Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home at last!

Go down 
+13
bj
Badger
apd2009
sb
Keith Johnson
Sparky
Lu and Tweedie
LuckyTrucker
The bushpigs
4x4Bun
CarpeDiem
theshortwayround
DrivingMissDaisy
17 posters
AuthorMessage
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 am

Just wanted to say a huge Thank you to all you wonderful people who made it a great event. Very Happy

Hope you all arrive home safely.

Miss Daisy made it home hiccupping all the way but we used the force.

An extra big Thanks to The Lostboys for getting us very lost but making us chuckle the whole way through, couldnt have done it without you!

I'm off to pass out now....actuallly no I'm not, the girls have just turned up to go out drinking cheers yay!

Clare & Will
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:40 am

what can we say, we had great fun, met great people, and are looking forward to next year already (yes, with the moaning as well!)

Thanks to all the other members of the Pukka Posse, and especially to Dom the pirate pirat for keeping us on the road.

Best wishes and thanks to all of you out there, now, time for easy food (where's the chinese menu,) and not having to arrive in the dark and put the tent up.

Right then, what time is the drivers briefing?

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm

Yes, fun all round!

Got home safely, many many thanks to you all, a great time was had.

Pukka Posse!
Back to top Go down
4x4Bun

4x4Bun

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Home at Last   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Well, what can I say. An asbsolutely outstanding event....even through the early starts and late finishes, the cameradarie was superb.

Special mentions to: Bush Pigs, Shortwayround, Roadhogs, TNT, Landrovers & Wine and of course the Pirates.....PUKKA POSSE Smile

I hope everyone arrived home safely...glad to be back on the coorec sie of the rod Wink BRING IN ON FOR 2008 affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: HOME AT LAST   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 am

Thank you everyone for a fantastic 7 days! These memories will be with the bushpigs forever, really looking forward to the Tour de England next year. Take care all!!!
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:31 am

Hi there, yes, what a week. There were the lows but exceeded by the highs. An experience that will last forever. TV4x4 arrived home safely. Many thanks to all you guys who made the trip so memorable. As 4x4Bun said. Bring it on next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:01 am

Ditto all the comments above! We arrived home after another 266 mile trip (so short!) from Dover. Mr T having a lie in currently. Thanks to all of the organisers and teams and especially the Pukka Posse!

Keep in touch!

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Good to be back   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 am

Hi Guys, great to be back with the motor still running ok.

Wanted to say thanks alot to all of you for making our virginal trip out on this sort of bash such a good one. The support offered was outstanding and recieved with grateful thanks.

The driving roads and views in the mountains were fantastic and as for the reception by the Val d’Isére off road club, what can you say,

Again many thanks, hope you all got back safely,

Sparky and Mandy cheers
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Home at last !!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 7:33 am

Team Monstar arrived home (after dark naturally) and announced our arrival to the neighbours in the only way possible. New crop of for sale boards this morning. We had a great time and Kieran hopes we will be able to field two teams next year to give him and his brother more room. Can we stick a Land Rover badge on the Chevy please Tom ?

We would really like to thank the other teams for the help and encouragement, particularly those who waited up in Italy to give us such a reception. Also many thanks to Remember Chernobyl, Xtreme Ass and Ipswich for staying with us for so many miles.

Hope to see you all again next year, or before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
sb

sb

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:39 am

hi guys nice to be home but missing the puka possy all ready. keep it real see you all on uk tour. john roadhogs tongue
Back to top Go down

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:58 am

home Shocked
rain Shocked
wires every where once more Shocked
school and course work Shocked
boring Shocked
serious "continental totty drought" Shocked

bring on the landy show

and
bring on next year cheers

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi guys as the last part of tv4x4, I would like to say again a huge thanks for taking me on board as anon LR owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil! and making my birthday so goooooooooooooooood even if it took 2 days. lol! Andy. PS C'ptn Grumpy has left the Landy Rally :clown:
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:51 pm

We are home and i have unpacked the truck and fed Dr. Evil and she now has a 2.5 hour journey home.

I look forward to seeing you all at Abingdon! or at other events during the year. although i am not usre i want to wear orange for a little while.

Thanks to all of you for making the event the success it was.
Back to top Go down
bj

bj

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Home, just.

Stayed at a great camp site in Guines Saturday night - Can highly recommend it for next year's finish Smile

Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers and all the teams who made it so great.

I know we will be keeping in touch with some of you. Shame I wasn't making any sense Fri / Sat. Was sooo tired.

Oh, I make the round trip from home near as dammit 4,000miles in nine days. I am sure that AndyBloke will contradict me with the precise distance once he has analysed all our computer files.

BJ
Back to top Go down
http://laralive.org/
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:45 pm

Hello one and all -

Back safe and sound in Blighty, complete with an £800 RR that didn't skip a beat. Yes it cost a few bob in fuel and doubtless it expanded the ozone layer by 0000000000000000000000000000000000.1% , but hey, as I elected not to go on holiday to Australia this year, by my calculations I am well in credit carbon footprint-wise!

Falling asleep at keyboard but must quickly tell you this. Yesterday, in Saturday's post at the Cafe de Paris, Herve the Proprietor received another batch of postcards and in amongst them were two from Team Camel Adventures but only one from Sparks Will Fly. Had this happend 24 hours previously, instead of Camel winning by 30 points, Sparks would have won by 20. Ces't la Vie.

Anyway, speak tomorrow after a darn good night's kip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:03 am

Finally got home last night - doing the last part of my journey in a Ford Ka! Felt like I'd was letting the Landy's down (and feeling very short!).

Thank you to everyone for making it such a great event - for all the support. And to all you fantastic people for raising so much money. Well done to you all.

See some of you in Abingdon and others next year?

I can slepp now, safely back at work.

The evil doctor
----------------------
Back to top Go down
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Are we there yet???   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 5:25 am

Sad
Hey Pukka Possie, I have been back at work for half a day now and am terribly bored already, when do we leave on the next adventure?

Anyone up for "Tour de England"?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dorset4x4

Dorset4x4

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:14 am

Tour de England - keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dorset4x4.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:54 am

The bushpigs wrote:
Sad
Hey Pukka Possie, I have been back at work for half a day now and am terribly bored already, when do we leave on the next adventure?

Anyone up for "Tour de England"?
Very Happy

You see this is the problem when you combine travelling and Land Rovers... Life becomes about planning the next event - I dont profess to know why, only that this is a common side effect of combining the two Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are currently thinking about Christmas... South of France is looking tempting at the moment, then again, so is Northern Spain or even Romania or Portugal...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Where to next?   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:37 am

Way ahead of you there Hombre' we have already booked France for Xmas and will be taking the landies back into Europe (France) for Xmas.

See you there!!!

:pig:
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:27 am

Tell me you had France booked before you went away last week? Otherwise, hats off to you!!

Where abouts in France you heading over Christmas and for how long?
Back to top Go down
The bushpigs

The bushpigs

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: France for Xmas   Home at last! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:39 am

rendeer
LOL
Yes booked France just before leaving, we are staying in an old restored farm but this time the bushpigs are taking two landies, both Disco's and the whole fandamily... going from the 22nd for about a week, plan on doing a bit of touring around the beach landing sites.

:pig:
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:10 am

Excellent. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home at last!   Home at last! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home at last!
Page 1 of 1