Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

xtreme ass team wheels

Go down 
+5
Lu and Tweedie
LuckyTrucker
theshortwayround
andybloke
rooftop
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

xtreme ass team wheels Empty
PostSubject: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:38 pm

disco 300 1995
steering gaurd
diff gaurds
snorkel soon to fit breather extensions
1 ins lift front 1+1/2 ins at rear
cranked rear radius arms
raised recovery tow point
a bar
cb with euro channels
brunel uprated intercooler
rooftent lights etc
cant decide on tyres yet got sum muds but running on mitchelin xcls at moment any ideas welcome thinking about sum bfgs ats or kumho muds. andy
might be some more bits on there as well but you forgety sum times what youve done Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm

rooftop wrote:

1 ins lift front 1+1/2 ins at rear

Never really understood the idea of lifting unless your tyres don't fit.
Have other people fitted a lift? What diffrence does it make?
We've changed the shocks and steering damper, and the landy behaves much better now (more like a car or light van). Must say, I'd rather drop than lift.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:36 am

benefits of a lift are mostly for fitting bigger tyres, esp on a Disco, you can fit 235/85's with just a camal cut, but it's still ikely to foul the bodywork on full articulation.

It also raises the body, so improves approach and departure angles, esp if tow bar's fitted.

Basically, it puts a disco on simiar ground to a defender. Not sure i'd life a defender, but with a disco it just makes sense.

Only downsides are a little more body roll if shocks aren't top quality, possibility of needing different prop shafts, or castor correction kits, and the biggest pain of getting into small car parks! What a shame, now i can't go shopping cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
rooftop

rooftop

PostSubject: re lift   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am

1 ins at front 1-1/2 at rear no caster correction needed or props, cranked trailing arms keep the rear wheels in contact with ground alot better .did alps last year performed very well. disco also got procomp +2ins shocks told u i forget what i put on geek what am i like drunken
yeah whats a car park andy
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Hi there, I have a 2" lift with standard radius arms and brake pipes. No deteriation in the handling, still goes around corners on the door handles.
BFG MT in my humble opinion are the best tyres to go for. Obviously good in mud but they are also good on tarmac with no or very little tyre noise.
I know this a little belated but I have only just noticed this post Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm

We've just fitted our 2" lift - Britpart yellow springs and +2" ProComp shocks and extended brake hoses. Not bothered with extended bump stops, because I'm intending to make up the difference by welding new plates on the axles. Getting the new BFG MTs fitted on Saturday! :elephant:

Unfortunately, heard a grinding noise on the back end on the way home from work today - think it's just a slipped brake pad - need to get under it and have look! Hope it's not the diff or a rotten caliper! Evil or Very Mad Looks like the Range Rover is donating some more bits!!

T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi there, I would suspect a shot brake pad down to the metal caused by a siezed caliper. Just as well to get these things sorted now rather than sur la continant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 9:29 am

Hey Lu and T,

What size BFG Muds did you go for? mines sitting great now in it's +2 and big BFG's, so i know how're gonna feel when you do it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:32 pm

theshortwayround wrote:
Hey Lu and T,

What size BFG Muds did you go for? mines sitting great now in it's +2 and big BFG's, so i know how're gonna feel when you do it!!

We went for 235/85 with the 2" lift. We bought the BFGs from a roll cage company at Billing (have I told you this already???) - they have been on the Dakar rally! - but as spares, never fitted - so they've been a long way already! Needless to say, they were cheaper than usual! We had them fitted today when we bought new rims (silver mods, as ours were buckled) from John Craddock and they fitted them free of charge for us! cheers

Also had to buy a new clutch, but that's a different story study and a huge job! Crying or Very sad Looks like we'll also have to get a new rear brake caliper on Monday! We can't believe it - because we thought they were all new on the Rangie and so Tweedie could swap them over - but we had replaced all of them except the Rear LH side and that's the one that's gone!!! Evil or Very Mad

I'll have to post some pix of our driveway, it's like somebody has taken a Land Rover and thrown all the parts up in the air!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Dipstick would be proud of you ... that's Pete Wilford's Land Rover nut BTW.

You got around to cleaning parts in the washing machine yet or do you still do it the old fashioned way in the kitchen sink? Laughing
Back to top Go down
rooftop

rooftop

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:28 am

cant find any kumo kl71 s so will be looking 4 bfg muds at peterborogh large hole in wallet seems iminent ,just had word from my insurance company and there paying 4 my co-driver and extended breakdown cover. cheers cheers cheers 4 NFU insurance.

Vehicle just having a service today it just shows sometimes u miss things when u do it ur self, ie rear shocker upper mount rubbers worn and u dont want no worn rubbers , also sedimentor behind chassis at rear and i quote steve the service very nice man "do u know theres a sedimentor at the rear of this disco and do u know the drain plug looks as if it snapped of in the nintys", i did know it had snapped off but best to plead ignorance so it makes them feel supierior( bad spelling ) long time away from school.

see u all soon peterbog or on the other side
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am

rooftop wrote:
cant find any kumo kl71

Good choice Wink Have you seen the other stuff about Kieran's wheels - I mention the Kumhos in there.

I got my Kumhos from Nene Valley - http://www.4x4tyres.co.uk/. Dunno if they'll be at Peterborough or not but worth a call. Got a one off from local independant tyre place. Also, http://www.4site4x4.co.uk/ sell them I think.

Rafe
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:40 pm

nice disco dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:33 pm

discodude's gotta be a wind up ... sorry, soulcatcher's gotta be a wind up. Question is, who is he?????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyway, as said previously Nene Valley are good guys, part of our scene if you like (oh! - I sound so 70's) but they won't be at P'borough as they never have Trade Stands at shows. Why? Because they can't compete with the major players so can't afford thousand's of pounds to be at shows. Fact of life I'm affraid, but if you want honest to goodness advice, answers and service, this is the sort of company to go for.

And the best news for your pocket, because they don't spend a fortune on Trade Stands at the major shows, they can keep their prices down to the same or even below their rivals.

Support the independents if you can - Sermon over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: lift   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 am

Yeah ours has a 2inch lift front and rear, mainly just for the fact that i could lol

Just need o fit a snorkel now bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:43 am

what size tyres you fit with the lift?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: xtreme ass team wheels   xtreme ass team wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

xtreme ass team wheels
Page 1 of 1