Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

warning - derbyshire

Go down 
+2
LuckyTrucker
Crazy~Johno
6 posters
AuthorMessage

warning - derbyshire Empty
PostSubject: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:24 am

hello,
i was pulled by the police with blues n toos in chesterfield last night in chesterfield because apparently there has been up to 10 land rovers a week stolen and they couldnt tell if i was one or not as the number plate was obsured by the ladder, policeman was very nice had a chat and a laugh
he even seemed very human affraid cheers

simple imobilisation of the engine just wont work he said as the last reported stolen had no battery, they come along with recovery trucks so my advice is get a tracking device and fit it in a hidden place then follow them with police and get your car back.

other than that pinky passed his tooth comb inspection and is driving really well at the moment cheers

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 am

trackers are a good idea, looking for one have seen them for £150 where they are a pager type device where you register your phone and if the vehicle moves then it sends you a text, the one i saw was a battery powered so would probs need adapting. confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Glad to hear pinkie is driving well and passed plods inspection. It is not a case of ACAB. If you don't know what that means, I expect Kieth can explain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Huh! I don't know what Acab means, unless you're talking about Badger's P38 Metrocab that is Razz

Sorry Whoolly'at!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 am

Surely the best sort of tracker would be one similar to the one Tom had for the Rally - the same i beleive as TeamTaff.

i know there is a monthly subscription and stuff but you can get a large discount on insurance if they are fitted.....

A Cab - indeed ;o)
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 am

Nah, too expensive, too good. Think they cost in the region of £350 or thereabouts. There has to be cheaper, more basic versions on the market for folk like Kieran i.e. impoverished students!

I know it's hardly the answer to the problem, especially if they arrive in a low loader with a Hiab crane, but whenever I park up I always fit a steering wheel lock. It's just one of those 'arm types' bought for £5 from a boot sale, but at least it's a further deterrent.

Yep, a tracker is the way to go, until then an immobiliser/alarm/steering or pedal-box device are about the only options.
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Kieran must be forgetting the infallible, undetectable device we already fitted. As soon as anyone (but anyone) fiddles with the electrics Pinky immediately fires off distress flares. Can even send SOS in smoke signals. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 pm

I can just imagine the looks on the thiefs faces if they tried to start Pinky and they set off all the different musical horns and flashing Led's - they'd run a mile!! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Not to mention the fact they would die of asphyxiation within a couple of miles as the customary fires take hold. Kieran of course is completely immune to the acrid smoke produced by smouldering wiring looms, but you can bet the 'tea leaves' wouldn't be.

Definitely think Pinky's safe. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warning - derbyshire   warning - derbyshire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

warning - derbyshire
Page 1 of 1