Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New round here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Team Shires

Team Shires

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-05

New round here Empty
PostSubject: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Ok im new around here so i thought i had better say a bit about my trucks first up is the Dlander known affectionately as Elvis its had some cover in magazines and been to quite a few shows on stands etc. Based on the North Offroad kit it was the prototype, I finished it (well as much as any landy is finished) about four years ago since then its been to the Alps and up into the Arctic circle through Norway as well as lots of play in the UK

New round here Dlande12

just about to come back over the polar crossing

New round here Imgp1010

My other favorite toy is our 110 Camel Trophy called Barry (dont ask its a long story) Its history is not well documented there were four PVC camels and no one is really sure what they were used for but it is believed that they were probably press, publicity and or selection cars. Its been modified for expedition with water tank, roof ten awning and all the other bits of kit one needs for long haul holidays. We have taken it to France a couple of times and down to Italy. I tend not to play too hard with it as i am trying to keep it in reasonable condition but as you can see from my avatar it still has to do the job!

New round here Img_0010

New round here Camel12

Richard & Tracy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Well we've had a Camel 110 enter before (in 2007) but never a Dlander ... or a Freelander for that matter. How does it fair off-road? With its weight advantage I'd imagine it to be very good.

I gather by the first photo you've had a little play or two in the mud! cheers

Last edited by Tom Mc on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Team Shires

Team Shires

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Well we've had a Camel 110 enter before (in 2007) but nave a Dlander ... or a Freelander for that matter. How does it fair off-road? With its weight advantage I'd imagine it to be very good.

I gather by the first photo you've had a little play or two in the mud! cheers

Yep its gets a lot of use, it has arb's front and back and twin motor 8274 up front, warn 9000 on the back. also has underdrive and 35's so when it gets stuck (which is not very often) it really is stuck. I will bring the Dlander to the christmas bash but will probably do the landy rally in the Camel. It turns the scales at about 1800kg all up so it will sink but not before a well kitted out 90. having siad that watch me sink it in Derby!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Excuse my ignorance - "underdrive"? Could that be the equivilent of the rock crawler gear they fix on on Jeeps?
Back to top Go down
Team Shires

Team Shires

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:01 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Excuse my ignorance - "underdrive"? Could that be the equivilent of the rock crawler gear they fix on on Jeeps?

yep i got it from ashcroft transmissions, useful on hard steep rough ground but useless in the mud lol
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 pm

You made a good choice to take the 110.
We're drivng a 130 (133, check this forum) with a empty weight of 2600 kg.
And, I think some can agree, it doesn't get stuck that easy.
Only troubles i get is it's lenght; chassis on the ground.

I'm curious to your Dlander. Never seen a proper one before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 pm

You will next month! bounce
Back to top Go down
Team Shires

Team Shires

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:22 pm

theres some details about the build on LR4x4 you can find it here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=8475&hl=dlander&st=0

Rich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New round here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New round here   New round here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New round here
Page 1 of 1