Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sparks will fly

Go down 
+3
fishmac
CarpeDiem
Sparky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 10:45 am

Hi guys, I am Andy or Sparky from Sparks will fly, to be supported by my wonderful (I had to say that) co-driver (I had to say that as well, she is really my wife) Mandy.
We are fairly new to Landy's and I am in the process of trying to put together/ build up, an expedition style TD5 so we can join in with the loons in Camel adventures in the future. cheers
Back to top Go down

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am

helly,
welcome to landy rally,
good luck with the expedition vehicle building
kieran
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Cheers Kieran,

Can report it is coming along slowly. Going for a little trial to Driffield in a couple of weeks (See you there Tom). Space is going to be the issue. You see I haven't been completely honest with Mandy and she is asking where she is going to put all the things needed for a luxourious all expenses beach holiday, caberet every night and a different outfit for each part of it. Not forgetting the hoard of items she intends to buy in the designer outlets.
I may need some of that wine that seems to be flowing through the other forums to dull her senses once we have crossed the channel.
God help us.......

Sparky bounce
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 2:55 pm

Hello from Team Land Rovers and wine,

Look forward to seeing you in September, and will being bringing extra stock for refreshments on route,

cheers Mark
Back to top Go down
fishmac

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Sparky,
good to know we are - sorry: I am- not the only newbie to this.
Lulling the missus- maybe turn to my chief captain driver Kaya,
he´ll bring the Vino Santo. Girls love it and forget about shopping.
Really.

George
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 4:05 pm

Opps … the age-old ‘I haven’t been completely honest with the other half’ problem. Fortunately, I think I have the perfect solution for you.

Go to http://www.rose-trailers.co.uk/600.htm and order a twin axle deluxe. With this in tow you’ll have plenty of space for a small wardrobe capable of transporting her finest apparel, several musical instruments including a full set of drums and at least five dwarfs to play them, and you’ll still have room for two deck chairs, a parasol, wind-break and two cwt of pebbles to simulate a mini version of Brighton Nudist Beach each day (that way if you run out of room she needn't pack a bikini). All you have to do then is to ditch all that useless paraphernalia in the 110 such as spare wheel, hi-lift, jerricans, etc. and install a 48-bottle wine rack and Engel fridge for the sparkling stuff and hey presto … problem solved!

Surely she can’t quibble at that!!!!!!!

BTW, mine’s a large JD for getting you off the hook!
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Sparks   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 am

welcome guys

Regards

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
Sparky

Sparky

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Got some new accomodation :

Sparks will fly New_ac11
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:58 pm

You'll have to keep an eye on that, Tom Mc will want it for his HQ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 3:06 pm

5 star is it Laughing

hows the landy coming along?

kieran

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Like the new abode. Is it a new type of super roof tent?

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Well I reckon your Toys R Us house is MUCH better than the thing you have on the back of your rack, and probably comes a close second to my Beduin tent :lol!

Im sure Chalky will agree whole heartedly!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Sparky

Sparky

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:05 am

Jon,

I doubt it.... I will take my chances with mine and the British weather. We can't all wait for desert conditions !!!
But I will give you youyr Patriots are better,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:56 am

chuckle chuckle... Its all good fun.

even a card board box is a good tent if it means you can explore the great outdoors.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 1:58 am

Sparky,
Any news on the poorly TD5 yet? Is she all back together and firing on all 5 cylinders?

Are you going to be able to make Eastnor Castle next weekend?
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: My bloody motor   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi Guys, sorry been away for a while and have been well and truely tucked up with my baby !!!!!!!!!
So now I have a new (Second hand) 2004 engine with an oil leak. That was from the filter housing .... replaced and another new filter.
Went camping.... the metal pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to EGR valve broke and melted all my vacuum pipes.... recovered AGAIN ..
EGR valve disabled and by passed.
Winch seized.... stripped down gearbox and rebuilt.
Fuel leak (After it was repaired ) repaired by me.
New brake pads......... pistons seized
Really annoying knocking sound from O/S front wheel.... Bush at top of suspension completely disintergrated. .......... Replaced
New front wheel bearings this weekend. The muppet who owned it before clearly lost the bearings spacer so just left it out. (Bit of a mess) Now trying to work out which spacer I need for new bearings (Any ideas welcome, call me 07768 266431) and putting hub back on a bolt sheared.
Now rewiring the dash/radio etc attempting to install CB..........

White vinyl stickers are the least of my problems. How long do we have left ????????????????????????? I am going to push it around the course. Wife says I need the excercise anyway..

On the plus side the fridge works great so I will have cold beer. Cooker works so I can cook breakfast and it turns out my Howling moon tent is the Mutts, having just spent a week in it. (Wasn't allowed to sleep in caravan with wife due to snoring apparently.)

Very happy in my own little world..........................
Hope all are well and having better luck than me,
cheers
Sparky bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 2:12 pm

Just a quickie as off to the rub-a-dub to see a band, but just had to say ...

I was giggling while reading your post. Typical LR I thought, it's like a domino effect. Even funnier when I read "beer's cold ... all okay".

WELCOME BACK MATE! Gotta go cheers cheers cheers

P.S. Lidl's Aussie Shiraz kickin' in drunken Gotta try it Mark! TTFN
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 3:44 pm

Sounds like our weekend! Why are LR jobs never simple and straightforward?

Lu and T :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Sponsored content

Sparks will fly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparks will fly   Sparks will fly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparks will fly
Page 1 of 1