Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dutch Jolly-Thank You

Go down 
+4
Crazy~Johno
roamingman
cadarn
Sylvia Johnson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Dutch Jolly-Thank You Empty
PostSubject: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Part of the Johnson contingent have now returned home. Marc and Amanda were back at 7pm and Keith and I arrived back at about 9pm.

We weren't sure what to expect of the weekend, however as soon as we stopped outside Henk's restaurant to a group of people waving at us anbd were then met with two long cold glasses of beer by the time we had parked Lenny, we started to realise that this weekend was going to be good. This was followed by the best piece of steak I have ever tasted ! As the weekend progressed it became very clear that Jaap and Henk have both spent a long time planning and arranging everything.

We were made so welcome by all of Henk's family, Harrietta did wonders preparing breakfast for what must have seemed like an army of people. Nick and the girls were all happy to practise their English with us.

Jaap's trip around the Windmills and dykes was a really good day and one of the highlights for me was seeing the stork on its nest !

Anyway what I'm trying to say is a very big

THANK YOU to our dutch friends.

(I do apologise if I have mispelt anyones name)
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:14 pm

I am just at home. (almost 2400H)
Can only say: we are very glad you liked it.
It was for all of us Dutchies a great weekend too.
We sure did enjoy your company
Definetly was worth the efforts.
On behave of all people helping out I say thank you for your presence and kindness and all the fun.
Only 2 things left to do: get rid of the mess and the alcohol in our bodies

and now on to the LR10.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:53 am

We would also like to say a Big Thank You to everyone in Holland for a great weekend, to all the Dutch people, the drive around the Dutch country side was wonderful, lots of beautifull houses, and villages, the off road site was great, we were very pleased to meet fellow english Rallyers, and looking forwared to seeing everybody on the rally if not before. lol! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

As with everyone else I would like to add my thanks yous from myself and AmandA <<apparently quite hard to say in dutch affraid affraid

Was a truely amazing weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it some of the best cooking i have ever had and certainly the best steak!!!!!!

Only damage was standing on my step after eating the steak and it breaking off.....

Thanks again cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Didn't realise the steak was that big cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

from bonnie & rosie:

we have somehow got home *(well to tom's) safely.....still a little way to go, and a little bit of french wine preventing us from going further tonight!!

had the most amazing weekend, lovely to meet all of you (either second hand for Bonnie or first hand for Rosie!)

MASSIVE THANK YOU to Henriette, Henk, & Jaarp, & all the team involved (Arian, Johan, etc etc).

cannot believe the welcome we recieved (not that we expected anything else from you guys, knowing how kind you are) would love to repay the favour some day, and look forward to hopefully seeing you all very very soon.

fingers crossed (or perhaps not?!) you will have our company on landy rally 2011....will try for an all-girl team, and no that is not what the Dutch call 'lesbi'!! (contrary to popular belief!)

loving you all, and of course loving each other (!)

Bonnie & Rosie xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:10 am

We have just arrived home, unpacked and swapped tyres and james has headed off now,
was an amazing wekend, one of those that the memories will last a life tiem,
THANKS VERY MUCH
got your tyres back to england have just got to arrange to get them abit further now,
it was nice to stay an extra day and go to the beach, and ride a dutch bike aswell as get to take he landy rally recovery vehicle out for a spin

TRUELY AMAZING

Put me down for next year please

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:14 am

Difficult to know where to start - how can one possibly describe or sum up the weekend we've just experienced?

Perhaps the best way would be to say a massive THANK YOU TO EVERYONE involved in the "Dutch Jolly" - not just to our Dutch hosts who were truly amazing (what a welcome!!!!! cheers cheers cheers ) but also to those who found the time and money to make it such a fantastic and memorable weekend.

I tell you, I've done some stupid things in my life, I would be the first to admit it, but I am extremely proud to say that creating Landy Rally was one of my better decisions. The weekend exceeded all expectations, and again this was purely down to the folk who collectively made it happen.

You are all incredible, wonderful people. Thank you for being you!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

I tell you, I've done some stupid things in my life,you![/b][/size]

Me and Manda did how ever wake up at 6 to return home at around the same time Tom was going to bed to find him cleaning his arm in beer scratch scratch lol! lol! lol!

But you are right it was an amazing weekend where we all got to meet amazing people who are excellent friends Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

[quote="Crazy~Johno"]
Tom Mc wrote:

Me and Manda did how ever wake up at 6 to return home at around the same time Tom was going to bed to find him cleaning his arm in beer scratch scratch lol! lol! lol!
I don't remember that? Don't remember a lot really!
Back to top Go down
m0jpm

m0jpm

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:47 am

Heres a BIG Thankyou to Henriette, Jaap and Henk and all the other Dutch crew for your overwhelming hospitality.
we really enjoyed this excellent weekend with its directors playbook. Its certainly needs a follow up.

Food and drink was fantastic, atmosphere was fabulous and the camp-fire made the setting truly cosy......And thank you guys for this truly amazing and outstanding 4 course meal in the koperen Snor cooked by Henk.
You made us feel really welcome and part of your loving family....

From Jan Sandra Hannah and Rosie :flower:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmX0cI4ZelY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmX0cI4ZelY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Back to top Go down
http://www.uk4x4centre.co.uk
Henk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello dear friends,
Thanks for all sweet and nice comments.
I am very happy that everyone enjoyed so much.
It was the sometimes hard work more than worth.
Everyone was so nice to the kids so it was fun for them too
With surprise I noticed how quickly they learned English.
Henk is now back on the motorbike weekend.
He has now gone back to work.
The normal life again, unfortunately.
I write this post with a translator beside it and hope you understand,
Speak English was definitely in the beginning again difficult but writing is even harder.
Next year we organize it again.
We hope seeing you all again Ik look forward to it alrady
PS
I have agreed with Tom that there is one other component.
Something to do with bikes, just ask Tom, he knows all. (Just kidding Tom)

Dear greetings from all of us,
Henriette
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Your written English and the translator have worked just fine, we understand fully.

"nice to the kids" - that was not difficult, they were lovely. As were Hannah and Rosie as it happens. Strange as I normally don't have much patience with kids, but everyone there seemed to get on so well.

As for bikes ... affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Jan's links not working, can anybody help out with these?

Also Jan said on the phone that he has loaded some photos on to Facebook. Anybody know about these or any others?

Signed 'Technology Tom'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:44 am

Hello,
I understood perfectly as well,
i understand how you feel with settling back into normal life, Sleep
i keep on laughing when i think about that bike ride affraid landy rally recovery vehicle and tom taking pictures Laughing
put us down for next year

kieran Sleep affraid Sleep Laughing
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:06 am

Tom if you highlight all words and then past, worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/v/EmX0cI4ZelY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/EmX0cI4ZelY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Click on the underlined in above cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:06 pm

The link works for me as well! Lenny's famous !

Tom if you are friends with Jan, go to his profile and look at his piccies you can't miss them ! I've tagged you on one of them just to make it easier for you ....... technology tom eh ???? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
m0jpm

m0jpm

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:42 am

Dutch Jolly-Thank You 245
Back to top Go down
http://www.uk4x4centre.co.uk
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
As for bikes ... affraid affraid affraid

What? Yeah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch Jolly-Thank You   Dutch Jolly-Thank You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dutch Jolly-Thank You
Page 1 of 1