Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:57 pm

meet Flo,
she has earn't a repectable personality, a tax exempt series 2 A, disk braked, V8 3.5 LT 77 gearbox, camper coverted, lpg converted. well thats the plan Laughing currently half way through the engine rebuild, she is mostly camper converted already all thanks to james!!!
take a look and see the potential!!...
Flo P1080010
Flo P1080011
Flo P1080012
Flo P1080013
Flo P1080014
look out for the walnut dash Very Happy who needs a range rover
Flo P1080015
james fitting the walnut dash
Flo P1080016
Flo P1080017

enjoy,
we sure have

kieran and james
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:21 pm

"walnut dash" lol!

Just as well you have disk brakes, remember what happened the last time a Series Landy tackled the Alps!

Looking good lads - sink (not that students will ever use it) - cooker, beds, a real passion wagon. Matter of interest, where are you going to locate the LPG tank/s?
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 am

on the front bumper? Laughing

not sure yet,
we are planning to put a dohnut tank and two torpedos in
going to brave the cold today and take off on of those cruddy drum axles that has only one use ( scrap )

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Looking good lads - sink (not that students will ever use it) - cooker, beds, a real passion wagon.

kieran and james in their passion wagon....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:50 am

just looked and discovred that they will fit under the whell arches cheers
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:06 am

Just looking at your photos. Whose trying to be the firestarter now ?

Seriously she's starting to take shape quite nicely. (I've only ever seen the inside photos before)
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 pm

haha we learnt the value of testing before fully welding today, all measured up from a differant series axle our new axle ready to be fitted...wrong angle the diff was pointing down, 30 degrees off No but not a problem we wipped in off litrally in ten mins,
we will have to make some wedges in the morning and weld them into place to alter the angle, never mind Laughing moving fowards once again Laughing
Flo P1090010
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 pm

See that ol' brazier in the corner is working overtime. Great to have a garage like that, impossible without.
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:08 pm

rear axle now painted and adjusted to fit supporting new calipers and disks,
defender styles side lights/indicaters are fitted and the headlights are getting closer to be working, normally would be easy but squaddies have been let loose on it before ...
tomorroe axle will be fitted and old front axle removed aswell as used as a template

kieran
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 pm

i like that,,,,good work chaps,,,,,,
started on mine this weekend,,,,,,well we decided we need a bigger beer fridge in the garage,,,,,, Cool Cool Cool Cool

Flo 101bottles
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Gib registration eh Tuggy. Bought here or there?

All in all the Landy Rally Camper Club's coming along nicely. Sorry Keith, you'll have to fit 4WD on the Chevy to be eligible - although it has got a V8. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm

nice one Laughing thats where pinky fits in ... AKA mobile bar Laughing

any more pics of it?
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 pm

[quote="Tom Mc"]Gib registration eh Tuggy. Bought here or there?

here,,,you plonk,,,,,,,,,,gib,,,,,cost me 500 quid,,,,,blokys got no shirt now,,,,,, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Tuggy

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:12 pm

guys that ambi is going to look the dogs when its finnished,,,there is one out here with a 200 tdi in it,,,and my mate in london has got an immaculate ser 2 ambi,,,,,there so useable ,,,love em,,,,,,cant wait to see it finnished,,,,, Cool

tom hows yours coming on,,,,,pics,,, affraid ,
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:52 pm

It's not. While you've been basking in the winter sunshine, we’ve been freezing over here with whiteouts and minus temperatures, so not much has happened for a while. Global warming? I don’t think so. No

Things should start moving now though. It’s about to have LPG fitted with FOUR torpedo tanks for the Pyrenees (can’t get LPG in the North of Spain) then it should be ready for an MOT.

Exterior wise it won't change for a bit anyway, that is until I can afford to have it done properly with a good re-spray and graphics. At present it still looks like an old, knackered 70's ambulance, complete with tree sap and meldew. Rather it stays exactly like that than hand paint it or a poor re-spray ... as it is it's got 'character'.
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

the new mirrors are now fitted ( yes defender ones Twisted Evil )
head lights ae fitted as are the all important flashing led's
the bottom end of the v8 is back togather and the front axle is almost ready
for sure we wont be in a slow series 2a with crappy brakes that over heat ! affraid
its still got the smooth lines and classic look aswell as a classic growl from a v8 thats the same age as it, but just alittle more comfy ( to drive ) and more practical
hopefully the arrival of a auto box this weekend will help get us on the road Laughing

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 am

its been a pretty epic few days, the radator is now fitted, ( came a littller further forward than expected Laughing pics the follow.
weve been working in heavy rain, blizards and strong wind, great stuff Twisted Evil
my hands are red raw, and black
but the custom exaust is done which i cant wait to hear and one of the reasons for toms blue rangies death has been uncovered, " they said its tuning over slowly " we said starter motor, having done the clever thing of leaving a good starter motor on an engine we sold we had to raid the blue rangie sat in the car park for a few bits, and fitted them all only to find the starter moter turned the v8 over very slowly hhmmmm scratch
thanks to tom suggesting some plumbing tricks the oil filter is now fitted.
abit more welding, and a few more electrics and hopefully we will have noise,
to date have only upset the neighbours grandad so not bad lol!

we have to say a big thanks to tom for the help, incredible ideas, towing the ambulance to mansfield and moral support he offered last week,

cheers

kieran
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 pm

the good news, the v8 is roaring, sounds ace,
the bad news, no oil flow, so we have got to take off the pump an re prime it.
the auto box is all plumbed in ( cheers tom ) and the radiator with its interesting pipework is in, the fuel just needs a return pipe fitting
and pinky's bonnet will be donated for the mac and mot on wednesday now instead of tomorow due to the fact we still have no prop affraid

when flo is on the road pinky will be coming off the road for its well over waited re-build

anyone have a good defender bonnet to donate?
cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:45 pm

There are some for sale over here. Do you want me to get one? Whats you max price?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Taking it on the MAC Challenge this coming weekend? You're barking mad ... nothing new there then.

GOOD LUCK FOR WEDNESDAY'S MOT.
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

down to the wire i would say,
we have acheived a propshaft from wilsons in nottingham
the engine still isnt running properly, the brakes are almost there as is the welding, and the iterior, we havnt started on the elctrics yet, at least we have a day

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

its official, flo is flowed out, we are going in a 110, which we spent today making adjustments, using fiesta roof bars and a welder we made a smart looking roof bar and inside we fitted beds and storage sytems, and also my mud plugger tyres to the bottom it certainly looks a differant beast now

the nail in the coffing for flo was discovering the time cog had worked loose and disturbed the timing cover and basically endd up with water in the oil, it simply took too long to repair Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Shame lads, I feel for you. All that work! No

On the plus side, the entire project has moved on a tremendous amount since the New Year, so much so that Flo will be on the road and looking good when the shows start up in earnest in Easter.

You never know, it may even be 'Landy Rally ready' by September - or is that pushing the boundries too far? Still far in advance of mine though, you've done really well to get this far. Hope you go out and win the MAcC in the Yellow Peril ... go for it!
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

haha, ive only just finnished the stickers, i still need to do my washing and we set off at 7 in themorning, the road runners are already there

oh well

cheers tom,

kieran
Back to top Go down

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:38 pm

just finnished packing at 2.37 am,
up and driving by 6, i think the only chance of waking up is sleeping in the 110 outside james house Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flo   Flo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Your Wheels-
Jump to: