Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?

Go down 
+3
theshortwayround
CarpeDiem
Tom Mc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Empty
PostSubject: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Good news, bad news. Will Mc, who Lu was chatting to while I was away causing havoc in mainland Europe, is joining our elite vanguard of adventurers in the first ever Landy Rally. Trouble is, he is in a bit of a quandary. His dilemma is whether to take part in his shiny metallic red Range Rover Sport HST or go for his latest acquisition – a brand new Disco 3.

Now I have assured him there are no ‘scratchy’ stages (fair play for he said himself that mud was not a concern - as the photos on the forum prove - but scratchy stuff like gorse or trees are not his favourite things) so I personally advised to take the RRS, especially as he would be the first RRS to enter.

No sitting on the fence, if you were in his shoes what would you do? scratch
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:14 pm

RRS.

Or, trade those in and get a fully prepped 130. Smile
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:28 pm

hmm i'm with mark on this one, i'd trade them in for an expedition prepped 130!

Having said that, i can't see that the D3 will have any advantage over the RRS, so on that note, i'd take the RRS, be a good tester for it, i reckon Land Rover would be interested in it too as there can't have been many do overland stuff yet, and it'd just be different!

Janet said if it wern't for the off road stuff, and the fact that it has to be a land rover, she'd take her astra....
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Take the RRS and wrap it in cling film to stop the mud scratching!

Tweedie :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:14 pm

You bitch, retract those nails daaaaaarling! No seriously, he's not in the least worried about the mud - not that there will be any (sorry, you need Northern Europe for that) - for mud washes off, it's only the inevitable scratches that come from overgrown lanes that concerns him. CAN'T BLAME HIM! As I said, there aren't any, so no problem there.

I trust you realise it's the very same RRS as pictured within Will Wonka's post in the 'Your Wheels' section undetr the heading of Even RRS S/C HST's get muddy!!!

Anyway, keep it up folks because with your encouragement he may well take the RRS yet!

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Whichever one has the least technology to go wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Best not even go at all then. In fact, if we're not driving one of the old Meccanno kits (Series 1/2/3), we're all doooooooomed!

Last edited by on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:39 am

Lets not forget the D3 and RRS are for all intents and purposes the same vehicle, just clad in a different shell.

Id go in the RRS (if I had the choice)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 8:16 am

Hi there, yes I'll second what Jon says, same car different clothes. Must admit I would go for the D3. Having driven one on/off road, LR Exprience Rockingham Castle, the D3 is a fine car. The hill decsent control was demostrated to me, yes it worked very well but wasn't it dull :| I was then let behind the wheel and went down this same hill, "let's see what it's like without the hill decsent control" I said to the guy. Well the tail started to come round, I gave it a bit more power to straighten it up, it straightened up, the guy said "we'll let the technology take over"yawn Mad
No doubt about it, it is a very fine car and they have just invited me to do it all again. I will be a D3 owner one day but not for a while.
I think I will would still take my old Disco on the Landy Rally, there wouldn't be any sense of achievment doing it in a D3
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?   Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who would like to see a shiny RR Sport enter Landy Rally`07?
Page 1 of 1