Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miss Chesterfield

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:38 pm

It’s now the FINAL of all finals, the cherry of all cherry’s..... It’s..... The BIG ONE!

A public vote is now being held up to the run up of MISS ENGLAND 2010.

And I really, really need your support; it would mean so much to me if you could vote;

To vote for me
Text; 33misschesterfield
To; 81118

From each vote, 15p will go in aid of the ‘variety club’ for sick, disabled and deprived children.

Many thanks guys this would really mean sooo much!!

Francesca xxx
(Let’s put chesterfield on the map!!!)
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 am

Don’t understand? Within the voting info for Miss England http://www.missengland.info/vote-now it does not mention text voting via 81118, or have I missed something? All it says is …

You can vote for your favourite girls to help them try and get though the stages leading up to the Miss England Grand Final! You can vote by phone or by text. The phone/text numbers are different for each heat, so make sure you check for the correct information at the bottom of each heat page. The voting helpline is below in case you need it.

Latest Heats
Here are the latest available heats you can vote on (click each to see the page):

These and previous heats are listed in the Regionals section.

Miss England: National Final Public Vote - Started Friday 30th July

Voting Helpline: 0844 561 6410
(All votes costs 60p plus standard network charge)

You can also email the voting helpline team at: votes@transactgroup.net

Please note: Winning the public vote does not mean a contestant will win the competition.

Three observations –

1. If you Google ‘text 81118’ it appears this number is used by organisers of all sorts of beauty pageants and competitions. In every case I have found it states, “Votes cost £1.00 plus your standard network charge”.

2. What is the point of the text voting, other than to line the pockets of the organisers? Perhaps 15p will go in aid of the ‘variety club’ for sick, disabled and deprived children, but 85p is still one hellava lump left over.

3. Again I ask - What is the point of the text voting? For me the line, in small text I might add, that states “Winning the public vote does not mean a contestant will win the competition” says it all.

Of what I can see the information supplied by the organisers is not only confusing, it is also highly misleading. Whether this is an oversight by the organisers or something more sinister totally is up to you to judge.

As for myself, sorry Fran, as nice as you are I won’t be voting for you on principle ... plus you don't need the votes anyway as it won't effect your overall standing! GOOD LUCK FOR THE FINAL!!!

NOTE: As a moderator of this public forum I felt it was only right and proper to add to Kieran's post exatly how much texts would cost, but in the course of finding out about the 81118 text number I unearthed the information outlined here. So don't shoot the messenger Kieran, I am only making folk (including yourself as I'm sure you didn't know about the £1 as opposed to 60p) aware of the facts.

ALSO: Info on Francesca Middleman herself can be found at http://www.missengland.info/finalists?task=profile&id=5737
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 am

I'm quite curious if Kieran knows this girl in person since he's so into her?
Defintely a nice girl though
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 am

no idea, just what fran sent to me
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:37 am

lol! lol! lol!
Can imagine that
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Kieran's being coy. Yes he knows her, even asked if she would attend Billing to halp raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. This she did and Fran helped raise £280 for the charity.

Think our Kieran's in lurv I love you I love you I love you Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:31 pm

Francesca is studying at the same university as Kieran and is doing the same course as some of Kieran's housemates which is how he comes to know her. I spent quite a bit of time talking to her at Billing and she's a really nice girl. Aleesha - Yoda's grandaughter even managed to get her to play on the bouncy castle at Billing !
I think she deserves a few votes from us just for getting up and driving all the way to Billing 100 miles before 9am !

Plus if you email you vote in it won't cost you a fortune !
Back to top Go down

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:26 pm

tom even you mr tight ness owe a vote for staring at her ....
all day
james owes a vote for dribbling and jaw dropping,
abby owes a vote for telling james off Laughing

ive voted for my sins
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Ah ha, looked at the Miss England site again and found another page within it that explains a bit more about the 81118 number and email voting.

Quote:-

The Public is given the opportunity to decide which one of the 60 girls will be given a fast track place in the final 20.

The contestant with the highest amount of votes will be announced on the night of the final and will be awarded with a place in the final 20.

Each vote will cost £1.00 plus standard network charge if voting by mobile
(the aforementioned 81118 number).

Actually you can't vote by email Sylvia, it's landline or mobile only. It actually says:-

PROBLEM WITH VOTING? Voting helpline is 0844 561 6410. You can also email your voting problems to the voting helpline team at: votes@transactgroup.net

See http://www.missengland.info/finalists for this latest page.
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:10 am

As Sylvia Johnson. pointed out she did look after our grandaughter for a few hours for us so no matter what the cost we will txt a vote, and hope it helps Francesca, get into top 20. cheers lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
roamingman

roamingman

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 am

Well Tom that is a lot of searching, for the information you have posted, it is your choice not to vote as it is every body else's right of choice.
She may or not have brought people to see keirans and your stand, but she did raise mony for a charity, giving her her time, is that not what most people on this rally are doing raseing money for chaities, she shoud be comended, for her efforts. cheers cheers

ps i think your just tight, lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 am

Take your point, let me explain.

First and foremost, obviously Francesca is the innocent party here - she's a star in fact. She did indeed give up her time to raise funds for a worthy cause, so nothing but praise for her efforts. It’s the event organisers and their dubious 'those who have the most dosh' voting system and its description I am not happy with. Imagine the well-to-do families of the finalists, just how much cash are they pumping into the vote to push their little girl into the limelight?

That aside for the mo, it's the marketing of the vote that had me baffled from the off. All I wanted to do was add to Kieran's original post ...

Texts cost X amount

... but then I became confused by the description of the voting. At first glance the vote seemed pointless, other than swell the coffers of the organisers by 85p a go; this didn’t seem right. However, when I delved into it more, it seems there is a point to the vote as the winner is guaranteed a place in the final 20. Strangely it does not tell you this when you click on the VOTE NOW tab top of the home page at www.missengland.info All it says is …

You can vote for your favourite girls to help them try and get though the stages leading up to the Miss England Grand Final!

Plus

All votes costs 60p plus standard network charge

It is only when you click on FINALISTS 2010 l/h side of the home page that further information appears by scrolling down under the photos of the finalists. Here it says …

The Public is given the opportunity to decide which one of the 60 girls will be given a fast track place in the final 20

Plus

Each vote will cost £1.00 plus standard network charge if voting by mobile

That’s why previously I called the Miss England site “misleading”. More than that, some would say the organisers are being downright devious with their marketing, or at the very least, less than forthright. Why not place all the correct information on the VOTE NOW page, why hide it away in a totally different section? And why on one page does it state 60p and on another it jumps up to £1 ??? It’s wrong!

Personally I would never be stupid enough to vote for “Pop Idol”, “X-Factor”, “Britain’s Got Talent”, “I’m A Celebrity”, “Big Brother”, “Maria” or any other voting programme, but hey ho, each to their own.

The conclusion? Now I realise voting for Fran does have a point after all, if it can fast track her into the final 20 then it has to be a good thing for her chances. Placing my principles to one side for a few seconds, I have therefore just voted for her … under protest I might add!

… and yes Yoda, I am tight - especially when I think I’m being taken for a mug. Unfortunately in this instance, we all are!!! No
Back to top Go down
roamingman

roamingman

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 am

WELL DONE THAT MAN. good one Tom
cheers

totally agree with you on all you say, we do not vote on them programes ither/either. But you did right in making people awear of whats happens.
cheers
Back to top Go down

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 am

Well done tom,
see there was no need for wasting valuable drinking time researching Laughing
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:36 pm

I never vote for the stupid competition thingies or the game shows - don't usually watch them either. This is a bit different though since I have actually met he. I haven't met many famous people so I would like her to be famous so that I can say I knew her before she was - if you see what I mean. Anybody got a better reason to vote for her, or do I win that prize ....... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
roamingman

roamingman

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm

you got my vote cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Have to say Miss England is a strange competition though. Take the photos of the finalists featured on http://www.missengland.info/finalists

I can understand non-town titles like MissNaturalCurves, MissChampneys and MissPharmaclinix (obviously promotions for companies) and MissEverymodel, but what the hell is 06MissModelzed? Definitely a new word in my vocabulary!

Then there is 36MissCharityBolton – Noopur Sharma. She’s a beauty????? I think not. Now if the competition was called Miss Ugly …

And I leave the best until last. Have a look at 42MissNewark&District. Seriously, does an amateur snapshot taken in the pub really show the best that the poor girl has to offer? Strewth, not only does the shot feature ‘red eye’, but there’s even some bloke in the top right corner! Weird!!!
Back to top Go down

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Ladies and genlly men i present you with the miss england boot camp video, not for the fait hearted
i have to say at 2 minutes and 56 i recognise the girl with red top and white underneath,
now for those who havnt seen / voted she is our very own miss landy rally Laughing
get your phones out
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Err, aren't you supposed to provide us with a link to this boot camp video?
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:47 am

Keith Johnson wrote:
This is a bit different though since I have actually met he.

Keith !!! Should've gone to Specsavers springs to mind !

It seems you think Francesca is entering into Mr England! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:39 am

and why would i want to follow up my own post in such a way Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjGo7G34hs&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:55 am

kieran wrote:
i have to say at 2 minutes and 56 i recognise the girl with red top and white underneath,
Gee, that narrows it down, they all have a red/white on. Plus at 2 mins 56 secs all you see is a row of bums. Ahhhhhh, now I see what you mean! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miss Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Chesterfield   Miss Chesterfield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miss Chesterfield
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: