Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Monstars charity plea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Team Monstars charity plea Empty
PostSubject: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

hello,
call me / us mad,
but in march we are ( me and james ) doing the mac 4x4
except as they require we wont be polishing our beast ( not enough paint )
we are using flo ...
Team Monstars charity plea 17042_408576000111_855235111_10622504_449798_n

not entirely ready yet
needs an engine
gearbox
axles
registering
mot'ing

although the event as a driving challenge isnt quite the same as the landy rally, the challenge for us will be preparing the vehicle and working it
but all the same its for a good cause
macmillan cancer support...
the mac 4x4
please donate on ...
http://www.justgiving.com/teammonstar
please spread the word as we have to raise a minimum of £600 as stated in their event rules

many thanks kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Good, keep it as it is ... real paintwork, real vehicle! cheers
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 am

a polish 4x4 are they not called ladas??? :cyclops: :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:10 am

Donation made :star:

Are you ready for the Mac? We now have working brakes - woo hoo! Fundraising is steadily building cheers We're doing a car boot sale tommorrow to raise more. www.justgiving.com/LOUISE-TWEEDIE Good Luck with your prep.

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 pm

haha, i like that joke ... ready ... haha

THANKYOU FOR THE DONATION much appriciated!!

theres a pair of carbs soaking in petrol in the garage tonight, ready for rebuild and fitting tomorrow, still have the radiator from a pajero to make fit and the gear box oil pipes to plumb up, brakes to bleed and check are suitable for the size of vehicle, no interior in the front fitted yet but managed to get all the auto bits off of toms old rangie ( now mine parked up untill a donor vehicle can be found to fix it ), exaust is alomost finnished just last few bits to do on that and the chassy still needs welding up, and then theres the small matter of and mot and regestering her,
loads of time right?
wrong it has to be almost mot'able by wednesday, then we can book her in for the following monday and regester her straight away ( hopefully find insurance too )
not much more than that too do lol!

at least i have finnished the sticker orders i had in so thats off my brain,

just remind me, how long is left?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 pm

hello,
As many of you know we entered the mac 4x4 uk challenge this weekend just gone,
what can i say... it was absolutly fantastic, brilliant and fun
here it is from the start...
6 weeks before the event we kicked into action to build and register our series 2a ambulance v8 with auto conversion and disco axles, 3 days before the event we found water in the sump and still hadnt had an mot , the ambulance simply had too much work left to do on her, so we decided to run the challenge in a mates land rover 110 300tdi, we took the beds out of the ambulance and fitted them into the 110 and then fitted my off-road tyres and a few stickers,
our sponsors ...
www.carparts-direct.co.uk
caving supplies LTD
CCM lpay
free spirit 4x4

helped us immensely with preparations and are now supporting our efforts to raise money
night night before saw me finnish the stickers at 3 in the morning and sleep in the 110 on jame's my co-drivers driveway Laugh Out Loud
the event started at 10 at britpart in craven arms, and we arrived a little late after having to source some smart clothing which we later discovered we already had packed. after a longish wait at the start line we headed in the direction of wales via many small thin roads, we entered our first forest sectio where the challlenge was to look for code boreds, which ive gotta be honest we wernt very good at but the roads were brilliant and the off-road was very nice, wasnt extreme or difficult but it was interesting and fun, we arrived that night at aberistworth after doing the mountain road that runs to devils bridge
at the campsite we discovered the beauty of having the bed already set up, you just go to the bar and not worry about tents,
after a hazy wake up and much confuesion about how to get out as we had accidentally built the bed above the handle so the only way to exit was to crawl head first out the passeger door Laugh Out Loud
day two saw some awsome forest sections and some more amazing roads, aswell as a night time forest section, followed by another night at the campsite and the bar,
day three,
we headed north east from aber, and up over snowdonia mountain roads, single track, brilliant ! we then took to a mountain top off-road section which was packed with challenges and difficult to spot code boards, and the last section was up the horse shoe pass and then finaaly to the hotel in warrington, prize giving, we didnt win but safe to say we had incredible amounts of fun Laugh Out Loud
check out http://mac4x4.freespirit4x4.co.uk for the photo's

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey, spotted Team T'n'T and was that Richard Potts' Jeep Cherokee as well?

Loved the yellow Bowler Nemises in the scrutineering bay, gather is was one? Ooooo, getting all moist.

See you even found some snow. Nice one. Only a couple of shots of Lenny though, you dad will be pleased - NOT! Glad it all went well. After all that work trying to get Flo fixed, you deserved a decent run. How did Mr & Mrs Ditch Diver get on?
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:15 pm

From you story, it seems a very nice run. big pitty we don't have such runs. Difficult enough to drive for one day Laughing
lmao, with the door and the bed.
Great you had so much fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Monstars charity plea   Team Monstars charity plea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Monstars charity plea
Page 1 of 1