Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diesel Leak un fixable?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Diesel Leak un fixable? Empty
PostSubject: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:50 pm

hello,
i have run out of ideas with the diesel leaks that constantly appear, what is happening is that the spill rail bolts are coming undone, the first time this happend i just tightened them back up and the same the next couple of times, untill one fell out while on the motoway, i have now changed all of the copper washers to no gain it hasnt helped. will locktight work? as sugested by dad,
i can drive round for miles upon miles at normal speeds, but when at motoway speeds (or as close as can get to them) that eye wateringly strong diesel and cooking oil smell wafts through the landy

oh and thanks steve (from shortwayround ) after buying new oil filler cap problem solved which was strange because the garage man checked the old fller cap and said it was fine, and the man form RDH engineering that did lennys side protection said he had adjusted the cap to a tighter fit and he said it was perfect scratch so i went back to your advice and it worked aswell as giving me a shiney yellow cap cheers

affraid scratch

any advice is welcome im out of ideas, hopefully its a simple solution that takes no brain power.
especially important with the raising fuel prices

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Keith's spot on - Locktite should solve the problem!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 am

i will invest me in some of that, i will also get another full set of copper crush washers and solve the problem good and proper after exams,
on a lighter note having today had me head under the bonnet and pulled the on the go faster pedal string found that the diesel leak had temporarily stopped and the smell was a leaky exaust

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Kieren,
Get onto lrdirect.com and get some new bolty type things too - cost pence a piece.

Torque them up correctly, not just FT!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:31 pm

do you have a more direct link to the part? i cant find it scratch

torque them up properly, that doesnt mean talk to them then Laughing, may need some advice on that when it comes to that

cheers jon cheers

kieran
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:55 am

If you mean the banjo bolt, its here:
http://www.lrdirect.com/customer/product.php?productid=120035

Spill return pipe here:
http://www.lrdirect.com/customer/product.php?productid=120191

If you need other bits, let me know...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:07 am

Cheers jon,
i will order some of them when i locate my bank card scratch
do they sell the copper washers?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diesel Leak un fixable?   Diesel Leak un fixable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diesel Leak un fixable?
Page 1 of 1