Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

so its true then marc this is your driving style

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

so its true then marc this is your driving style Empty
PostSubject: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:28 am

i couldnt help but Laugh alot when i saw this knowing marcs habbit of nose diving, this isnt somthing ive made ive copied it from another forum
who knows maybe its real ...
so its true then marc this is your driving style DSCN2130
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm

mm, that's a lttle steeper and deeper as the hole in Sibbertoft
Nice pic
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
chrisandhislandy

chrisandhislandy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Photoshop much lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.customkontrollerz.co.nr
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Geronimo o o o o
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 am

there was a guy name Mat who made that little art work for me (muddyfrontera by any chance there kieran??), basically at an off road site i went up from the road onto the site driving along side another frontera and i went straight down a 4ft bomb hole and then had to have some recovery...

so its true then marc this is your driving style N855025173_6832172_8116333

so its true then marc this is your driving style N855025173_6832174_2778411
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 am

Not as steep as Sibbertoft then ?
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:39 pm

This lookes quite normal to me. In the winchevents, they make a habbit of crossing those ditches in this way. Backing out is no option then, on your winch you have to go forward. Last year in Belgium I've experienced the worst till now.Scared the hell out of me before starting. We had to make a decent for 20 meters with a decentpercentage of 80. Decending on our own rearwinch. Eventough for safety we were supported by a rope slung around a tree, holded by one man, it was frightening. Before our start i already witnessed some winchropes breaking. Didn't look nice: falling down some meters before ropeman catched you, and to be honest, didn't trust that rope either. Made it afterall, with my pants barely clean.
Don't have any pics of it, too bad
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 pm

no not as steep it was the doing 10mph at the time and only having 2 wheels on the ground, end result one of the planet gears in the diff got obliterated
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I see, 10 mph, is a little fast for such a ditch
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 pm

yes indeed, i had walked up the site and made a careful note to stay away from the bomb hole and thougght it was further up the site than that so went straight into it, the guy in the blue frontera thought it was ace as watching a frontera with only 2 wheels on the ground then on an angle like this / to like this \ ah well all part of the fun i guess??
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

A Range Rover would have got through there - well, a bobtail Rangie with 35" tyres and portal axles. Smile
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:53 am

Even a disco gets through ( same specs)
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

yeah no one got through there not even this one:

so its true then marc this is your driving style N855025173_6832809_2761655

and they are 35" tyres and has full set of locking diffs as well as crawler gears
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 am

Well that's when a winch comes in handy
and maybe an anchor
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm

yes indeed a way past my budget though pale pale
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Now that's some evil slime. It was just like that in Russia where I went for a little play a few years back, a lot of swamps that just sucked you down. Interestingly I was in a 130 like Jaap's, but even with larger tyres than his (well, taller anyway), it was still impassable in places. Higher tyres are a waste of space as like in the photo, it was bottomless.

We didn't have a winch on board and the vehicle in our convoy that did couldn't reach us, so we built our own 50ft/15m long road out of the millions of silver birch trees that infest the forest (some folk say they are 'weeds' of the tree world). Tiring but great fun! We did the locals a favour as it happens for they pass that way from village to village. How they do is a mystery however, but there were definite tyre tracks.

One day I would like to return, but with some VERY wide tyres and winches and back. Maybe after our Africa trip chaps? Now there's an idea. cheers
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

must be affordable ones on the second hand market?
if you don't use it often even a chinese make can be usefull
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:44 pm

True. I've decided that for the camper I shall have a winch attachment front and read, and carry a portable winch on board actually IN the vehicle under the seats/bed. That way it is secure at all times. Or I may just carry a Tirfor for the odd time I may need a winch (very rare). Depends on money as usual, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

yes it was deep deep mud, its at the same site my dad sank lenny and where kieran nearly killed pinky not long after he got it before it had a snorkel

Do they make portable winches that powerful?dont they say at least 1.2 times the weight of the vehicle for the winch pulling power?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Well you're half right as most portable winch systems are around 2,000 lb straight line pull. However, I know of one which is 9,500 lbs - probably enough especially if you can pull the vehicle backwards rather than deeper in the poo! Add a snatch block for a double line pull and it'll definitely do the job.

It's called the Porta-Pull2 9500lb 12v Winch System. Granted it costs almost £500, but then again once bought it is far more secure than most winches (hidden in the vehicle out of sight), plus has the added benefit of being able to be swapped between vehicles (if you own a couple of 4x4's) plus you retain it whenever you sell/buy a new vehicle.

Expensive? Maybe, but if ever I buy an electric winch (never have so far) for the odd time I will need it, my purchase will quite literally last a lifetime ... well, my lifetime anyway! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm

yeah thats the only problem with winches if you dont do trials/winch challenges you just spend all day pulling everyone else out scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Beats the rest of us spending all day pulling a Frontera out ! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Recovering vehicles is just fun,
Most times i am at an offroad ground, after 2 rounds driving I only drive around to find stuck cars
Best ones are in the middle of the water. Owner can come to me to get the rope or winchcable. just fun
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Kieran just loves rescuing stuck vehicles. It was great fun in Wales when it snowed and snowed and ................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so its true then marc this is your driving style   so its true then marc this is your driving style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so its true then marc this is your driving style
Page 1 of 1