Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?

Go down 
+5
bj
Dr. Evil
VentureOverland
andybloke
Tom Mc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Empty
PostSubject: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:10 am

Well ... it does what it says on the can. What did you enjoy most about the event?

Last edited by on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 4:42 am

Best bits of the rally: Twisties! Up the side of mountains! In the dark! Great fun! cheers

Best bit after the rally: Decent, hot, clean showers at a campsite in Guines.

Most regret not doing: The forest section before Andora (no other teams were about to go with).

Well done, Tom. Looking forward to LR2008!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 5:18 am

Definately (and in no particular order):
- the long twisty mountain sections
- the trek through Provence
- the trek through the southern side of the Pyrenees
- Val d'Isere
- Night Driving through the forest
- The green laning in Spain (please sir, can I have some more?)
- Val d'Isere (or was it Guines) Campsite
- The impromptu cross-team discussions that took place in the wee small hours over a glass of wine or two :bom: drunken

Given that all good things must come to an end, aside from the memories, perhaps the second best thing is looking forward to and planning next years Landy Rally adventure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 7:55 am

VentureOverland wrote:

- Val d'Isere (or was it Guines) Campsite
Guines is a village near Calais - we stopped over for another Chill Out day and went there Saturday. Crackin site - English speaking French and French speaking English staff on site, big clean facilities with non-pay hot showers, bar, takeaway and resteraunt on site. It's a EuroCamp site, so you can turn up and move into a ready-built tent (with beds, power and fridge), if you want to. Can recommend it for those that arrive a day early/leave a day late. We paid 14 euros for landy, tent, 2 people. There's a pool, too, which BJ tried.

Val d'Isere was fun, too - who else got up while it was snowing?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:33 am

When did it snow?

Darn it - in a ski resort and missed the snow!

Dr. Evil
---------
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:38 am

I slept like a baby through the rain and snow...Though I did notice the fresh snow on the hill tops as we drove south the following day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:00 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
When did it snow?
Darn it - in a ski resort and missed the snow!
Dr. Evil

2330h it was snowing.... I emerged from the tent (to go pee, btw) and found it snowing .... just before the big storm arrived.

Internet in the pub. Grand!
Back to top Go down
bj

bj

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:59 pm

I thought the guys who ran the Italian camp site were great - We got in late and tired, but before you knew it there was food drink and a party.

Like everyone else I loved the twisty mountain roads. So glad we had a TD5 and were able to keep the centre of gravity low.

I think the Alps were the most breath taking - less barren than the Pyrenees.

Chatting to the German polize: "You English are special you know!"
Back to top Go down
http://laralive.org/
bj

bj

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Also, how many of our mod's to Lara actually worked out.
Back to top Go down
http://laralive.org/
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 3:44 am

This is going to sound a mixture of corny, cheesy and chat-up, but here goes. Best bits for me were (in no particular order)...

* Seeing the teams get through the lows and ending up having a cracking time - and being part of making that happen

* Laura's (Dr. Evil) near constant giggling especially at my jokes. You've got an utterly fabulous one there Badger!

* The "twisties" as Andy called them. Pyrenees win over the Alps for me because every view seemed to be different.

* Night driving through the forest.

* The friends and memories made.

* Getting very low myself and getting through it without blubbing when I phoned wifey.

Rafe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:05 am

like wise to the others i liked the bendy roads day and night and did like the pyrenese more than the alps because it reminded me of some wild place millions of miles away from here,
a big plus is that we made it round without serious brake downs and didnt come back on a truck,
lots of fun!
the night time forest track was brilliant!

also would like to extend thanks to the organising team, as we would say round ere

GOOD EFFORT !!!Laughing

WE WILL BE BACK

cheers kieran cheers :!:

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:27 am

Our best bits (in no particular order):

:star: The sights especially the Alps and the Pyrennes - fantastic scenery and lots of 'wow, look at that!' over the CB! I loved the Alps most - everything was so big!

:star: The commaraderie, friendship and generally people helping each other out was fantastic.

:star: The CB banter!

:star: Arriving at a restaurant in Switzerland on my birthday at 9.50p.m. (I think they usually close at 10!) and asking for a table for 17!! The staff were fantastic and the lasagne, chips and drinks were well needed by that point!

:star: My birthday cake, card and present in Italy - cheers Tom and co! Sorry I was so tired that night!

:star: Off roading at Val D'Isere - what a brilliant site and BBQ!

:star: Lovely restaurant food at Andorra and Cafe de Sybillien

:star: Booze and fuel prices in Andorra

:star: Watching a guy and his mate fall off his motorbike in a petrol station, as he watched Fred go by!!

:star: Favourite campsites: Luxembourg and Val D'Isere.

:star: Tweedie making me a candlelit dinner for two in Luxembourg - improvised sausage casserole and a nightlight on a John Smiths can! Brilliant!

:star: Calling Rafe's wife Penny - what a sport!

:star: The prize giving on the last night - well thought out prizes and a chance to relax with everybody.

:star: All the support from home and raising money for a charity I really care about (I think our total will be around £1700)

and finally...

:star: Staying in a two star hotel in Calais the last night - a real bed and a bath! - Luxury!

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:22 am

Agree with all the above.

Just pleased everyone got home safely, and with most of the Landys intact.

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
4x4Bun

4x4Bun

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: What I enjoyed most about Landy Rally 2007!   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Everyone Very Happy

Nice to see you are all still about and keeping up the 4x4 traditions!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Landy Rally, not least for the experience of visiting 7 countries with a like minded bunch of nutters!

` Twisted Evil Now for the best part...... 4x4Bun and Roadhog John found 'Love on the Landy Rally'. Hog1 has been spotted in Reading on several occasions (before it got condemned at its MOT!). So it's now official - the Landy Rally has spawned it's first couple! HOOYA I love you

Emma
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm

4x4Bun wrote:
4x4Bun and Roadhog John found 'Love on the Landy Rally'

That'll explain the hand-holding at the prize giving dinner then Wink

Rafe
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 4:34 pm

4x4Bun wrote:

` Twisted Evil Now for the best part...... 4x4Bun and Roadhog John found 'Love on the Landy Rally'. Hog1 has been spotted in Reading on several occasions (before it got condemned at its MOT!). So it's now official - the Landy Rally has spawned it's first couple! HOOYA I love you

Emma

Congrats you two! :king: :queen:

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:31 pm

cheers and the very best of luck to you both!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:43 am

I love you Ahhh ... I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?   What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you enjoy most about Landy Rally 2007 ?
Page 1 of 1