Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Empty
PostSubject: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 pm

Just to let you all know that later today I'm off on the second reconnoitre to finalise the Landy Rally route/campsites/etc. so bear in mind I won’t be around until 25th June onwards.

Guess you’ll just have to cope without my cutting-edge humour and witty repartee until then Wink
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 am

Cheers tom, all the best,

Mark
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:31 am

Bon Voyage oh mighty leader!!

Have a safe trip mate, chat to you when you come back.

Just think of all the posts you'll have to catch up with!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:06 am

Thanks gents. Just think of all that wine available en route ... eh Mark!!! Rolling Eyes

Must get a couple of hours kip at some point today as just done 'a ghoster' completing the Road Book ... to date that is. A lot more work to be done on it yet both on the recce and when I return. See you anon folks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:19 am

good luck, beware of the french
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:32 am

On his return, there is a definate story to tell by Tom on his experiences with handlebar moustache French men!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:06 pm

Captain Chaos

I'm glad you're around to give all Tom's secrets away! (or prompt him to do so!) I love the stories.

Lu :bom:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:12 am

Cap'n, pirat
Just a thought, as i understad you may not be able to join us, are you able to publish a list of storys we can remind Tom to tell us around the fire? sort of like a contents or index, so we can pull it out and say, "Tom, tell us about the time that....." That we, we can't miss out!!

I do love storys! cheers
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:58 am

I'll see what I can do for you guys!
I probably not make it as i'm booked on a european banger rally 14th- 18th Sept, but hoping to drive back and meet up at Cafe de Paris on the Friday night, for a bit of light refreshment!!!! and early morning campsite departing!!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:19 am

Excellent stuff, thanks for that!
Be nice to see you then, i'm sure Tom will be telling us lots of storys about you as well!!

Is there a campsite or a good hotel you can reccomend near to cafe de paris?
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:03 am

Yes theres a good basic campsite within walking distance, next to the port, I think Tom still has to selttle up for last year though!!! So don't say that you know him lol!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 am

Excellent, thanks for that, although i think for the first night we might opt for a B+B as a last bit of luxury before the week in the tent!!
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:27 am

Try the "etap" Hotel Calais, budget Hotel but ok. On a enterprise type park,5 mins or so from Calais, no bar but there is an all nighter just opposite, but the rooms there are about £20 more!! They still welcome you in the bar though. I'll be in the etap Thurs 13th if your over early, along with 100 or so other banger boys and girls!!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 am

Nice one, thanks for that. We're planning on coming ovre early on Friday the 14th so probably just miss you sadly!

Thanks for the advice though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June   Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off on the second recce - won't be around until 25th June
Page 1 of 1