Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G'Day from Down Under

Go down 
+4
loncbt
Tom Mc
Rickyd
VentureOverland
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

G'Day from Down Under Empty
PostSubject: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 am

G'Day to all!

Im sure there are many people on here I dont know (newcomers to the LandyRally fold), but I know also there are lots of great people who I have got to know very well over recent years.

I was thinking last night that its almost Landy Rally time again, which got me thinking that its very nearly a year since we left the UK for a 3 month trip to Australia. 12 months later we are still here!

Thought Id log on to wish all well for this years Rally - I sincerely wish I could be part of it again.

For those that are interested I can wholly vouch for Australia as a Land Rover owner's paradise! Below are a few photos of a few of our trips over the past year.

Alice Springs - River Todd
G'Day from Down Under 1

Camping in the Bush
G'Day from Down Under 2

Ayres Rock - Need I say more!
G'Day from Down Under 3

Earnest Giles Road - 7km of this, for the most part water upto the sills!
G'Day from Down Under 4

Flinders Ranges
G'Day from Down Under 5
G'Day from Down Under 6

Lake Eyre
G'Day from Down Under 7

Painted Desert
G'Day from Down Under 8
G'Day from Down Under 9

Ourimbagh Fire Trails
G'Day from Down Under 10

Hope everything goes well for you all.

Regards
Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Rickyd

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 am

nice photo's
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlezukeinabigworld.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 am

Hi Jon, great to hear from you. Sounds as if all in the garden is rosey. Good on yer mate!

The ol' wagon seems to be in fine fettle too? My advice is don't come back ... well at least not until I can afford to get over there for a break. Where are you exactly? Adelaide I assume as you've joined the local Land Rover Club. That 13,000km trip of yours sounds awesome, but you still can't beat our 11 countries in 9 days - or 10 countries in 10 days if you believe Land Rover World magazine! Delighted you and the family are doing okay, say hello for me.
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Fair play m8. that looks awesome.

I'm looking at re-locating to Aus, and hopefully i'll be doing some of that there offroading kinda stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm

That's be good. Hopefully you'll end up in Adelaide and join the Land Rover club, after all ... they gotta have something to throw rocks at! G'Day from Down Under Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Awesome   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 am

Photos look fabulous Jon - wish i could be there and drive some of those tracks with you.

When i was a young man I was in Australia for a year and did the western loop from sydney - canberra - melbourne - Adelaide - ALice SPrings - Darwin - - Mt. ISa - Cairns and then down through Brisbane to Sydney. I then fille din the inside of NSW through Orange Dubbo and out to Broken Hill..

In a 1972 Ford Falcon station wagon! so i had to stay on the tarmac / dust roads and not to venture off road at all.

WOuld love to go back and do some real adventuring....

Are you in Adelaide? or just playing with the Adelaide boys!

Love to you all
Badger & Dr. Evil (Mark & Laura)
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:01 am

Badger wrote:
Are you in Adelaide? or just playing with the Adelaide boys!
Oo err! G'Day from Down Under Affraid
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:18 am

Hi Badger, say hi to Dr Evil for me!

Sounds like you had a good long trip whilst you where here.

For the most part we are based in Sydney (near enough), but play with the Adelaide boys for the bigger trips - they seem to be well preparred and busy with different places to go and see.

Would be good to see you if you make it over here again.

I still think a uk landy parade on Bondi one Christmas would be ace. You and Tom could be 1 & 2, kierren no 3... And so on... Throw another shrimp on the barbie mate!

J
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
roamingman

roamingman

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 am

does sound a like a good idea xmas on bondi beach, would relly need to start saveing, cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddybearspicnic.webs.com
er1c

er1c

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: WOW   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:27 am

Those pics look great...

You had your landy shipped there? What did you do with all your UK stuff/house base etc as you decided to extend ?

Do you think you will ever come back ?
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Excellent pix Jon. Looks ace!

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:09 am

only just seen these pics,
WOW
looks amazing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'Day from Down Under   G'Day from Down Under Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G'Day from Down Under
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: General Chit Chat-