Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Lenny kept rolling along !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

And Lenny kept rolling along ! Empty
PostSubject: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Well after all of the traumas of the week before our departures and the BIG question of "Will we make it to Valkenburg ?" I'm pleased to say that Lenny behaved himself impeccably and only needed one small drop of oil and a bit of air in the tyres all week !

I hope that all of you who took part enjoyed it at least half as much as I did - then I know you will have all had a great time.

It was lovely to meet old friends Jaap and Henk again (plus Henriette and their family again last night) and also Yoda and Dilys. It was also really good to make new friends as well and hope you will all keep in contact and look forward to meeting up with you again sometime in the future.

Now to unpack and do the laundry and more importantly get some sleep before work tomorrow. Then I can look at the photos tomorrow evening !
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:24 pm

As always it was joy to have you on board. Never moaning or graning, just getting on with enjoying yourselves and overcoming obstacles as they occur. As it happens for the first year ever, both Lenny and my own steed performed impeccably, so that certainly did help make LR`10 a vintage year.

Please, remind everyone of your results over the years, as I'm not entirely sure myself. All I do know is, as a family you achieved a podium finish at last, that has to be satisfying! And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Without wishing to brag our results were as follows

2007 as team Monstar we came in 11th (that was as a family)
2008 Mum and Dad came in 5th as SylKie Road Runners
Marc, Kieran and friends came 7th as Team Monstar
2009 Mum Dad and Marc came 4th as Road Runners
2010 RoadRunners came in 3rd

Between us we have raised more than £6000 and still counting for various charities including
Wish Upon a Star
Ellen MacArthur Trust
Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance
Macmillan Cancer Support
4th Mansfield Woodhouse Scout Group

The tasks this year have been by far the best and more of them ! The comment was always...... what have we got to do this morning (other than search for another version of "Waynes helicopter " !!!)

Tom - we have enjoyed the rally's but each one for a very different reason/challenge.

2007 was a challenge with 4th adults in a 90
2008 said 90 had just had the bulk head replaced and Lenny was new to us and prone to stupid things going wrong ( - only one of which we could have sorted out before hand)
2009 after previous year we needed to prove that Lenny could do it (and he did) but we seemed to jinx everyone we came into contact with and spent a lot of time trying to help Kieran and James out getting people back on the road.
2010 Everyone made it round the rally with very few issues (unless you were an airborne)

As Keith will tell you I do have a moan particularly when the partying wakes me up in the tent next door at silly hours of the morning ! That said you soon work out who is likely to be up late and pitch your tent away from them, make a joke about it and problem solved ! Perhaps a gazebo away from the tents might be an idea for the future ? Then even Jaap and Henk could get some sleep !

Great times were had but it is going to take a while to sort out all those photos (plus 800 including number plates and animals !)
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Oh the joys of digital photography!

Didn't realise you raised so much for the good causes. Add to that another sizeable amount for Macmillan Cancer Support when you enter the annual Mac 4x4 Challenge, you as a family clearly deserve an extremely large 'pat on the back'. CONGRATS ON THE PODIUM FINISH, THOROUGHLY DESERVED! And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:01 pm

We will be taking a foldable partytent with us next year. Size 3 x 6 meters. Stands in 3 minutes. Only Tom has to reserve some place for it on the campsites. Would that help you out Silvia?
Was nice to be with you again in the rally
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Sounds perfect - perhaps Tom can also sleep in it? The tent he had this year was too small for him to find the door !!

And Lenny kept rolling along ! Dscf7110
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 pm

There's a novelty, a photo of yours truly not making it to my bed!
Tell you what, just as well Jon didn't want to relieve himself in the middle of the night! And Lenny kept rolling along ! Affraid
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm

cadarn wrote:
We will be taking a foldable partytent with us next year. Size 3 x 6 meters. Stands in 3 minutes. Only Tom has to reserve some place for it on the campsites. Would that help you out Silvia?
Was nice to be with you again in the rally

That sounds good Jaap

It would help you and Henk out when you needed some sleep as well as you could put your tent up well away from it ! And leave Tom to party the night away !

We also enjoyed your company on the rally and look forward to the Christmas do if you are able to come across. If not then we will aim to come over to Holland next May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Lenny kept rolling along !   And Lenny kept rolling along ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Lenny kept rolling along !
Page 1 of 1