Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My web site is now up and running

Go down 
+3
Tom Mc
cadarn
Rickyd
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickyd

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-01-11

My web site is now up and running Empty
PostSubject: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

After a lot of hard work and hair pulling when you hit the wrong button and delete your work. My web site is now up and running and a just giving site will be up nearer the time.
www.littlezukeinabigworld.co.uk
Give me your feed back guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlezukeinabigworld.co.uk
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Richard.
Site looks pretty nice for a first time.
One little point: I'm working on a 15 inch 16:9 laptopscreen. This means I can't see the whole page in one. Have to scroll from right to left and reverse. When building site's always remeber not everybody has the newest screens or fastest connection.
Your SJ looks pretty nice, for an old car looks almost new Very Happy
See you in Maastricht
Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Good one, and a far better job than I could ever achieve. Shame it's ruined by the photo of that scary-looking bloke perched on top of that building! Very Happy

Had to laugh at Sam's résumé. While you have a potted history about your life and motoring history, Sam's highlights comprise ...

CO-DRIVER

My name is Sam. I live down on the south coast in the Hayling Islands.

Obviously a woman of few words. Strewth, the Zuke got more of a mention!! Opps, probably dropped you in it, best I zip it before I dig an even deeper hole. silent
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Forgot to say, gotta agree with Cardan, for its age that's a tidy SJ!
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Would you please pronounce my name correctly after a year? It's CADARN Wink
Cardan you find in the car, Cadarn means: the mighty
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Tee hee hee - so if a cardan can be found in a car, what is it?
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Ok point for you
Underneath the car
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:31 pm

You're a propshaft ... or a radius arm ... or an exhaust pipe?

Help me out folks, I'm trying to think of things that are long and skinny! Razz
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Here it is a propshaft
Sorry thought it was an English name.
Apperently not
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I will remember now. Must write out a hundred times -

I have two cardans on my Rangie and Cadarn drives a Dutch Barge.

I wish I had a PC when I was at school, writing lines would have been so much easier. cheers
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:24 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Good one, and a far better job than I could ever achieve. Shame it's ruined by the photo of that scary-looking bloke perched on top of that building! Very Happy

Had to laugh at Sam's résumé. While you have a potted history about your life and motoring history, Sam's highlights comprise ...

CO-DRIVER

My name is Sam. I live down on the south coast in the Hayling Islands.

Obviously a woman of few words. Strewth, the Zuke got more of a mention!! Opps, probably dropped you in it, best I zip it before I dig an even deeper hole. silent

That is because even though ive known her many years we live about 130 miles away from each other. Only chat online and ive only ever met her twice in person. Will be a laugh to see how we get on together for 9 days lol. I am waiting for her to email me more about her so i can copy and paste it on. Glad you all like the sight im sure it will get updated more and more closer the time.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 pm

9 days in extremely close proximity, that's brave ... on both your parts! The Zuke is not much bigger than a tin of pilchards!!! affraid

My advice Ricky is to change your socks every day instead of every week/month, and adopt the "team spray" system, guaranteed to create a harmonious ambience within the miniscule confined space that is the interior of an SJ.

That's a point, if you have a female as a co-pilot, what with all her toiletries/suitcases/shoes/handbag with kitchen sink 'an all, you won't have room for the map wallet, let along a holdall for your gear. Razz

I think Sam ought to come on here and explain all. Now there's a challenge!
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 am

Ricky - like your website and you definately picked the best picture from 2009 - Lenny at Val D'Isere. See you in September if not before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:07 am

Noticed that - Lenny rolling up the hill - but didn't want to you to gloat ... too late!

It is great photo though, wonder who snapped that?
Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Sorry i hope you dont mind me pinching the pic before asking. Now i am getting worried. I forgot about how much women pack for holidays. I can see my back seats being removed just to fit everything in. At least the weight might make it go faster. Just went out for a drive today and couldnt get above 50mph. Something is wrong somewhere
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:08 pm

No problem with the photo, it's for a team website so that's okay.

50 mph max. eh? Reckon an engine transplant is in order - I know of a 3.9 V8 out of a Range Rover going spare. Twisted Evil

Seriously, you could always slot in a 1600 Vitara lump, providing of course you uprate the radiator, brakes, suspension, tyres, wheels ...

On second thoughts, best get the ol' girl tuned - the SJ, not Sam!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:59 am

What do you mean its alright - thats valuable Lenny royalties your talking about lol! We charge almost as much as ex-prime miniters for appearances now. However as you can't get about 50mph we'll let you off as thats about top speed for Lenny most of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am

Keith Johnson wrote:
What do you mean its alright - thats valuable Lenny royalties your talking about lol! We charge almost as much as ex-prime miniters for appearances now. However as you can't get about 50mph we'll let you off as thats about top speed for Lenny most of the time.

Ill follow you then lol!
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm

iff things get really bad, just call me: I'll tow you up the mountain
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo ... bitch! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 am

Quote :
Now i am getting worried. I forgot about how much women pack for holidays.

I remember my first Landy Rally 4 of us to get into Pinky (Kieran's 90). There where lots of discussions as to what to take and how much luggage to take. So Kieran limited us to one bag each

You have to remember that you are driving 3000 miles in a short length of time so you are gonna spend most of your time sat in your vehicle.

All meet ups and meals including the presentation meal etc its either teamwear or orangewear so nothing fancy. Unless its your your fancy dress
So apart from some clean underwear, teashirts, spare trousers shorts(can get warm in the pyrennes)maybe swimwear as there was a pool at one of the campsites and a towel there's not much else to pack.....
You might need a waterproof coat and fleece as it can get pretty cold in the mountains (we had to scrape the ice off the tent at Val d'Isere last year)

Well it surprised me how little you actually need for 9 days !

lol! lol! lol!

Almost forgot - Men you DO need to take some clean socks with you affraid affraid

Last edited by Sylvia Johnson on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Spot on Sylvia, but after six previous Landy Rally routes (incl. reconnoitres) I still took too much last time!

Trouble is, the day I don't take a particular item, it will be needed - sod's law. No
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Glad I drive a 130CC. Can take anything I don't need. And will do again. All different spareparts, generator, chainsaw, groundanchor; whatever seems usefull lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:45 pm

chainsaw?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My web site is now up and running   My web site is now up and running Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My web site is now up and running
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next