Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Empty
PostSubject: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 1:04 am

Hi All,
Just thought Id let you know that Ive been a very busy bee in the garage this weekend...

We now have:
- front axle & steering protection
- Miles upon miles of cable installed ready for conenction
- Split charge system in (but not connected yet)
- Cubby box in

...doesnt sound much does it!? Still its a weekends work cos I had to take most of it out of the 90 first! cheers

On the down side, it doesnt look like im going to be able to get the engine driven compressor mounted in time... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:34 am

Sounds good Jon, i thought i was all pretty much there until last week! now i'm getting a similar list!

Although it looks like i could well have an engine driven air supply, but only if the A/C continues to refuse to be fitted!

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:43 am

My problem with the onboard air system is that I need to fabricate a mounting plate and belt adjusting system for the TD5. I have all the bits (appart from the mounting) in stock and also sat on my 90...

For 300Tdi's and TD5s without aircon its a doddle (thats where it is on the 90). But the new 110 has aircon and not much free space.

I know when I did the mounting arrangement for the 10cfm compressor we do for the 200 tdi the bracket had to go through several evolutions until it worked well. The last thing I can afford to do is make something up quickly only to find it throws a belt (or worse) before I get out of Belgium! I dont mind if it breaks when Im close to home, but I cant be ar*ed with it and mending it when on Holiday!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:53 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I've only just started preping the Rangie! Plenty of time thought I ... nah!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:55 am

Thats a bit organised for you Tom, starting already!!!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:02 pm

Had another good few days... got the roofrack on and a good bit of the elektricary sorted...

More electrics to do, lights to put on and fridge to secure... then I think we'll be ready for the off.
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 4:11 pm

I hope I'm not pushing my luck, but my car is now running really sweet. This was all scheduled items but now it has new brakes, new brake fluid, all the oils and filters have been changed.
Now the un-scheduled, higher performance intercooler, turbo and fuel pump tweaked, dog guard fitted (genuine LR but what a pain) behind axle track rod staightened plus new track rod ends and new wheel bearings.
To be honest it has not driven as well for a long time. I just hope my co-pilots enjoy it as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 4:21 pm

I've a grab handle acquired from an old Patrol you can have. Fit that and it'll make the hairy-Jap-motor-lover feel right at home!

You uprated the nearside suspension to cope with the extra ballast? Twisted Evil tongue
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:41 pm

Funny you should say that, Tom. Because I have fitted new uprated springs on the rear. I do so much towing that the previous springs only lasted just over a year. A bit poor I know but there was nothing my supplier would do other than let me have another pair at cost. Even though there were plus 2" same as previous, it sits higher at the rear now. Struggle for me to get in with my little legs Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:15 am

If your springs are only lasting a year then you are buying the wrong ones!!

A good spring should be able to cope with constant load for many years - thats what they are designed for.

Are you putting the cheap offroad +2's on or something like OME / King Springs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...   25 Days left and the prep work has just begun... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25 Days left and the prep work has just begun...
Page 1 of 1