Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team SWPORC in the press

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Team SWPORC in the press Empty
PostSubject: Team SWPORC in the press   Team SWPORC in the press Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm

We have been in touch with the South Wales argus over the last few weeks about running a bit of a story on the rally, and they have posted a little bit on their website prior to going to press. they are also interested in doing a follow up after our return. Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/swanews/3408466.Family_s_epic_journey_for_good_cause/
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team SWPORC in the press Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team SWPORC in the press   Team SWPORC in the press Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Nice one! As it happens I know about this Argus article already as the reporter in question contacted me a while back asking for an itinerary and route map - duly supplied of course.

Just one small but important point, any chance of asking said reporter to amend the following from:-

The race begins in Calais on September 13, finishing in the same city one week later and his journey will take him through France, Spain, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.

to:-

The charity drive begins in Calais ...........

The event description 'race' is an emotive word, and for obvious reasons not one we like to use. Two others are 'cannonball' and 'gumball', but any such descriptions to likely to alienate folk and turn them away rather than support us! Daft yes, you know it and I know it, but that's life I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

Team SWPORC in the press
Page 1 of 1