Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic IS Hard to Handle

Go down 
+3
bofa bill
VentureOverland
Lady V
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady V

Lady V

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Sonic IS Hard to Handle Empty
PostSubject: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 am

After our team day off-roading at Tixover, poor Sonic limped home with one of the trailing arm bushes in tatters and a rear spring not properly in it's housing.

We thought if felt abit funny back on the road!!

Lady V
Hard to Handle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

bet that was a fun trip with trailing arm bush in tatters pale , mine went at kirton and i struggled to go above 5mph on the grass, luckly they sold them there,

jubilee clips rind the spring and spring mount Wink two or three should do it evenly spaced and its cheap, perhaps three to be safe,
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:04 am

Lady V wrote:
After our team day off-roading at Tixover, poor Sonic limped home with one of the trailing arm bushes in tatters and a rear spring not properly in it's housing.

We thought if felt abit funny back on the road!!

Lady V
Hard to Handle

A BIG screwdriver is all you need to re-seat a spring... Interesting that you shreaded a bush though. Sont just replace the damage one, replace them all. If one's knackered, they all will be.

GENUINE Land Rover bushes - cheapish and all you need. No need to go down the Polybush route. Definately dont go to paddocks, britpart or bearmach for pattern pieces - they are all crap and dont last long.

As a side note, your profile says you are of "Unknown Gender". From the last time we met, if memory serves me right its not a difficult question to answer.... However, if Tom struggles with it, Id quite happily take up the role of "Gender Decider" :cyclops: :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 am

Oi YOU JON, watch it matey, I'm watching........
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Lady V

Lady V

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Unknown gender   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 am

I'm leaving my options open....but thanks for the offer Jon & Bill!

Levered the spring back in with a crow bar and a lump hammer and fortunately the trailing arm was still attached so got home alright. Not sure the AA would have picked us up!!

Lady V
Hard to Handle
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 am

Despite the knock back Laughing Laughing Definitely look to change those 4 radius arm and trailing arm bushes.

One at once = quick and easy job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:12 pm

[quote="VentureOverland"]

GENUINE Land Rover bushes - cheapish and all you need. No need to go down the Polybush route. Definately dont go to paddocks, britpart or bearmach for pattern pieces - they are all crap and dont last long.quote]

Will second that opinion Jon! Ran a fleet of 110's in a quarry the Gen LR gear is far better than the rest Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm

dont say that i was forced to buy a pair of £55 polybush rear triling arm bushes as it was that or pay for recovery which would have been alot seeing as i wasnt with rac then Mad
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Fair one! Polybushes are indeed excellent value for money in that situation Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:55 pm

i have now got RAC cover which incidentally costs less that those oly bushes Mad
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:20 pm

it lies, you mean it cost me less (hint hint)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Never had or heard of a problem with the RAC, whereas it seems the AA moan about everything.

Besides, years ago when the breakdown companies were put on the spot about the Byways (Greenlaning) issue re. closures, the RAC were on our side and wanted to keep them open, the AA on the other hand abstained and didn't want to know.

And more. Don't know if it still holds true, but when the RAC bought their fleet of Disco 1's when Land Rover first introduced them, the RAC said they needed an off-road cability to get to/recover vehicles on Byways. I never bothered with breakdown recovery up to that point, been an RAC member ever since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 pm

and there orange
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Yeah, but they don't wear cones on their heads saying "I need a drink". No
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Never had or heard of a problem with the RAC, whereas it seems the AA moan about everything.

AA's the Academy of A**holes.

They cost me my first car .... "Chassis is damaged" = "corroded pipe on suspension" ... ****ing **** **** ****er.... but have recovered my bikes on 4 occasions Embarassed - rear axle not bolted in properly, rad pipes not tightened properly, battery burst (on the M1?), alternator flew apart and got tangled in the chain...

I really wanted Kieran to try my suggestion of electrical tape to fix the bushes - I think you could get quite a few miles off of 4 rolls of electrical tape in place of bushes Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:08 am

Laughing i would of tried that Laughing Wink

if that didnt work i was going to ring dad up and get him to bring the one sapre bushe we have in the hope that that would give the axle more support so it didnt run on the body work, the vibratering was the scareyest and most costly problem i had Crying or Very sad and nobody was the to answer the phones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic IS Hard to Handle   Sonic IS Hard to Handle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic IS Hard to Handle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Your Wheels-
Jump to: