Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????

Go down 
+2
VentureOverland
LuckyTrucker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Empty
PostSubject: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Hi there, how are we doing for language skills?
I have little Spanish and un petit per French. If they speak very slowly I might understand 1 word in 10. but I do have a multi-lingual finger.
How many of you are multi-lingual?

Last edited by on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 pm

My fingers can be incredibly dexterous Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can understand most English et une petit pois francais.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:46 pm

I can speak some German and French, but haven't practiced for years! confused

T has some stock phrases! Spanish: 'Dos cerveza por favour'! (2 beers please), French: 'Tu es mon petit chou-fleur' (you are my little cauliflower!) and the ever helpful German: 'Ich bin verstopft' (I am constipated!). Do you think that will get us round Europe? :?:

lol!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Nich schissen
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:08 pm

One beer please
Une bière svp
Ein bier bitte
Una birra per favore
Una cerveza por favor
Now all I have to do is count to twenty in each language and I'll be set for most evenings!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:03 am

Im going to practice the cauliflower one and see how I go!

I can always send Bob (co-driver) out for supplies...and a Mechanic affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
will_wonka

will_wonka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 pm

I have a loud voice and can point agressively - think Kenny Everett as the preacher with the large hand! lol!

Alternatively, I could send in the Butler come translator before we arrive, whichever suits best really?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:07 pm

i can speak chinese
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I can order one! Bet Will gets his butler to pick up the phone ... what a lazy Wonka! Razz
Back to top Go down
will_wonka

will_wonka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
I can order one! Bet Will gets his butler to pick up the phone ... what a lazy Wonka! Razz

Very good indeed. Laughing

I actually prefer Swede(s).
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:50 pm

And me, but I couldn't eat a whole one. Then again ...
Back to top Go down
Jabbawok

Jabbawok

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 am

After living in both Germany and Switzerland for a few years I think I can cover off the basic German aspects, especially when it comes to arguing with a Swiss land rover machanic, in a few local Swiss dialects too.

With that said, the Land Rover garage in Basel has a machanic from Yorkshire who is more than happy to argue your point over pricing with the garage owners.

As with BJ, we can probably express ourselves suitably in Italian if the locals get a bit over-friendly!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jabbawok

Jabbawok

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:49 am

And, if anyone is interested in viewing any properties in France, I'm fairly up on the technical terms there too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????   Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol????????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parlez vous Franglais Italiano, Deutsch,Espanol?????????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: