Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!

Go down 
+4
rooftop
CarpeDiem
Sparky
Rafe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Empty
PostSubject: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:18 am

Hello All,

I met this bloke and his partner in a pub last night... His partner seemed really nice Smile

All went well (except for the lack of food) and it looks like I'll be the one joining Tom as co-driver, organiser's assistant and contributor to fuel costs Wink

I'd like to think Tom chose me over the other applicants for good reasons, so for those interested here's a bit about me...

Most importantly, yes I like Land Rovers, especially my 1971 lightweight (LaaLaa) which I bought in 2001. I've taken her to Morocco as well as all over the UK and at the end of last year I rechassised her on my driveway. If you've read this far you might just be sad enough to be interested in some pictures at www.forgot.co.uk/photos.

Workwise, I am co-owner and Technical Director of a mobile computing company (if you're really really sad, our website is at www.codegate.co.uk). Basically we cover all aspects (software, hardware & professional services) of sticking computers into the hands of field workers like meter readers, engineers and couriers. But don't worry too much about my geeky side, I was once introduced at a party as "a very competent techie, but with a personality".

Hoping to be at Peterborough so maybe see some of you there. Otherwise I'll see you all in Calais in a little over 2 weeks time!

Rafe

Last edited by on Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Mad mad mad   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:39 am

Hi Rafe,

Good to have you on board, although you must be mad as a box of frogs.... still that will probably help in this case. Hope you can follow directions !! The only ones Tom follows lead him to the bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best

Sparky
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:55 pm

willing victim its your fate ,chosen one oh, what a destiny ha ha haaaaaa welcome oh choesn victim one x ass crew
Back to top Go down
bj

bj

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Rafe

Your not the only one into all the tech' good to have a fellow geek on board.

Couldn't see you links, or I would be straight onto your site. Are you installing kit in the marshal's rangie then??

Here is our site, which hints at our mobile computing kit: http://laralive.org/

BJ :@:
Back to top Go down
http://laralive.org/
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Links are there, it's just I "hid" them behind the words "pictures" and "here" and this site's choice of font for links isn't very clear Sad

Here they are in full... (plus I just edited my original post)

My piccies: www.forgot.co.uk/photos

My company: www.codegate.co.uk

Cool GPS stuff you've got going there bj - hopefully we'll get a chance to discuss the gory details on the trip. We (Codegate) offer vehicle tracking to our customers, but as a (very) latecomer I won't have time to sort something out for this trip Sad

Rafe
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi Rafe and welcome from Team thames Valley 4x4 Club. myself, apd and 4x4bun all look orward to seing you at Calais.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 4:14 pm

welcome on board mate, sure you'll have a whale of a time with Tom, if the storys from CC are anything to go buy, you'll be having a laugh a minute!

Welcome to the mad house from theshortwayround

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:46 pm

Don't believe a word that Captain Chaos tells you, a born trouble maker if ever I've seen one.

It was a perfectly innocent comment directed at that young lady in the bakers, and don't let him tell you otherwise. All said was, "They look nice ... can I have a look at your baps?" Now I ask you, where's the harm in that? scratch
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Yes I know here your coming from Tom, I'm always mis-understood as well. :bball:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!   Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willing Victim #1 or The Chosen One - not sure which!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Latest Landy Rally news-
Jump to: