Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've made the local paper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickyd

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-01-11

I've made the local paper Empty
PostSubject: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:55 am

I've made the local paper Img196
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlezukeinabigworld.co.uk
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:04 pm

I do hope you will join us in Holland on the Saturday morning and not Sunday ! Seriously though its a good write up !
Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm

You noticed that mistake lol! Not sure what calendar she was looking at to get sunday the 11th
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Next year's calendar - 11th Sept falls on a Sunday!

Nice one Ricky, let's hope you get a decent response from it. cheers
Back to top Go down
andy-lightweight

andy-lightweight

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: famous   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:11 pm

me too, me too, me too, lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

we too are in the local paper,

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/northallerton/8334208.Father_and_son_s_charity_Land_Rover_challenge/

if i sign yours you can sign mine, paper that is.

now you can say, look i knew him when he had nout............................and he still has nout. Laughing

there is a picture somewhere, i didnt post it, it makes my bum look big, the camera always lies.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:16 pm

very good Very Happy

Would have been nice to see the photo too though. We are both famous now.

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

"Landy Charity Drive" ... excuse me, don't think so? The paper's picked up all the details like the vehicle being an "Air Portable" and it's in "Land Rover Bronze Green", yet they can't get the name of the event right!

Mr Myers Jr said: "It’s a bit of a jolly but the stipulation is you must raise funds for charity. Every day we will be given a road map and they say we will meet you at that campsite tonight. It’s very tongue in cheek. We start from Yorkshire, go through France, through Belgium into Holland, take a rough line towards Italy and drop in every country we can - Germany, Belgium, Swiss Alps, Italian Alps and the Stelvio Pass with its 48 hairpin bends.

What ... "take a rough line" ... rough line???!!! affraid I'll have you know Myers Jr that a lot of loving care and attention went into the making of the Road Book, just for you to say "a rough line." Mad

Nah, it's okay. All publicity is good publicity. Like I said to Ricky, hope you get some good feedback from it. Nice one! cheers

Back to top Go down
Rickyd

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 2:45 am

Tom Mc wrote:
" All publicity is good publicity. Like I said to Ricky, hope you get some good feedback from it. Nice one! cheers

Upto yet i have had no response from the newspaper article Sad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:11 am

Not even an echo? Sorry!

Dosen't surprise me to be honest, have to remember 4x4's aren't exactly flavour of the month these days. That's life.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:41 am

Thing is everyone will say they've seen your photo in the paper but can't remember why ?
Back to top Go down
andy-lightweight

andy-lightweight

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 am

ok ok ooook cheers

teddys back in the pram, i cant help it if they use poetic lisence, Shocked

it certainly got the message across, had loads of people ask and mention about it,

small place northallerton, cant fart without some one hearing the "echo", sorry, bounce

and, and to cap it all it is in the darlington and stockton times this week, Rolling Eyes

drunken thats it i am going for a lay down in a dark room with a flanel over my head.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Fame ... can't take the pressure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've made the local paper   I've made the local paper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've made the local paper
Page 1 of 1