Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have returned....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

I have returned.... Empty
PostSubject: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 am

WOW - Portugal is FANTASTIC.... Just dont take a 130 cos it wont get through the old villages - the streets are just too small and mountain hairpins too small!!! Some where even hairy in the 110!

We did about 3000 miles over Chrimbo, driving through France (quickly), stopped off for a days skiing in Candanchu (Spain), dropped off at Fuente De in Picos De Europe, Spain (Fantastic place), then camped half way down a mountain (VERY cold)... Finally arrived in Portugal, met friends and had a great time...

Would defo recommend anyone to go. Thousands of tracks you can drive on, nice people etc etc. We based ourselves around Porto and had 4 full days off tarmac each day - Great!!!

Oh yeah, the Portuguese definately know how to celebrate New Year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:04 am

Sounds great Jon, welcome back.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:02 am

Thanks Mark; Is the old girl still running sweet after your last trip on the recovery truck???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Jon,

Yes, a lot quieter with the new box, also had a new clutch put in as well.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Welcome home, w e l c o m e, come on in, and close the door! Peters & Lee I believe, circa 197?????? Your little jaunt sounds really good, there's a thought for next Christmas/New Year.

Not much been happening since you've been away, well, if you discount the fact that:-

... Bofa Bill's entering a team of between 5 to 8 vehicles (possibly even more) under his Bofa 4x4 banner in Landy Rally 2008 raising funds for Macmillan cancer nurses

... I have decided not to run the Foreign Climes event in June after all (I'll explain more very soon)

... I'm receiving calls from all over the country from folk wanting to enter Landy Rally 2008, the latest from a guy in the Shetland Islands who must be keen as he'll have a fair ol' journey even before reaching Dover!!!

... I, along with the International Press Corps, had to be rescued from the jungle during the Rainforest Challenge of Malaysia in a fleet of dingies by the Bomba Malaysian Fire & Rescue! According to the Malaysian national daily newspaper ... "the participants were standing on the roof as the flood waters engulfed their vehicles" ... journalistic twaddle!

... and last but not least, I shall be running a series of nine 'never-seen-before' 4x4 events from March to November 2008, these to be announced to the media and public next week.

THAT'S ALL JON! Razz
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:45 pm

"I have decided not to run the Foreign Climes event in June" :suspect: drunken lol!

"I shall be running a series of nine 'never-seen-before' 4x4 events from March to November 2008, these to be announced to the media and public next week."

TELL US, TELL US MORE!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 am

Love to 'tell all', but I still have three venues to confirm. Patience Mr Diem, patience!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:25 am

AND Eastnor, Beaulieu and Abingdon.
Ohh and another newbie, berkshire 4x4 show, reading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:37 am

No Beaulieu 4x4 Show Bill, this hasn't run for a while now.

Tell you what, you've given me an idea. Because on Monday I'll be announcing the dates for my nine 4x4 events, I'll ask Mr Webmaster to create a new section within the homepage of the Landy Rally website entitled EVENTS CALENDAR (what a novel name!) so along with my own stuff, I can list all of the 4x4 and off-road events in 2008 that I have found to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have returned....   I have returned.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have returned....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: