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

New defender Empty
PostSubject: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

In a German carmagazine i found a picture of what the new defender could be. Can't say i like it very much. Although I've seen worse impressions
In the same article they say Discovery will disapear totaly, in favor of a Freelander based model

The article is found here
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/neue-modelle-von-land-rover_1010587.html?bild=10&now=03#mmg

New defender 70001058_5d764465a1
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 pm

They are just guessing Jaap - ignore it.

One thing I am certain about, if you are not keen on this artist's impression, then you certainly will not like the finished product. Don't forget the new Defender won't have live axles any more as it will almost certainly be a monocoque construction, and the body styling will be a lot more radical than that. I'm sorry to say it will be a very different beast indeed, so best make the best of it now while you still can. No
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

The article also stated, one of the production locations will have to shut down There guess is Solihull. Is this a item or just wild guessing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Hard to say right now. There will certainly be a lot swapping coming up, that's for sure.

In September Land Rover/Jaguar announced the new 'small Range Rover' will definitely go into production (launched in 2011) so there will still be some sort of production at Solihull, but exactly what is anybody's guess. It will be an interesting over next couple of years to see what develops.
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 am

The LRX is the replacement for the free lawner (lander) aint it? as all the pictures say land rover, i guess end of day how many more mums wanting to take the kids shopping will buy it like that compared to the small number of farmers or 4x4 enthusiasts if they were to make it more capable. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Just cos your Mum likes the looks of the new Freelander 2 especially the one she saw with the sparkly black paint work ! But IF she had a new one she wouldn't want to risk damaging the paintwork by taking it down some of the lanes we've taken Lenny on !
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Wrap it in clingfilm! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New defender Empty
PostSubject: Re: New defender   New defender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New defender
Page 1 of 1