Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

European breakdown............

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

European breakdown............ Empty
PostSubject: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:16 am

May be a bit late in the day for some of you.....

.......and not wanting to teach my Grandmother to sucks, again.......

But, just about to sort RAC European cover (already have uk cover, so makes sense for me to stay with the RAC); one question came along, do you belong to a RAC recognised car club, err no, not yet, why?

Cost for cover over the 9 days about £70 Shocked

How much for a year (bearing in mind I'm away later in the year as well), £196 Shocked

And if I join a club? £90 per year Smile

So have joined the Series 111, 90 & 110 club. (£25 per yr)

A good saving, now what can I spend that on? scratch Razz
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Not the Serious III Club? Have I got some stories about them, or rather their weird leader 'Funtime Frankie' (Frank King). Not for public comsumption, especially before the watershed, they do however make perfect campfire stories. Twisted Evil

Good saving though. My RAC Euro cover back in June cost £149.04 for 12 months, but of course that was for the Astra (unlike UK cover which covers the member regardless of whichever vehicle you're in, for Europe you have to inform them which vehicle you will be touring in). This being the case, yesterday I phoned and told them about the Rangie.

"What year Sir?"

"Oh really, a 1987 RR Classic, that'll be another £27.94 thank you very much" - damn!

Still cheaper than your £196 though, what's that all about?
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:10 am

I got 3 years European Breakdown cover for free... Just had to buy a new Landy to get it jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:32 am

There's always one. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:11 am

Nice one Jon! tongue
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Are we really covered ??   European breakdown............ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:20 pm

After after having the Chevy recovered from the Pyrenees by the RAC as a result of a duff temperature sensor worth £7.95 and 1/2 hour to fit, (Its a long story) I have read my policy. I bought European cover for 12 months for any vehicle including over 10 years old. I am covered for two recoveries (saved one for LandyRally) but they do NOT cover "any vehicle used for motor racing, rallies or other competitive events or persons taking part in these activities". While LR is not a motor race it is described as a rally and is to some extent competitive. I have not queried it with them - ignorance is bliss. Anyone any inside information on this - what do you think Tom ? I am really putting my faith in Kieran having done what I told him ........
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European breakdown............   European breakdown............ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European breakdown............
Page 1 of 1