Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Empty
PostSubject: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 am

As with everything Landy Rally, it's a bit last minute, but here it is!

The official Landy Rally 2010 itinerary is now on the website, use the address http://www.landyrally.com/?t=Itinerary if you want to place the link on your own website.

Also, if you want to follow the event from home in realtime, on Saturday morning Cadarn's GPS tracker will be turned on and available at http://www.3arc.com/LandyRally

• Fri 10 Sept – Teams start arriving. Scrutineering, rally paperwork to sort out. Party in evening.
  • Sat 11 Sept - Day 1: Official start in Valkenburg, Holland. Main roads, motorways. Six countries on the first day. Camping in Feldkirch, Austria where we’ll meet up with some local off-roaders for a little drink or three and a BYO (bring your own) BBQ!
  • Sun 12 Sept - Day 2: Main roads, three more countries, three mountain passes including the incredible Stevio Pass in Italy with its 60+ hairpins. Camping by Lake Como, Italy.
  • Mon 13 Sept - Day 3: A misty 40 mile lakeside drive early morning as the sun comes up, then boring motorway to make up time (well, maybe not so boring as you’ll be competing for space with mad Italian drivers!!!!!!!!), BBQ and off-roading at the largest/highest/most beautiful off-road centres in Europe - Val d’Isére. Camping in Val d’Isére village.
  • Tues 14 Sept - Day 4: Mountain roads, main roads, motorways, camping at a beach resort on the Mediterranean - a first for Landy Rally!
  • Wed 15 Sept - Day 5: Mountain roads and passes, main roads, shopping in the tax-free haven of Andorra (another completely new location), a glorious off-road driving route down into Spain, camping in the Catalan Pyrénées.
  • Thurs 16 Sept - Day 6: Main roads, Spanish greenlanes, camping in west of the Pyrénées with organised dinner.
  • Fri 17 Sept - Day 7: Driving the semi-arid desert region in Navarra that seasoned LandyRalliers call the ‘dustbowl’ - there is so much more to see and drive in there, it’s an incredible area. Camping in the North Western Pyrénées in France.
  • Sat 18 Sept - Day 8: Main roads, BYO BBQ and half-day driving with French off-roaders in the Dordogne.
  • Sun 19 Sept - Day 9: Main roads, motorways. One hour less drive than LR`09, but still a long boring drive up to Calais – NO CHOICE! The lure of the prize-giving dinner at the Café de Paris keeps you going. Finish!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

To my regrets the tracker wasn't runing till 18.00 sat. As I've heard from the family, it's been on air all rally and gave a lot of joy. Thank the sponsor for this nice toy in my name please
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:04 pm

As it happens, I just posted it back to the sponsor 3ARC today ... and it's still switched on!!!!

At this very moment it is in at Royal Mail depot at Leicester Forest East. Due southwest is the town of Nuneaton where posted it this afternoon, and southwest of that is where I live - Bedworth.

It would be funny if Royal Mail told me tomorrow they had lost the package, for I could tell them exactly where it is! Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_smile

Have a look at the road map www.3arc.com/LandyRally and you will see exactly where in the country it is now, then switch to Aerial and zoom in and you'll see all the red Post Office vans parked outside!

Isn't technology wonderful?!!! Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm

FUN,
It's ready to be loaded in a truck it seems.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

It updates every 5 minutes, so think I will maintain a vigil all night to see when it starts moving south to Hertfordshire. Lucky I have my little 4.5 litres of Wyborowa vodka to keep me company. Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_wink

Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! P1060510
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

MM, sounds good Tom, just enjoying some very cheap (LUCKY)whisky
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Lucky for you! Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!   Official Itinerary and Live Tracking! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Itinerary and Live Tracking!
Page 1 of 1