Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pinkys no longer poorly

Go down 
+2
VentureOverland
andybloke
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

pinkys no longer poorly Empty
PostSubject: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:52 am

hmmmm study scratch

not having a fantastic week with pinky this week,
there was a rubbing noise all the way home from abingdon, assumed it was the hand brake,
hand brake was stuck on on wednesday so i couldnt go to mud-club
and today, theres a serious short out some where as the battery is so dead theres not enough power to even turn on the radio
im assuming the alternator but i cant see why as i changed it for the off-road course so it didnt break
i think im gunna need more tools

ITS ALL GOOD FUN

kieran

Last edited by kieran on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 am

kieran wrote:

and today, theres a serious short out some where as the battery is so dead theres not enough power to even turn on the radio

When I last saw Pinky, there was a radio that was turned on all the time, plus a bunch of stuff plugged into the accessory sockets ... and the battery was already flat. That took a day to happen. Are you sure it's not just junk overload and time causing this?
If it was a short, there would be smoke.... and those circuit breakers I fitted would have tripped. :rabbit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:03 am

re the electrics... Id be guessing that youve got a standard lead-acid starter battery and all your lights, and "lite" electrical equipment will have killed the battery.

Thats why there are starter, leisure and dual role batteries!

But the I could be wrong and you could have another small fire!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 am

Yes, Jon, it's a single standard battery. Was slowly run down to nothing at the weekend, so probably has furry plates now.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm

I had a furry plate once, but that's another story!

My money's on another fire. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Tom Mc on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 am

furry plates?

as it turned out ive now been rescued by a nissan micra, brrought some jump leads aswell

i left the heater on as when i did the bulkhead the heater was rewired but not through the ignition so when its on level 1 its so quiet you cant hear it,

im glad its sorted Very Happy

no more fires in pinky, i have a health and safety sign now so that proves i cant have any more fires :suspect: Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:24 am

well i guess the hard way i found out the oil pressure problem,
if you can remember back in 2007 there was a mystery oil pressure prblem with the breathers that went away after a while but then came back early last year and then again at random points in the last 6 months,
i finally took the head off, and it isnt going back on !
to get that 200tdi working again it would need a full rebore of the cylinders and new pistons, aswell as the new headgaskets and seals it would come close on £400 which is what ive just paid for a new engine aswell as £50 for a recon disk braked rear axle, need to also rebuild properly both front hubs
Shocked
when all is done it will sort all the issues out,

anyone know of a series 2a ambulance thats on the road? i need one to convert to a camper so i can stay in some sort of comfort in wales for the summer

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:24 am

Hi Kieran, you don't want much. Not only do you want a Series IIa but an ambulance to the bargin. A 2 1/4 petrol Series IIa is my dream LR I think they really look the part. Headlights in the center and a radiator grill that doubles up as a barbie grill. Canvas hood, dream machine.

Of course it would not replace my Disco just an addition to the LT fleet,
do some quiet green laning and show a few people what a standard old LR is capable of. I'm getting quite moist just thinking about it bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:14 pm

lol! stick a yellow bull bar on it and it'll look the part
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Quote :
I'm getting quite moist just thinking about it
Damn ... you just curdled me Horlicks! No
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Pinky might be recovering slowly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Well the signs are looking a bit more positive.

The bath, kitchen sink and towels are all covered in oily finger prints again .
And when someone suggested its time to lift the engine, there was suddenly a downpour !!

so looks like things are going according to plan lol! lol!

Still no noise yet from the service bay too soon you say - no electrics fitted yet !! And not much smoke yet either .

More progress tomorrow maybe ??
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:38 am

Received a text from Kieran in the early hours:-

"The engine is swapped. Just need to connect it up then I can start on the axles - bloody hard day!"

What, compared to lazing around at Uni? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

Yeh Tom he got up before I went out to work two days running !

He'll never last til the end of the week lol!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Sylvia Johnson wrote:

Still no noise yet from the service bay too soon you say - no electrics fitted yet !! And not much smoke yet either .

we did have a small welding session when putting the new engine in with the battery still attached affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:11 pm

need sleep Shocked

axles wont get done this week, its been royal pain in the*****
apparently a discos bonnet area is shoeter than a 90's area,

i am planning to at least make it to buxton

been living on take outs Shocked

ill report later
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:27 am

Crazy~Johno wrote:
we did have a small welding session when putting the new engine in with the battery still attached affraid affraid affraid

I was a little surprised to get a message at 7am asking how to connect the starter motor... is that because the old woring caught fire?
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:17 am

Unfortunately the drive where Pinky currently resides is very close to Marc's and our bedroom windows and Kieran was up again at 6am banging around on the drive !

So not surprising you had a message early this morning !

Johnson's all got to work early today !! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

i never made it to wales let alone away from the drive, clutch didnt work so we had to take off the gearbox Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad maybe ill make it to buxton tomorrow,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

the wiring was there but not connected and i couldnt remember how to connect it up Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Well Kieran finally made it to Buxton on Saturday evening at about midnight.
With only a few minor problems Very Happy Razz Very Happy
And now the service bay is empty - I bet the neighbours are relieved lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:28 am

imade it there and back, no alternator though,

im sure pinky will rn on fine for a long time now, she most likly wont be at landy rally or many of the shows this year, biggerfish to fry im affraid,
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi there, good to hear you have Pinkie up and running again." Bigger fish to fry" :!: :!: :!: Don't you go neglecting Pinkie now, you will hurt her feelings Sad Sad Sad

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm

bigger fish only in the way that its about twice the size Laughing pinky will still be loved for Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 am

500 miles complete, mission complete i think cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:17 pm

When we collected it the guy did say it was a good engine, even to the extent of saying he wish he had kept it for his Landy! Must be good.

As you say, looks as if you've cracked it mate. Wey hey, we had better have a drink at the weekend to celebrate then. Any excuse eh? drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pinkys no longer poorly   pinkys no longer poorly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pinkys no longer poorly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next