Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you a hobby?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 am

I'll get the ball rolling -

Apart from off-road driving, Landys, 4x4's, etc. my main hobby is sport.

Can't take part any more, a fractured knee-cap playing footie many moons ago put paid to all that, so it's a case nowadays of watching it, either on telly or in the flesh.

Love football, rugby, cricket (but only when England's involved - used to hate it but last summer's Ashes series changed all that), golf (but only the Ryder Cup 'cause I love to see the Yanks cry - apart from that hate it with a passion), women's tennis and women's beach volley ball (although I've no idea why - honest!!!)

Your turn ...
Back to top Go down

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 pm

when not off-road or greenlaning, play hockey for north notts hc, and go to manor sixth form
thats about me
in summer went to outward bound centre in scotland was good an learnt a new sport its called orange bashing heres a vid of it Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGVfNWQ3FM
kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 am

Ouch! That was painful just watching, let along taking part. Another Yank trend I suppose will spread throughout the world. We’re all doomed!!!!

Personally I’d rather get my headache from a couple of bottles of red wine, at least then you would have pleasure whilst consuming it. You’re a fruitcake Kieran!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:23 am

Prefer pool myself - check it out http://www.disloyal.org/videos/1861/learningpool.html
Back to top Go down

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:46 am

nice pool technique

bad thing to say that it was a yank and a english lad who invented game
but it was funny to do! Laughing
kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Serious question - how come hockey is such as low key team sport (compared to footbal/rugby/cricket) yet when the Olympics are on the viewing figures for both men's and women's hockey are substantial.

Could of course be simply because it's the national team - what's your take on it?
Back to top Go down

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:31 am

i dont no
but i think for me its better that way because theres not and over fill of people like there is in football Laughing
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Hobbies etc   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:44 am

Hi Tom, sorry to hear about your knee, as well as hockey I play football (on a just for fun basis) how about a bit of a rally tournament to take away the driving aches and pains at the end of the day ? Maybe county teams or even international ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Wobbly sports field....   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 pm

Talking of sport, has anyone been to Shuttleworth House recently?

They have a sportsfield that if you run over the grass it wobbles like a water bed!!!!!

Well Strange!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Made me titter did that! I know one thing, they won't forget us in a hurry!

Hey Smeghead, why don't you explain to folk the meaning behind your cryptic quetion - and who the hell are you? Got me puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 4:54 pm

Good idea Keith, so, you’re not just a pretty face. Whist on the second reconnoitre I’ll check out the possibilities of goal posts etc. at overnight stops within campsites. Bound to be somewhere suitable at one of them.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 7:56 am

Tom Mc wrote:

Hey Smeghead, why don't you explain to folk the meaning behind your cryptic quetion - and who the hell are you? Got me puzzled.

I tried to post a nice story for everyone to read but after typing an essay the web-site timed out!!

Mr. woolihat is on the case....

Tom you are easy to get puzzled...... I even left my name on another thread!

Give you a clue.....
Pajero club once had a break-in and a case of Larger wqas stolen.......
......the culprits where never found
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 7:58 am

Tom Mc wrote:

I tried to post a nice story for everyone to read but after typing an essay the web-site timed out!!

Mr. woolihat is on the case....

Tom you are easy to get puzzled...... I even left my name on another thread!

Give you a clue.....
Pajero club once had a break-in and a case of Larger wqas stolen.......
......the culprits where never found

Will post some pics later to explain the above....

Regards,

Spwen
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:03 am

Damn annoying when you type an essay and either it's lost when you press the wrong key, time runs out or whatever. That’s why whenever I am about to post a message in a forum, I type it into a basic Word document first, then simply cut and paste it into the forum reply box. This way no text can possibly be lost through accidents, plus the spelling is checked before transfer. Another reason is, here in Lincolnshire power cuts are not an uncommon occurrence, hence my caution at all times saving text every paragraph. I reckon it’s a good habit for anybody.

Anyway, it wasn’t the Pajero Club, it was the Japanese 4x4 Club of GB, and I don’t remember a thing about the incident Your Honour as I was p***ed at the time! NOT GUILTY. Plus I know three Garys which is super confusing!
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 9:39 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Anyway, it wasn’t the Pajero Club, it was the Japanese 4x4 Club of GB, !

I was trying to be subtle and hide the incedent in case they were still P!55ed of with us... errr them!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:00 pm

All is fair in love, war and sniffing out a beverage at the dead of night. I'd call it adaptability and resourcefulness, others may look at it differently.

No problem at all with the lads from the club, besides, they wouldn’t expect anything less of me Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Have you a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you a hobby?   Have you a hobby? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you a hobby?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Random stuff-
Jump to: