Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Empty
PostSubject: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:36 pm

Any football/rugby/cricket/ice hockey/etc. supporters out there - who do you support?

We all have our cross to bear, mine is following Millwall. NO, not a hooligan, but certainly tarred with the same brush! Could be a lot worse though, could be a West Ham or Palace fan, even worse Wolves!!! At least I'm a real fan and not on the glory trail following the fashionable teams like ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. Controversial or wot?

Like thousands of others, although on TV only I always follow the national teams of most sports especially rugby, cricket and athletics.

Your turn …
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 7:07 am

Careful now!

I once knew a chap who made arrangements to go to see a World cup game only to pull out at the last minute with a feeble excuse of wait for it.......................
I CAN'T FIND MY PASSPORT!!!

Talking of national teams, what team do you think "MAD MAC" will put out to defend against the might of Andorra? No
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 9:50 am

Well hopefully Crouch up front as he seems to be the only one that can score for England these days. Is he injured BTW?

As for defending - a back four of Norman 'Bite Yer Legs' Hunter, Terry Hurlock (naturally), 'Chopper' Harris and Nobby Stiles, with Giant Haystacks in goal 'cause nothing will get past him!

If any one of these are not match fit, then we're DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 11:42 am

Never really rated Crouchy, but I have to say he does keep on scoring, somehow!

Up front with him, the REAL Shrek, not that imposter who played on Saturday! :cyclops: :cyclops:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:03 am

North Notts Hockey club all the way !!!
www.northnottshc.net
Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 9:28 am

I hear Steve McClaren has been driving around, while on the telephone, at least that way he's assured of 3 points!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 9:37 am

Nice one CarpeDiem!

We cud always go for Blunkett? He's blind knows f*** all about football but boy, he knows how to hang on to a lead!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 9:37 am

Well if we don't win tonight I'm going to down a litre of that £1.80 Andorraian vodka to drown my sorrows - on my own this time Captain!

Still have the 3 bottles I brought back totally intact. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 9:43 am

I'll just pop down the DIY shop for some meths, probably far less damaging to your insides drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:04 am

You should know, your brain's been addled for years geek
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:12 am

Anyway, didn't think they had sophisticated things like shops in Dudley. Surely still have hand carts at the side of the track. Probably still battering, still, doubtless you’ll get around to grots one day!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:14 am

Meant to type 'bartering', but "battering" is probably more apt lol!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 5:28 am

I will have you know Dudley is a shopping "Mecca" (quite literally!)

You have a wide and varied choice there of whatever you want.

Mr Singh on the one corner and in real competition Mr Patel on the opposite corner, both prepared to have a "barter" with you!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 am

Unless of course they both have fish & chip shops, then they would be 'battering' Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Rolling Eyes

Heard of a store the other day; Cheeses of Nazareth

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Excellent!

How about that British scaffolding firm called Permanent Erections Limited or an American business called The Ridgid Tool Company. Their company slogan was - "Some Day You Too Will Wish You Had A Ridgid Tool"

Oooeer Mrs!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Any football/rugby/cricket/ice hockey/etc. supporters out there - who do you support?

Your turn …

Isn't this a bit 'sportist' Tom... Youve not listed anything fun that needs an Engine! If you add an engine you can go from Formula 1 and Rallying down to banger racing and RTV'ing in the good old Landy's!

Q'uoor loads of choice! Must admit I'm partial to the Forumla 1 and World Rallying.

My days of running around a pitch after funny shaped balls and popping collar bones have long gone, and football never did really appeal (sorry!).

Although there's no engine involved I'm also keen on Mountain Biking - proper stuff, not just riding down to the shops!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...   For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For all football / rugby / cricket supporters ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Random stuff-
Jump to: