Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Macks 4x4 info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Macks 4x4 info Empty
PostSubject: Macks 4x4 info   Macks 4x4 info Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:07 am

Okay, the cat's been let out of the bag. Confused ... so am I?

Those who know me personally will have been aware that I've been working on a new project of late. Over the winter it has taken every waking hour, but in truth this project has taken years to come to fruition. Well, the day has finally arrived. The following is a standard announcement I am about to post on every 4x4/off-road forum I know, but you heard it here first! Here goes:-

Hiya – hope you don’t mind me letting you all know about a project myself and a friend (both off-roaders) been working on for years, something that will benefit all 4x4 owners! Big bold statement, but you’ll see what I mean.

We’ve just launch a new website. 100% FREE to view (good start) and no need to register, in a nutshell, Macks 4x4 info is an online directory of 4x4-related companies associated with Landy, Jap or Jeep motors, encompassing clubs, voluntary organisations, overlanders, even private enthusiast's websites, basically anyone and everyone in the world of 4x4. It’s already BIG and of course it will only get bigger from here on. It is clear, precise and importantly … very simple to use!

Launch date was 1st May 2010 so you’ll be seeing it in it’s infancy. We launched it at the Heritage Motor Show, Gaydon, Warwickshire this weekend, where it went down a storm (no pun intended although Sunday morning at 5am our white marquee took off amid driving rain and wind – why do we do it???)

Why a 4x4 directory? Well, whenever I wanted to find something for my vehicle it annoyed me having to wade though endless junk on Google, Yahoo! or whatever to find let’s say … a winch. I would get page after page about winches for the construction industry, boats, stories on winch challenge competitions, blah blah blah, before finally reaching a company that would have one specifically for 4x4’s. Macks 4x4 info on the other hand contains nothing but information about us, our vehicles and our pastime – 4x4’s and off-roading.

Now the equally important bit - it’s a site without bias, vehicle preference, company favourites or magazine/club/forum/user group politics, so it’s open to everyone without exception. Even though I personally may not like a particular company or magazine (or they not like me), they will still be listed as EVERYONE has to be included or it won’t work.

How? Simply log on to www.macks4x4info.com and you’re off and running. As I say, no registration, no fees, no hassle. Hope you like it.

.… and before you ask, yes, this group is listed in Macks 4x4 info!!!

Your thoughts – good, bad, indifferent?
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Macks 4x4 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macks 4x4 info   Macks 4x4 info Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:38 am

Yes you had a great start Saturday, what a shame it all [b]Flew away Saturday evening lol! lol!

All the beast from the bears cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Macks 4x4 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macks 4x4 info   Macks 4x4 info Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, looks good, that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sponsored content

Macks 4x4 info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macks 4x4 info   Macks 4x4 info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Macks 4x4 info
Page 1 of 1