Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crunch day on Wednesday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Crunch day on Wednesday Empty
PostSubject: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:33 pm

M.O.T. on Wednesday - HELP! pale

Crunch day on Wednesday Photos14

Crunch day on Wednesday Photos15

300 Tdi mit auto box now fitted, it lives! Question is ... will the authorities let me drive it? Tomorrow I will find out.
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Don't keep us waiting

What's the verdict?????????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Honestly, I haven't heard a thing. Baldrick, the guy in the photo trying to make sense of the wiring, has probably hit the bottle by now so I won't hear anything until tomorrow ... well, he does own a pub! Cheers

Quite likely it will fail anyway. The idea is that you take it along to have it tested, it will fail on x number of items, you go away and fix them, then return within a stated period - I think it is up to 10 days - for no extra charge. So it could be a while yet before it is 100% road legal.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 pm

So what happened? Remember you talking about this years ago!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 pm

As you made it to Billing Tom can we assume it passed with flying colours ?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 pm

No money Smego or it would have been on the road a lot sooner. That's life, the roof over yer head always takes priority.
Sorry, forgot to post on here. Yep ... it passed!!!!!!! clapping clapping clapping

The 300 Tdi and auto gearbox combination pulls like a train - 80mph cruising speed and still it kicks down - it's smooth on the road, amazingly it doesn't roll too much (despite having only single shocks all around - I will be fitting doubles on the rear plus heavy duty springs all 'round), and the power steering is a dream. All in all it's a winner.

Next step will be to start fitting it out as a camper - another two years? Hopefully not! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crunch day on Wednesday   Crunch day on Wednesday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crunch day on Wednesday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Random stuff-
Jump to: