Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea regarding fuel prices

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Idea regarding fuel prices Empty
PostSubject: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:50 am

Subject: FW: Petrol Price Attack

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 130.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place
not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not
purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO, BP and Texaco.
Texaco are up at 132.9 in Poole ATM.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and
pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.. ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes
sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP , Esso and Texaco
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:25 am

Good plan.

bofa bill wrote:
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP , Esso and Texaco

Personally, I only ever buy fuel at Morrisons, as it's 1.5p cheaper than the signed price if you have a Morrisons Miles Card (Presently works out to 121.4/L for diesel). Was 128.9 at Tesco just a few miles away at the weekend, and 132.1 at a Shell garage just down the road from Tesco's!

Morrisons are one of the largest LPG suppliers at the moment, and are also starting to roll out E85 bio-petrol (15% dino, 85% veg alcohol), with possible biodiesel options later this year. They use Greenergy as their supplier.

Check here to find your local non BP/Esso/Shell/Texaco station.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:45 am

I know you don't get out much Bill (bless!!!) so you wouldn't know, but this "don't buy from BP / Esso / Texaco campaign" has also been going for well over a year. It's probably surfaced again now because of the criminality that's going on at the pumps i.e. daylight robbery!

Don't know what the answer is mate, but sticking to boycotting BP / Esso / Texaco is extremely difficult to implement - especially on a long journey as virtually the only ones you ever come across are the big three. True it'll be easier to stick to the plan locally, but there are very few who will go to let's say a Texaco garage at £1.30 when there's a Morrison's just down the road at £1.25

No, I'm afraid this may help but it's not the answer. Apart from moving to Andorra where diesel is 47p per litre, anyone know what is?
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:01 am

Tom Mc wrote:
No, I'm afraid this may help but it's not the answer. Apart from moving to Andorra where diesel is 47p per litre, anyone know what is?

Andorra's okay, but most of the time I'd be happier with either
a) Cheaper fuel, or
b) Public transport that worked.
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:12 pm

i dont wish to put a downer on the world but as someone pointed out to me we cant exactly moan about fuel as we cruise around doin 20mpg in our 4x4s its just the price we pay for our interest

dont get me wrong its damned expensive as it only costs the oil companies $2 a barrel to get out the ground (excluding the politics behind it) its daylight robbery as i filled up the other day and it came to £90 and thats petrol, for that £90 i go 425 milesish or round kirton for a weekend

the alternative is that we buy a bean can (corsa/saxo/punto basically small mobiles for chavs) or yoghurt pot (107's and the dieaewooooooo granny mobile thingy bobs) that all do 60 mpg Idea

ill keep me 4x4 Razz

study study scratch scratch

tis just a thought Shocked (not cause for a riot lol) :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:53 pm

ahl nae fit in a bean can.
Unless tis hais a sun roof.

Luxonburger was $2 a litre.
How much is that in real money?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:12 pm

I perfectly understand how you would be suckered in by their argument (I’ve heard the same thing for years), but there is a very good reason your “smelly dirty 4x4” only does 20 mpg. It is built for a specific job – actually a multitude of specific jobs – and a small family hatchback just can’t fulfil those tasks.

Tell you what Marc, the next time somebody moans about your 4x4 doing only 20mpg, ask them –

if their Corsa can pull a twin-axled caravan or haul a transporter trailer … with a 4x4 on board?

or

whether their Saxo can winch a vehicle up a 45 degree bank or out of a mud-pit?

or

if their Punto is capable of withstanding a roof rack with a 150kg payload without squashing their minuscule tin can?!

or

their 107 can wade through 3ft of water?

or

what the chances are of their Micra driving across a ploughed field or a muddy track without getting bogged?

or

if their ‘double-cab hydraulically-tipping Clio pick-up’ can carry a ton of ballast?

or

their Focus can produce electricity/compressed air from its on-board generator/compressor?

or

how high can their cherry-picker or telescopic mast go?

or

what weight can their rear spec-lift or crane lift?

or

how many logs can they cut off the Power Take Off?

or

if their 1100cc could drag a fully laden artic up a motorway off-ramp like the Police RR’s and Discos can?

etc. etc. etc.

There is a very good reason why a 4x4 weighs in at 2.5 tons and does 20mpg – they are the most versatile ‘cars’ on (and off) the road and by their very nature have to be big, heavy and tough, so unless their silly little Euroblob motors can match all the above and more, then they can just go forth and multiply ‘cause they no nuffin’!

At the end of the day it’s our choice to run such a versatile motor, and it’s got burger all to do with the cost of fuel. SO THERE!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:10 pm

damn right Very Happy i get suckerd into all sorts haha

but on the one hand i have seen a ford ka drive around kirton (its on you tube) it was also at donnington show in the outside show bit, but thats the closest ive seen apart from a rover 25 (a actual rover 25) driving up a huge hill at the weekend affraid :cherry: :cherry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeGIx0JTWY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:00 am

Tom Mc, in his 999th post, wrote:
if their Punto is capable of withstanding a roof rack with a 150kg payload without squashing their minuscule tin can?!

Actually, the Mk2 Punto can.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:36 pm

You jest! The 150 kg figure is what Land Rover SA reccommend as a maximum for their roof racks, and a Punto can take as much? That said, I suppose it's because they are going by the LR's puny gutters, whereas the weight on a Punto's roofbars is spread on the roof itself. Damn ... thwarted again!

The off-roading at Kirton is awesome, and so's that Ka hybrid. Wonder which box he ticked when his insurance company asked if there were any modifications? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
You jest! The 150 kg figure is what Land Rover SA reccommend as a maximum for their roof racks, and a Punto can take as much?

Indeed. I ran a Mk2 Punto 1.4 16v petrol for 3 years. The roofrack weight goes on the roof, not the gutter (check the NCAP data on reinforcements). 4 people dancing on the roofrack at a party wasn't a problem Smile

For a petrol burner, it was a pretty good car. MPI, no turbo, 30-60mpg. Used to use it at least once a month when we'd "dress up in rubber suits, get tanked up and go jump in a lake" ... or in non-pervert speak, stick 8 full 12L scuba tanks, three wetsuits, three drysuits, five reg sets, 40lb of lead and three people in it, and go tearing off into the lake district for a days diving.

Eventually sold that to buy my 4th Fiat, a 1.9JTD van, because when it's raining it's nice to be able to put all the above mentioned kit in the boot and still be able to get changed in the back, or get an entire club sound system where it's going in one trip.

Don't diss the Fiat. I've seen a '92 Panda pulling a Rangie out of a hole, and my first Fiat was in the middle of a 3 car shunt; Result? 2xFord rightoff, 1x Fiat needed new numberplates Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:08 am

Don't mention rubber, you know how it gets Bill going ... so much so he'll probably bring back 'The Zip'. Not all bad then?

So much for thinking road-going Fiats were tin cans. I know what you're saying about the Fiat Sisley 4x4 - good motors. With their Steyr-Puch drive system (same Austrian company that produced/s the go-anywhere Haflinger and Pinzgauer) they are mini marvels. Would never diss them! cheers
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:07 am

Try bio fuel or used chip oil sunny Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea regarding fuel prices   Idea regarding fuel prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea regarding fuel prices
Page 1 of 1