Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training

Go down 
+2
LuckyTrucker
CarpeDiem
6 posters
AuthorMessage

pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Empty
PostSubject: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 am

hello,
we did our last bit of off roading on sunday and we will not be going again before landy rally!!!
we tackled some of the more challenging lanes in derbyshire
and tested the steering guard in preparation for landy rally, if we didnt have it then we would of come home on an RAC truck ooops

pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Dscf1410

diff guards are also a brilliant idea!!!

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:26 am

Cool Nice photo!
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 am

Hey Kieran, I don't hold out much hope for those mud flaps affraid
Good piccies bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 am

kieran wrote:
hello,
...and tested the steering guard ...

That reminds me... mine should be here tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 am

It is a good photo, proving yet again that 'front shots' are not always the best. Nice stickers too, obviously a man of tatse.

Sure that's your Landy Kieran? Thought I'd ask as I don't see any blue smoke rising from the dashboard! Laughing Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:08 am

Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 am

yes that is definataly my landy you can tell by the fact there is no spare wheel on the back door as the rust got so bad it wont support one Laughing
i havnt had any blue smoke from dash board in a couple of days but i havnt yet wired the extra electric fan for better engine colling or new spot lights ( well new to my vehicle, from scrap yard Laughing )

just stickers and new radiators and couple of tires and new back door and new rubber bits for anti roll bars .... and we will be ready for landy rally Laughing
bring it on

monstar affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:00 am

oh wait i forgot the flag pole for the pirate flag Laughing

monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Will the spare wheel/wheels be going on he roof rack???????
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 4:53 am

kieran wrote:

we tackled some of the more challenging lanes in derbyshire

Hi Kieran, that looks very much like the Royche in Derbyshire. Tweedie managed to get his Rangie up on one wheel getting off a rock! The scrape marks are probably still evident Razz

Have you been up the steps at Chapel Gate? Lots of fun! Very Happy

pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Green_10

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 7:00 am

Great photos! Though, I think you should bring a wheel bearing or 2 along.

For a Series 111, of course! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 4:15 pm

hello thats a good pic looks very much like the dreaded lane we dont talk about here ...

if its the one with the ford and gate at the bottom

if it is ..
last year we did that one and me the awsomely great driver stalled pinky at the bottom of the valley only to find we had a bust alternator and the landys with us had sped on up the other side of the valley

i liked that one Laughing

i have a new back door
well some one gave me a second hand one for free its at least 1 year newer than mine so i will put the spare on that
we are having troubles with spares at the moment because the tyres we have are the general grabber mts that have been discontinued, plus to make things better the rim on the knakerd spare is differant offset so we went to paddock to get one same as the rest but oh no out rims are 10 spoke no one seems to have ever herd of them before Shocked Shocked

we will keep trying

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Fingers crossed!

Are we there yet? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:33 am

What great pictures, and look slike some great practise there! i've been playing a bit this weekend too, pictures on the short way round thread...

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training   pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pinky tackles rocksl/andy rally training
Page 1 of 1