Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?

Go down 
+10
TonySLROC
Keith Johnson
rooftop
Tom Mc
Rafe
CarpeDiem
andybloke
VentureOverland
theshortwayround
Dorset4x4
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dorset4x4

Dorset4x4

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Empty
PostSubject: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 am

If so where?

Getting v close now thought I'd best start doing some admin Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dorset4x4.com
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:41 am

yeahi think there are quite a lot staying friday night, i know that us, and i think Thames vally 4x4, and Team TNT are staying at the municipal campsite that Tom suggested, and is the main venue for the last night. there is apost with the details on somewhere...

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:51 am

we will be in the Foumule1 hotel on 14th and 21st... just down the road from the campsite
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:25 am

Dorset4x4 wrote:

If so where?

We're planning on arriving Thursday evening, at the main calais camp site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

We'll be at the main campsite on Friday.

Cheers everyone!

Are we there yet?
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:04 am

I think Tom and I will be there sometime on Thursday.

I say think because I only met him on Sunday remember, and don't yet know all the details.

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Myself and Rafe will be there from Thursday evening. Meeting up with Captain Chaos who is passing though on the way to a banger rally, so it'll be a nice little party before the main party on Friday night!

Re. campsites, see the post entitled Camping, hotels and ferries 36 posts before this on Sun July 22nd. It lists all the campsites en route.

If interested I'm booking 8 night's worth of camping (Fri to Fri) for £86.00 that way those who want to will all stay togther at one campsite and importantly, will have their pitches ready and waiting for them upon arrival.

By the way ...

I HAVE WRITTEN TO ALL DOZEN TEAMS IN LANDY RALLY 2007 (okay, so maybe there's a couple more than that) ABOUT CAMPING, ANY RULE AMENDMENTS THEY MAY BE UNAWARE ABOUT AND GENERAL REMINDERS. YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THESE EITHER FRI OR SAT.

PLEASE RETURN BOTH THE ENCLOSED FORMS A.S.A.P (one being a medical form so ignore this if you've alreaday signed and submitted this) AND IF UNSURE ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL ... PHONE OR EMAIL ME.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 am

yay, i like it when people write nice letters to me!

Back to top Go down
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:15 pm

xtreme ass crew should arrive on site friday night all things being equal.
whats all that about nothings ever equal, medical forms! we dont have to be sane do we no failed again :face:
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:11 pm

I've just spoken to the nice lady at Norfolkline and she says we can change from the 06:00 Sat ferry to 16:00 Friday just so we can join everyone else at Calais for the night. We are sailing to Dunkirk (Kierans spelling) so expect to get to Calais around20:00 local time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Tony   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:32 am

Hi yes neil and i are staying in calais on the friday night

Regards

Tony

Team SLROC
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi there, yes TV4x4 and the Bushpigs will be at the campsite at Calais late afternoon on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Feel a party a'brewing! Got your England regalia for the England v South Africa rugger game that evening? Don't forget we'll have two South African's with us that night ... well ... we have to have someone to throw our mussel shells at! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Hear, hear old chap, what Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:22 pm

will a 12 foot flag pole mounted on top of the landy with a 5 foot england flag do?
i could make it an 18 foot flag pole Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:39 pm

Yer just bragging now
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 4:47 pm

12 ft sounds fine Kieran. 18ft okay but best avoided as you're quite likely to skewer a skua (a British seabird that breeds in Shetland,Orkney and the Outer Hebrides). What a forum, amusing and informative!

Mind you, why you would be driving up in the north of Scotland when we'll be heading south is another matter entirely ... let's just say a 'skewer a seagull'. Going to be flags a'plenty, the Euroites won't know what's hit 'em. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:52 pm

12ft? Watch out for those low overhead electricty cables. affraid

Unless you want your landy to be like a bumper car! Razz
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 1:42 am

is that a male or female 12ft?

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:30 am

If you get lost, just follow the sparks from Team Monstar. Waste of time waiting for the SIII to produce some, we'd be in the Pyrenees for a mighty long time! Evil or Very Mad

Like the 'male or female' comment.
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:36 pm

I don't understand the male / female bit. Is it anything to do with the amount of space required to park ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 1:13 pm

I'm stepping out of this - over to you girls! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Hmmmm! Me thinks it's a matter of perception! Blokes exaggerate 3000 million times more than girls! tongue

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm

i could evan make a 24 foot flag pole with a five foot prate flag Laughing :afro: those bamboo sticks from b & q are great Laughing

( about the size of a 30 cm ruler Wink )

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
ardvark2345

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Calais on the 14th   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:37 pm

We will be staying at the campsite on friday night and watching the rugby and christening the start of the rally and its my birthday too!!!!!

I'll be enjoying a lie in on saturday morning till about 10:55.......I don't do mornings, I hope its not early starts next week.

Does the campsite have room service and breakfast in bed????

Only two days of work left...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th?   Any one staying in Calais on Fri 14th? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next