Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Club events

Go down 
+5
Rally Raiders
Tom Mc
loncbt
Crazy~Johno
andybloke
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Landy Rally Club events Empty
PostSubject: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:41 pm

...anything planned, Tom?

Club booking forms for Manby are available!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

not sure of the dates but there is usually a big weekend up at kirton i think its the second bank holiday weekend, really enjoyed it last year, when i find out the dates ill post them and see whos up for a weekend with some gentle off roading for some and extreme for others bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Eastnor Castle bash Tom????
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:10 am

Hi loncbt clan! Hope you are all well and in fine fettle? Will have to get my act together and start booking Club Display Stands at the shows. Yep, Eastnor Castle will definitely be included. See you there if not before.
Back to top Go down
Rally Raiders

Rally Raiders

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:23 am

Will you guys be at Gaydon? Would love to meet up there. We will be on the TR club stand, but happy to leaflet or help in anyway...

jo
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Billing or Newark ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for the offer Jo, we'll see how it develops. Won't be having a Landy Rally Club display at Gaydon, but I'll definitely be there so will obviously come and say hello.

Billing or Newark? Now there is a conundrum. As we all know, the security at Billing is pants, plus I personally prefer LRM and would want to support them, but there's something about Billing. Trouble is, business-wise so many traders have to be at both, and for many that ain't gonna be possible. Spitting your forces in a good year would be difficult, in 2009 it will be a step too far for many. Me I'm going to see how it pans out in the forthcoming months, but somehow I can see me having to attend both. WHAT A PAIN!!!

... and just to add to my troubles, I've some friends in Malaysia saving up like mad things to attend Billing this year - their FIRST ever time. The show is legendary all around the world, so to them it's their Holy Grail. how the hell am I going to tell them the whole thing's been diluted. Disaster!
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 am

If you'd like to book a club spot at Manby, I'll head over a day early to help out!

Last year was "fun" ... trying to get as many people as possible into the gap behind the chemical toilet guy without being told off for a) not using the campsite, b) inviting people to park next to us during the day and c) refusing to camp more than 2 minutes stagger from the beer tent...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 am

Difference is we walk to the beer tent and stagger back, you stagger both ways! Razz

I'll get on to it ... and thanks for the offer, that would be good.
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Billing   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 am

Tom there is no billing this year! It has been moved to a better venue with better camping and security etc. New location is the
NEWARK SHOWGROUND NOTTINGHAMSHIRE JULY 17-19, 2009

Regards

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 am

You're so behind the times Tony!

Log on to www.4x4calendar.co.uk click on July 2009, scroll down to 17th - 19th.

It's all there in glorious lavendar, B & W. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:59 am

As a follow up to this, I'm still undecided as to which event to attend over that weekend. It really is a dilemma as on one hand you have LRM who are nice people and real enthusiasts moving to Newark (the biggest reason for the move was to get away from the security nightmare that was Billing), and you have LRO which have caused havoc by deciding to run a rival Land Rover show after the LRM Newark Show had been announced. Great!

My preference is LRM Newark, but equally I have to be at LRO Billing! Strewth, I even have friends coming over from Malaysia just to attend Billing!!! Whatever happens, the entire ‘big summer Land Rover show’ is going to be diluted, that’s for sure. And what are the traders going to do - split their forces? Many just can’t, especially in this year of financial restraints. It’s an almighty cock-up!

Me, I’m playing a waiting game, so will decide in due course.

What’s your opinion folks, where shall we have the Landy Rally Club display stand ?????
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:05 am

Tom Mc wrote:
... LRM Newark ...
... LRO Billing ...
What’s your opinion folks, where shall we have the Landy Rally Club display stand ?????

Having checked maps, routes, campsites, travel times, and local cuisine, I have decided that we should have the club stand at Melton Mowbray....
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:20 am

newark sounds good, theres also some good lanes around there so if the shows not enough can go laning for abit Rolling Eyes are they having a off roading section there? or are they going to do the same as billing and charge through the roof for it? affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am

Apparently – "Course and Mud Run under construction 100 metres from the gate". A Mud Run, now there’s a novel idea. Wish I’d thought of that!

As for cost, probably extortionate as per …

When will they learn? No
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:40 am

As for Andybloke, ignore him as he’s off on a tangent – think it’s a new 4 stroke from Nippon!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm

yeah might save it and drive down the A614 towards the A1 (about 5 miles from the ground ish iirc) and do the green mile and some of the other really good lanes round there and save £20 and its not going to kill the engine affraid affraid bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I realise it's similar at all the big LR shows, but is this too high in a recession year such as this?

LRM show:

Camping pitch £20 per night from 2 nights to 5 nights you choose
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights
2 adults & up to 4 children or 3 adults no children

Pre-show camping Monday and Tuesday £10 per night
2 adults & up to 4 children or 3 adults no children

Overnight camping Friday 17 or Saturday 18 in designated one night camping area: pay on the day £25 per pitch, 2 adults & up to 4 children or 3 adults no children
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Quote :
but there's something about Billing

the price?

i dont see how they can run two shows in one weekend like that ?scratch
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:06 am

Crazy I know. How about this then -

LRO Spring Adventure, Driffield, East Yorkshire:

Weekend camping (2 adults/2 children) incl. 2 off-road slots = £85 on the day, £82.50 in advance.

Adult day admission: £12 on the day, £10 in advance.

LRO Show, Peterborough:

Weekend camping (2 adults/2 children) incl. 2 off-road slots = £95 on the day, £92.50 in advance.

Adult day admission: £14 on the day, £12 in advance.

£5 off camping prices if you are a LRO subscriber.

I reckon these prices are well over the top. As for the incentive of booking early, that's just laughable - a measly £5 discount. And what about Peterborough? £14 for day admission ... outragous! They even want £7 for a child ... disgusting! Evil or Very Mad

Methinks they are ripping the arse out of the shows, it's all wrong. No
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am

i bet the £2.50 you save at driffield by booking in advance will be added back on for postage for the tickets Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad your only paying for a tent in a field along with a load of other tents in a field... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Personally, I think we will be going to Newark, as it's nearer to us and we like to try new venues! Also, LRO are still doing both of their other shows as you know (Spring Adventure and Peterborough).

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Rally Raiders

Rally Raiders

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:36 am

We will be at Peterborough. It is our favourite show of the year. Will be on the club stand with the TR's though..so no charge for camping/entry cheers .

Can't the Forum register as a 'club' or something. Park together as a display and just happen to be promoting the LandyRally? Or apply as a charity stand?

I know you have probably all thought of this. So please forgive the newby if I have just trodden on everybodies toes... Embarassed

jo
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Crazy I know. How about this then -

LRO Spring Adventure, Driffield, East Yorkshire:

Weekend camping (2 adults/2 children) incl. 2 off-road slots = £85 on the day, £82.50 in advance.

Adult day admission: £12 on the day, £10 in advance.

LRO Show, Peterborough:

Weekend camping (2 adults/2 children) incl. 2 off-road slots = £95 on the day, £92.50 in advance.

Adult day admission: £14 on the day, £12 in advance.

£5 off camping prices if you are a LRO subscriber.

I reckon these prices are well over the top. As for the incentive of booking early, that's just laughable - a measly £5 discount. And what about Peterborough? £14 for day admission ... outragous! They even want £7 for a child ... disgusting! Evil or Very Mad

Methinks they are ripping the arse out of the shows, it's all wrong. No

Yeah £95 is crazy... Then again, so are the £500+ (£1000+ for Billing) trade stands!! As Tom says, the only people getting rich out of it are the magazines...

If only there were more organisers like Tom and "Barry & Steve" (aka Manby Show)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Actually, well done for prompting me Jo for it is about time I book the Landy Rally Club (Ooooooooo - bet you didn't know that?) into the shows. Priority job for tomorrow methinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club events   Landy Rally Club events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Club events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next