Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our charity: the BSA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Our charity: the BSA Empty
PostSubject: Our charity: the BSA   Our charity: the BSA Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 9:40 am

I thought I'd drop a quick note about our charity efforts. We're collecting for the British Stammering Association - it's only a small charity, but they provide excellent support, advice and resources for people who stammer. They also run awareness raising campaigns and conferences. You can find out more about stammering (a.k.a. stuttering) on their website: www.stammering.org I felt I'd like to give something back to them as I often use their leaflets with children I treat and their families (I'm a speech and language therapist), as well as with Health Visitors etc. Yes, Tweedie didn't really get much of a choice choosing the charity!, but he's supporting it all the way.

The BSA been really helpful in helping us set things up for the Rally. We're collecting using sponsorship forms (about £300 so far Cool ) and on justgiving, which I've just set up: www.justgiving.com/teamtnt I know Just Giving get some bad press because they take 5%, but we're using it mainly for friends around the country and abroad, and who we went to school etc, with and are less likely to bump into, as it means we can reach out further. If gift aid is factored in, it usually works out ok.

How is everybody else getting on with their fundraising?

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: !   Our charity: the BSA Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:35 pm

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

That's brilliant, good effort!

I have little time for fundraising personally, but I've just added more to my existing commitments, which also now includes, the Cutty Sark.

Good luck with yours!
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Our charity: the BSA   Our charity: the BSA Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Yes, what a worthy cause. It looked so sad following the fire. I'm glad a number of major items were in storage at the time and so not all was lost, but it is going to take a lot to rebuild I would imagine.

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our charity: the BSA   Our charity: the BSA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our charity: the BSA
Page 1 of 1