Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

just a few little questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andy-lightweight

andy-lightweight

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-08

just a few little questions Empty
PostSubject: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:34 pm

hello all,

just a few little questions for the jolly Idea

and not many more sleeps befor we go

i have a midland cb with eu button, does this mean when i press it everything will be in a strange language, Laughing so how will we all understand each other, which channels are we using over here and over there :?:

do we know if we are finishing in dunkerk, i wouldnt mind booking a hotel for the evening ready for stupid hour o clock in the morning ferry home.

i should be aiming for somewhere between 1 and 2 in the afternoon ferry out on the friday and possibly 7 in the morning home, give or take hang overs, bad hair days etc. affraid

i havent packed yet but ready for it, am including yorkshire tea, so guaranteed of a good cuppa, can you get scones over there or is it all cousants and flakey paistry, Embarassed not realy british you know, but ho hum will suffer it.

thats all i can think of for now, guarantee there will be more i am sure. :suspect:

ta ta lol!

andy 'team lightweight'

Back to top Go down
Rickyd

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Love it lol! Your 1st time too
I do believe when we talk in our CBs it will still come out in english. Keith Johnson is booking my ferry from dover to dunkirk i hope on the Friday at 12. By the time we get to france it will be 2+an hour, which will make it 3pm and then its a 3 hour drive to holland in convoy i think. So if you look at other messages on this section. Read the one Ferry crossing confusion and ferry crossing and pm keith he can help you more...Only 5 weeks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlezukeinabigworld.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:18 pm

"i have a midland cb with eu button, does this mean when i press it everything will be in a strange language" - you mean Brummie? Laughing

“do we know if we are finishing in dunkirk” - I'm having big problems with Dunkirk. The only decent campsite is the other side of Dunkirk near the Belgium border - that's 20 minutes away from the ferry terminal – plus I’m also struggling with a restaurant as nothing is within walking distance. Calais on the other hand is only 10 minutes more (30 mins in total from Calais to the Dunkirk ferry or obviously 10 mins to the Calais ferryport), we know the campsite is available, we know the Café de Paris restaurant is ready and waiting. No choice folks, the finish will be Calais after all.

Also, best take squeezy Marmite, baked beans, peanut butter spread and marmalade, plus anything else to remind you of Blighty, as it’s croissant all the way. Can’t beat a full English brekkie, especially with a thumping head. cheers
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Ferry crossings   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:26 am

As mentioned above (and elsewhere) I have the contact with Norfolklines PR company who have offered us 50% off standard fare. I am in the process of confirming some now. There is no problem but the reorganisation following the DFDS takeover means some of the contacts have changed. The process at the moment is that I will make the booking and have to make the payment so anyone booking this way will owe me the money. It is not as fast as booking on-line so if you want to save money let me kow asap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
er1c

er1c

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: How much is the Ferry   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:11 pm

How much is the ferry at the discounted rate ?

We were considering EUROTUNNEL.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Bear in mind that Eurotunnel do not like jerricans, in fact it could be they don't allow them at all. I know this is definitely the case with LPG. You also gotta watch the height limit as Eurotunnel + rooftent = unhappy Eurotunnel staff. No
Back to top Go down
er1c

er1c

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 am

Sold on the ferry purely due to the superb cost..

Eurotunnel dont care about height. In a 110 its already over a car height meaning you have the clearance up to the height of a double decker bus. All they care about is LPG, camping gas and fuel cans they dont care about too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just a few little questions   just a few little questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just a few little questions
Page 1 of 1