Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule amendments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:55 am

Have a butcher's at the RULES section of the event website as virtually all the rules have been amended/updated. Nothing you don't already know, but items like the 'competition numbers' had to be updated.

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:51 am

Cool, nothing major there,

Only questions, with regard to the white square for charity identification,

We so far have a white rectangle about 150mmx600mm, not sure what that is in inches, but is that sufficent?

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi Tom,

Great stuff.

Can custom vinyls knock this white square with some logos on it? And, is it possible to stick it to the rear side windows?

Re: "white rectangle about 150mmx600mm, not sure what that is in inches" = 6" x 24"

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Cheers Mark, brains stopped for the weekend as for once i have the WHOLE weekend off!! Yay, although i think Janet has lot's of cleaning planned.... affraid

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:11 pm

At least with all that manual work, you'll be thirsty! Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:09 pm

No problem Steve, 24" x 6" is getting on for 16" x 16" anyway. Point is, as long as the charity info on a white background shows up well, that's all that counts.

I realise these will be different shapes to fit different vehicles, so as I say no problem.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi everyone

For some reason the website hasn't updated itself on my computer, eventhough I refreshed it! Any ideas? confused

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi,

It may be your cookies. If you open it from favouites, try retyping the address in.

If that doesn't work;

Click TOOLS along the top of the browser window
then click INTERNET OPTIONS
half way down on the GENERAL page, you'll see DELETE COOKIES, click it
further down you'll see CLEAR HISTORY, click that as well.
click OK.

And it should be OK, fingers crossed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Cheers Mark. I tried all that, but still no change! It has happened before and then it updated itself after about a week! I'm sure my PC will sort itself out in its own time!!

About removing vinyls: in order to put our new vinyls on, we had to remove the original Discovery ones (silver / black / white compass design etc. - they looked silly anyway, as chequerplate had been fitted at the bottom, down both sides). They came off really well with a hair dryer to soften them and then they pulled off. They left behind some stickyness, which then came off easily with tar and bug remover (you can get glue remover too). So it should be quite easy to remove vinyls after the rally if you need to, with no lasting 'damage'.

Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi Lu,

Hope you get your PC sorted, if not, I think these are the main amendments;

1) The following items of equipment are required for each vehicle – mobile phone, fire extinguisher, either a CB or a two-way radio (these are available from Argos from only £14.95 for two radios! Ranges are between 3km-8km depending on how much you pay. These are also great for 2 or more vehicles from one club or group), two fluorescent waistcoats, red warning triangle, first aid kit, spare bulb kit, headlight deflectors for right-hand-drive motoring, one double-loop tow rope and two ‘D’ shackles (adequate for a 2.5 ton vehicle), jump leads, basic tool kit, can of WD40 or similar, minimum 5 litres of drinking water, emergency cereal bars (in case of breakdown in the mountains – you’ll be glad of them!), 10 litres of fuel, funnel.

***** In addition you will need four maps:-

Michelin France 2007 1:200 000 1 inch : 3.16 miles 1 cm : 2 km @ £13.99 available from www.michelin.co.uk

Plus, three small maps all off the shelf at W H Smith @ £4.99 each -

716 National ~ Belgium & Luxembourg (1:350 000 1 inch : 5.52 miles - 1 cm : 3.5 kmm

729 National ~ Switzerland (1:400 000 1 in : 6.30 miles - 1 cm : 4 km

574 Regional ~ Catalunya & Andorra ( 1:400 000 1 cm : 4 km )

To be deducted from your overall rally score, a non-compliance forfeit of 100 points per item.

***** 4) Rule amendment: As of 1st august 2007, teams must now supply a white 16” square of vinyl (or similar – unless of course your vehicle is white!) on the driver and co-driver doors to accept their charity’s logos and/or any relevant charity information; the latter to be supplied by the entrants themselves. The position and exact size of this square can be elsewhere to suit your particular vehicle, but please ask the Organiser’s first about positioning.
As originally specified, 11 inch high ‘competition numbers’ will be no longer be supplied by the Organiser, as the entire event could be viewed by the authorities in some countries as a ‘speed event’. Landy Rally™ is certainly not a speed event and therefore does not want to be tarred with the same brush as gumball-type speed events. ? Forfeit – CAN’T START EVENT ! *****

***** 6) It is now compulsory to carry on board a digital camera. This is essential for gaining points during some of the tasks. It matters not what quality your camera is, so long as it is possible to (a) see your photo on the back of the camera, or (b) it must be possible to download the image on the Organiser’s laptop computer.

Thanks for the info about removing vinyls, I going to put anything like that on the rear side windows; having had the all the doors resprayed recently, I don't want to test the paintwork, that's also why I'm not openly supporting a charity, just rather give more money to those I already give to.

Who did you get to do your vinyls?

Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:07 am

Fire Extinguisher... Are we taking Fireman Sam as well?!?!?!?

Thats another one to add to my every growing list...

None of these things are new to me, I have read the rules & regs... honest... I just keep forgetting!

Shouldnt my list of to do's be shrinking and not growing at this late stage!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:43 am

In theory! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:48 pm

Cheers for the amendments Mark. We had our vinyls made by a friend of ours who does sign writing for a living. He took my ideas and designed a logo and he's done it all as his contribution, which is great! - only cost us a bottle of Jack Daniels to thank him! Cool

Any vinyl company like Custom Vinyl / your local sign people should be able to do them. Custom Vinyl have made us some team t shirts. :star:

Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:10 pm

The website finally updated itself on my PC today!!!

Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 pm

:suspect: :alien: cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rule amendments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule amendments   Rule amendments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule amendments
Page 1 of 1