Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My turn!

Go down 
+7
rooftop
Badger
CarpeDiem
Lu and Tweedie
DrivingMissDaisy
Sparky
Rafe
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:02 am

Sentence structure !! It's me thats serving the sentence 17.5 years (nearly 19 if you count his brother) served so far - still he goes to uni next year all being well .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Dorset4x4

Dorset4x4

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-04-23

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:25 am

Hi rafe,

Well done, don't suppose you happened to bump in to my mate stace - http://www.justgiving.com/staceyrollings he had a fun packed time too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dorset4x4.com
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:30 am

Dorset4x4 wrote:
Well done

Hey, I've not done it yet! Different event to the one your mate did. At least he used a proper bike!

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Dorset4x4

Dorset4x4

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-04-23

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 am

Good luck, hope you've got slick tyres Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.dorset4x4.com

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:41 am

i sugest you get the most nobley tyres possible just for the looks Laughing

ahhh well i can read it so its all good i guess, apart from the three failed english GCSE attempts
Back to top Go down
Rafe

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 6:29 am

My crazy peddle to Paris is this Thursday & Friday !

You should be able to track my progress via:

www.codegate.co.uk/cycling.php

Though as Andy & BJ will tell you, technology doesn't always play ball and unfortunately I won't be able to keep an eye on it, for obvious reasons.

Will let you know how I get on sometime next week.

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:27 am

Best of British mate, we'll be thinking of you.

Something you don't know (I can tell you now as it's not going to happen) is the fact Sheila and I were intending to surprise you on Saturday at the Parisian Cafe where you'll be watching the rugby final! Unfortunately (a) We can't book a hotel anywhere remotely near Paris for love nor money - PARIS IT SEEMS IS FULL!, and (b) even if we could, it's impossible to book a flight to Paris. We even considered flying from Bournemouth to Nantes and getting the TGV direct to Paris, but again, even ignoring the additional cost (this would bump up the cost of the weekend to £450 ... without spending money!!!) we still wouldn't have anywhere to stay in Paris!

Oh well, it was a nice thought seeing you to be able to Mick out of your bandy legs/sore 'arris, winding up the Frogs for losing their semi and having a darn good session as we beat the Boks (I wish) but of course it's still not possible logistics-wise.

What a weekend to choose!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 9:06 am

Best of luck Rafe!
Back to top Go down
Rafe

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Nice gesture Tom! The cycle ride has a rugby theme, so it had to be this weekend. We're leaving Twickenham stadium (proper like, they're opening one of the staff car parks for us) and heading for Stade de Paris.

Just glad we booked our hotels ages ago. Bet it went manic after England got in the final as it's quite accessible for us brits. If it'd been New Zealand vs South Africa for example you'd of probably found it easier.

Oh well, not a big Rugby fan but looking forward to being there now! Atmosphere should be awesome.

Rafe
Back to top Go down

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 3:21 pm

best of luck rafe i hope you have a comfy seat!!! and one of those speed o meters for bikes they occupy alot of the time " oooo i wonder what that button does "

Tom : did you not watch top gear this weekend? talk to clarkson he will get you across there Laughing

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjHqJC0StI&mode=related&search=

lol!

Hope made it rafe!
Back to top Go down

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:16 pm

hows the butt?
Back to top Go down
Rafe

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:33 am

Well I survived! If you looked at the tracker you may have noticed that like on LandyRally there were a couple of wrong turns, but I made it.

185 miles covered, 65 on Thursday and 120 on the Friday.

Sorry to disappoint but butt is fine, have no blisters (on butt or otherwise) and apart from being a little behind in sleep quota and a slight twinge when climbing stairs I'm absolutely fine.

Rafe
Back to top Go down
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:48 am

cheers Well Done Rafe!!! cheers
Brilliant acheivement, we're all proud of you.

No blisters...must have been the banana trick :?:

Clare
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:50 am

good effort!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 7:24 pm

"and apart from being a little behind in sleep quota" ... good pun! Razz

Good effort mate. cheers cheers cheers

And to think some had a whinge on Landy Rally at the mileages. Huh, Rafe's just cycled 65 miles one day, 120 the next! Sitting behind a wheel of a Tdi is a doddle by comparison!!!
Back to top Go down

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My turn!   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:36 am

depends who's TDI your sat behind Laughing
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

My turn! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: yep   My turn! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:59 am

kieran wrote:
depends who's TDI your sat behind Laughing

I second taht kieran lol!
Back to top Go down