Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three cheers for team 'Get lost'

Go down 
+7
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
andybloke
Lizzytish
tpb4x4
loncbt
evo4x4
stuckinthemud
11 posters
AuthorMessage
stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Empty
PostSubject: Three cheers for team 'Get lost' (bunch of twats)   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:19 am

A general shout out to everyone in 'get lost' crew 2008 (you know who you are) who made a week in september become a fantastic adventure.

Pete. :afro:

Last edited by andybloke on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Language!)
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:08 pm

So, Pete - did you 'get lost' on your way home?

We managed it ok - Dep Dunkirk at 2pm.

Yep what a week and what an adventure; and what a great group you all were - it totally 'made' the event for Tim and me; I'm still laughing at so many of the 'discussion' points. Ace. Hopefully 'Get Lost FM' will return to air at some future event.

And; what a great result for you; thoroughly deserved, Jim and you worked hard for that 1st place.

Just reviewed some of the pics - great memories.

Tim will be in contact.

Hope to see you on Sunday - bring the trophy

Keith
Nav - TeamTaff
www.teamtaff.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.croatianholidays.eu
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Well what can i say........

Super Smashing Great......

Get Lost FM...bigger and better than Radio 1...

Banter on CB was even better

We got in around 8pm tonight knackered but happy, I'm sure the stories will stay with us all for a great many years.

See you all soon.

Ian and Keri (Team SWPORC)

Banter on CB was even better........anyone seen the film Groundhog Day :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Well, what can I say about the group we called 'TEAM GET LOST'? Hmmm......

My first thgts are what a bunch of twats, hahaha.....the guys/gals in this group are very special people (the variety sunshine club bus picks them up each morning Wink ) ..... U guys were superb, you made every day fun and u all made my hole week, sorry I meant my whole week (easy mistake)

re: GET LOST FM - I have been approached by radio stations all over Europe asking me to host their shows, but I have told them that I will only DJ for the GET LOST Crew Wink

This week has got to be one of the best weeks of my life....thanks to you guys!! I can't put into words how much fun I had, u all brought something different/superb to this week, especially one particular person Wink Wink

BTW - has anyone seen GroundHog Day?

I am going to be putting all my pics on2 my site.....and also make a funky dvd/cd of the pics for u guys, which I can post or bring to Abingdon Smile

I am gonna leave ya to it, before I start to cry - haha!!

This is GET LOST FM signing out..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.mac4x4challenge.co.uk
Lizzytish

Lizzytish

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:43 pm

What a week! A brilliant adventure.....although we started off with Team Get Lost the first day, we kind of drifted away for a day or so and then joined back up with them...THANK GOD!!! Cos in all fairness, we had brilliant fun! Keith and Tim really made the weekend for us with their fantastic sense of humour and wit. True gentlemen. Well....you MAY be one day, Tim Twisted Evil You both truly deserved the Spirit of the Event award! The theme tune and the radio broadcasts were fab!!! The banter on the CB kept everyone sane I think.
It was also great to meet new people. And the scenery?? WOW Of course there are some bits where I didn't look Rolling Eyes ....but I did take lots of pix....blindly aiming the camera lol! Rhys and Liv enjoyed themselves too, and I think Liv has a bit of a soft spot for Tim Cool

Has anyone seen that film......um, Groundhog Day?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 am

Evil or Very Mad someone stole the replies. Crying or Very sad scratch No No No
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 am

stuckinthemud wrote:
Evil or Very Mad someone stole the replies. Crying or Very sad scratch No No No

Magic Smoke Fairy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:43 am

My reply dissappeared Sad Sad Sad

Had left a post to say Well done and congratulations to Pete & Jim on their well earned win. You guys were great and kept the banter going throughout the week. Can't believe you picked up the main raffle prize as well....lucky tw*ts
Tim & Keith, well done on your win, totally deserved as it was mainly down to you guys we got to camp most nights - Realised how much we had come to rely on you after our solo jaunt to the Black Forest when we had to read the maps completely by ourselves!!!! affraid affraid affraid

The rest of the team which ended up as a 7 vehicle convoy were all fantastic, good friendships developed, great laughs were had by all, the banter was fantastic,. and we even got to celebrate an engagement en route courtesy of Paul and Phillipa - Congratulations to you both.

We've got to make a point of keeping in touch, but unfortunately due to commitments made to the kids I won't be at Abingdon, but sure we'll see everyone at some future event.

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
evo4x4

evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Dave - Shame we won't see you at Abingdon.

But your comments re last week are echoed; you didn't do too bad yourselves; with Kenny having the privilege of fixing our rear brake and a 4th place overall!

Somehow I don't think the likes of the Get Lost Crew of '08 will ever be repeated. It was Amazing.

Have you seen the film Groundhog Day?

Keith
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:18 pm

Quote :
Somehow I don't think the likes of the Get Lost Crew of '08 will ever be repeated. It was Amazing.

Then again, maybe it might happen.

What's interesting is exactly the same comments were made about the 'Pukka Posse' after LR`07. A group of about seven vehicles got together to form a convoy. Amongst others they were the Kronenbuggers (sorry - the Kronenborgers) and Lucky Trucker on this forum, who thoroughly enjoyed themseleves and also made lifelong friends to boot!

Landy Rally has a way of bringing folk together! cheers
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:09 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Quote :

Then again, maybe it might happen.

What's interesting is exactly the same comments were made about the 'Pukka Posse' after LR`07.

...and that involved an engagement, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 am

More than an engagement, we had our first Landy Rally wedding this summer. In a whilwind romance the happy couple were spotted holding hands towards the end of LR`07 and six months later they tied the knot!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:38 am

oh please tell me that they didnae get married in 'Landy Orange'
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 am

No, but their wedding carriage was a rather colourful pink open-top Dakar 4x4.

Not forgetting of course there was also an engagement this year as Paul from team Northern Rival popped the question to Phillippa who fortunately said YES! cheers

Congrats to the pair of them. Should they now call their team Northern Unison?
Back to top Go down
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:58 pm

We might be enagaged but were still rivals!!! lol! lol! lol!
fantastic week, even better people, will definatley consider doing it all again pennies permitting.

well team Get Lost what can I say but what a great bunch of people who I have to say would not have been brought together without Tom organising the whole event, Thank you so much Tom. cheers

anyway better go got work to do :pig: :pig: somebody has to try and keep the streets safe.

Pip. the better half. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dean McGuigan

Dean McGuigan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Great stuff guys. Im very glad everyone had a truley fantastic time. Have to admit i feel i missed out on some parts of the Landy Rally due to being tirelessley run into the ground trying to keep up with all dads antics. Didnt get as much chance to interact with all the crews and feel i missed out on a lot of the banter but saying that co driving for dad was a very important role which had its own rewards, i made it possible for him to fulfill his roles which in turn made the event possible for you guys so its a double edged sword! Although 45 mins sleep one morning and none on another isnt something i want to repeat again soon!! and anyhow if i can sway the missus we shall be participating in '09 so i can make up for the banter next time round!!

All of u in your own little way made the event a real cracker, so 3 bigs cheers to u lot!

Hope to see whoever possible at Abingdon, will be there saturday to sunday.

PS- Up to u guys to tell my other half (Helen) how great the Landy Rally is and to make her see what an unmissable experience it is (all part of my plan) i think u lot could be just the spark she needs- thanks in advance guys.

Deano
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Deano - Our thanks from all the Get Lost Crew; you guys in support of Tom and in support of the Landy Rally were a crucial ingredient and for sure you put masses of hours in. Your efforts created our enjoyment. For that we are very grateful.

Re the banter - it was incredible almost 24/7 for 7 days and for most of the time between the same 7 cars; Badger locked onto us through the French forest after Andorra and got a real flavour and a few smiles (and an off route off-road excursion - all for free). I think deep down he wanted to become a member of the Get Lost Crew there and then!

Deano, Stu, Badger, etc - our thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Quote :
I think deep down he wanted to become a member of the Get Lost Crew there and then

same to be said with all of the convoys!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Well said Keith (Evo), couldn't do it without 'em! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three cheers for team 'Get lost'   Three cheers for team 'Get lost' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three cheers for team 'Get lost'
Page 1 of 1