Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Entry form 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:16 pm

hey Tom
When will the enrtryform for LR10 be online?
Please make it soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Are you keen or what? I'll sort it.

BTW, Wayne and I were having a good chat about LR'10 and think we have come up with a simplified Road Book that will appeal to both those in the UK and mainland Europe. News to follow ... cheers

Also booked up today - a totally new Mechanical Support Crew. Besides being a very good mechanic, the guy is also an extremely good 'fixer', the sort of bloke that keeps motors running. Exactly what we want for Landy Rally. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:21 am

Hopefully we will have a few more spare parts than Kieran and James managed to conjure up out of thin air !

But could he have got your Rangie back on the road ?

Last edited by Sylvia Johnson on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:22 am

tom is that right what i can make out,,,,,,,,,you broke your motor,,,,,,,, affraid

so what did you do it in then,,,,,,,, Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:43 pm

That's just the thing mate, nobody at the time seemed to know. Electronics, ECU perhaps???? Rangie just ran out of puff whilst doing 80 mph on a French autoroute. The local garage said it was the head gasket, but if this was the case why was the temperature gauge at normal when it ground to a halt? Weird. The best thing I can do now is get it hauled back to Jean-Luc in Calais for a thorough assessment (he knows his stuff), only then will we know.

By the way his name is Jean-Luc Guyot and he’s the proprietor of Guyot Tout Terrain. You may even know him as he used to race in ARC events in a white, full-bodied Range Rover back in 1998-2002 (approx.) – proabably against you ironically!!! That’s when I first met him over a beer one evening … as you do. Great bloke.

Good question Sylvia. More than likely as he seemed to have a part for every occasion on board this year. Did a fine job, thoroughly deserved his ‘rock’ award.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 am

Tom Mc wrote:
That's just the thing mate, nobody at the time seemed to know. Electronics, ECU perhaps???? Rangie just ran out of puff whilst doing 80 mph on a French autoroute. The local garage said it was the head gasket, but if this was the case why was the temperature gauge at normal when it ground to a halt?

head gaskets don't always fail due to high temperature warping, or drop the coolant into the engine. A tiny gas leak will get worse at an increasing rate, causing a loss of compression in one or more cylinders.
Of course, an airlock could cause rapid overheating and warping in one part of the engine while the gauge remains cool.

Could also be fuel pump or maf sensor if the thing lost power but didn't stop...
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
cadarn

cadarn

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 am

Just to be sure, I'll try to make my own mechanic enthusiast too.
He could come in handy.

@Sylvia:
Did you have another teamname in 2007?
Can't find Silky Roadrunners in the results

Last edited by cadarn on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

[quote="Tom
By the way his name is Jean-Luc Guyot and he’s the proprietor of Guyot Tout Terrain. You may even know him as he used to race in ARC events in a white, full-bodied Range Rover back in 1998-2002 (approx.) – proabably against you ironically!!! That’s when I first met him over a beer one evening … as you do. Great bloke.

yea tom i remember jean -luc,,he started out racing with the AWDC then made his way comping with the ARC at the nats,,if i remember he was with the souther off road club or kent off roaders,,,something like that,,,but i remember seeing him race years ago,allways had a well turned out range rover,,dakar style,,,,,,,,, affraid
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Tom, despite everything that went wrong, you did a marvelous job,
It is realy the best event i have ever entered.
I will advertise it so too Very Happy
Realy looking forward to next year
If you like, I'm willing to come over to you, to look at the roadbooks, guess you don't need a dutch copy.
But all the same, the roadbook made the adventure even greater
Would that Mecanic be Jean Luc? ( always gambling)
Cheers mate
Keep on the good work
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:10 pm

Quote :
Did you have another teamname in 2007?
Can't find Silky Roadrunners in the results

2007, Keith and I were part of the original "Team Monstar" along with our two sons Marc and Kieran. All four of us set off to do the Rally in Kieran's 90 "Pinky" in aid of a local Charity " Wish upon a Star". We had a great time - broke down in Switzerland on the Sunday night and were rescued by Tom, Rafe, Badger and Laura. Tom and Keith set out to buy some EP90 and ended up getting a birthday cake for Lu. WE finally rolled into Aosta at 3.30am and the bar was still open with a welcoming party waiting for us. That made the Rally for us. When we arrived at Cafe de Paris having had such a brilliant time, we decided we wanted to do it again and Kieran decided to "Evict" us from Team Monstar as it was crowded with 4 of us in there. So Lenny arrived on the scene along with the new team name.

2008 saw us with loads of space and "No roofbox" set off as "The Sylki Roadrunners" for what turned out to be an interesting Rally .
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Still working on it ... patience everyone.

Think I shall start a new thread - Register your interest for Landy Rally 2010 in the General Chat section; should prove interesting reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Entry form 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry form 2010   Entry form 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entry form 2010
Page 1 of 1