Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Empty
PostSubject: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 8:23 am

New thread, see Ferries? thread for start.

theshortwayround wrote:
I thought about having them inside the car, but i'd rather they were outside, that way and vapours, leaks etc are less of an issue. and if they decide to look inside anyway.... may fabricate a cover for the roof mounted ones though.

Good idea about the marking though, diesel although i thoguht some still used GASOIL? or have i confused that with somethng else?

In spanish, gasoil is diesel, but so is diesel... like we have 'derv fuel' for people that can't spell.
Worldlingo could be wrong, though.

Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Diesel

If anyone wants a stensil posting out for marking up diesel or petrol cans, let me know and for a small donation to charity, I'll send them out.
For a slightly larger donation, I'll include a team name stensil, too.

Considering we're on our 4th official LR roofrack already, and having heard various tales of roofracks through windscreens when they had jerrycans or wheels on them, we're putting sleeping bags on the top, and keeping the jerry cans with decent seals (not filled to the brim!) inside.
Also keeps the center of gravity down, and the fuel out of the sun. In my experience, if you only put 20L in a 20L can, it doesn't leak - even in the back of an mpv with no shade, laid flat, when the can's too hot to touch.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:31 am

Hi,

Got a couple of replies from another forum;

1. "More likely to get pulled up on the boat getting to the countries in question. It is illegal to carry any fuel on a ferry - you are only legally permitted to carry enough fuel in the vehicles tank to get you on and off the ferry!"

2."you can not carry fuel cans on the rear door we have never had problems with carrying spare fuel on the roof or inside the truck in any of the countries you mention"

Are we there yet?
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi there, I can't see much point in carrying fuel on the ferries, cost of fuel in France is cheaper than here. I know we are supposed to have 20ltr with us but I am sure we can get it in Callais, so save some dosh and spend it on beer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:13 pm

Spot on LuckyTrucker! Pay enough tax already!

July's here! Smile Sunny at the weekend! Very Happy And the Landy sounds so sweet!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Yeah, gonna make sure all cans are empty and not even smell of fuel when approaching the ferry port, will even tape them open if need be, especially bearing the latest threat levels, need to be careful.

Sunny weather mark? where have you been? still raining here!

Def agree with lucky trucker, more money to spend on the duty free on the ferry!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi CarpeDiem, your Landy running ok now :?: I hav recently overcome an over-heating problem, new thermostat, viscious fan and a new rad, new clutch(it's been on the way out for ages) and today new clutch slave cylinder. Just as well get these problems sorted now. My Disco has a pretty hard life, towing trailers and off roading and with 2012,000 miles on the clock I think I can forgive it these running repairs. If I left it on the drive it would last for ages and not wear out. Look forward to meeting you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:26 pm

Hello,

They say sunny from Thursday onwards, down here we seem to get less "interesting" weather than most people elsewhere.

Glad to about your Disco, like you say, better now! Yeah, mine's running a treat, just awaiting a new series rad, then MOT, shouldn't be a problem, hopefully back by the weekend, then do some driving about. Very Happy Actually beginning to miss her :!: :?: Must get out more :!: lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 am

Excellent news about your series mate, fingers crossed for the MOT!

Typical, weather improves and i'm on Nights - Great! Mad Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:37 pm

hello,
the stencils are great!!! thankyou very much
Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Dscf0515

can anyone explain to me why motobike riders are so much more clever than the rest of us? one has just over took the car behind us as we were turning right!!! and smashed into the back of my friends car while there was 3 of us in it at about 50 mph in a 30 zone then treated everyone who tried to help him like they were muck Mad it was wet so he had no chance in hell of stopping for his stupidity just hope his is insured!

we are all ok but he is in hospital most probly for a while
bit off topic am sorry

thankyou once again for the templates
kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 7:32 am

Believe it or not, a lot of bikers have lots of no-claims discount because they don't ride like t***s. But then there are those that do, which are the ones that get noticed ... and killed.

I've never hit a car (unless you count the boot through the wing mirror when someone tried pushing me into the armco), but have been hit by a BMW turning right, a white van turning right, a royal mail van turning right, and a toyota that failed to notice I had stopped at a roundabout. The only time I was hit when overtaking was when I passed the royal mail van that was stationary and indicating left when it decided to do a U turn.

There are a lot of car drivers that are deliberately anti-bike. Mainly Toyota drivers, I find. Seems they'd rather kill me than not be The Car In Front.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:01 am

i understand that not all moto bike riders are t***s but as there seems to be ever more bikes around here they think they can ride at 70 in a 30 zone, its the same old story of the idiots ruining it for the others!

used the templates again today Laughing
thanks
kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)   Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel can transport ... (Was in Ferries thread)
Page 1 of 1