Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...

Go down 
+9
Rafe
CarpeDiem
Tom Mc
Lu and Tweedie
4x4Bun
LuckyTrucker
andybloke
Badger
theshortwayround
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Empty
PostSubject: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:46 am

ok, 4 1/2 days to go, wh's got what left to do?

for us, graphics going on today, air con tp be gassed, racking to be bought and constructed, roof rack floor to be arranged, t-shirts to be collected, electrics to be finished, kit to be checked and re-checked, kit to be packed (many times) anything else I have forgotten? it might be ok, it might be a busy week!

let's see how today goes, so what about the rest of you? scratch

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: My itinery for this week   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:37 am

Monday day - work
Monday evening - cricket club committee metting

Tuesday day - work
Tuesday evening - tryand make a list of everywhere that sells LPG

Wednesday day - work
Wednesday evening - maybe pick up the truck and go to off road club meet - maybe go in the mondeo and pick up truck on thursday

Thursday day - work - and pick up the truck at lunchtime if i didnt get it yesterday evening - fill it with all the stuff i am pilferring from work

Thursday evening - fit cb - fit flags - fit stickers and other grphics - check all fluid levels - put more air in the rear tyres - pack some clothes

Friday - Pack Dr. Evil and Moose and head for Calais!

Thursday night seems a little busy!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:40 am

Wow badger, sounds like Thursdays gonna be fun!
i'mplanning that by Thursday night i can sit and enjoy a nice indian meal, and relax knwing all is done, and all we have to do friday is get in the car and drive away....

Quick, Duck, there's a Squadron of Pigs overhead.... affraid

Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:42 am

theshortwayround wrote:
ok, 4 1/2 days to go, wh's got what left to do?

3 days for us ...
Should be collecting the landy tonight - late night planned. Mains hookup needs wiring, mp3 input for the stereo needs fixing, computer needs bolting down, battery box needs sealing, GPS needs testing, speedo needs fixing, odometer needs calibrating, and lots of little jobs.
Vinyls should be going on on Wednesday. Guess packing will be Wednesday, too.

Aaaarrrgh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:03 am

Hi there, Steve you didn't say anything about the boot floor Embarassed No doubt that can wait until at least the 3rd week in September.
Yesterday APD, 4x4Bun and myself got together and had a trial packing of the car. We seemed to have a lot more room in the car so we must have forgotten a load of stuff. No doubt we will remember by the time we get to Dover Embarassed
Andybloke, sounds like all your stuff is electronic, now when did a Landy need electronics? Oh! I forgot, TD5, RRS, Disco3 and some 300tdi.
No I think all my preps are complete. I have even postponed the fitting of the braided brake hoses. Not an ideal time to do it, a few days before the big off, no knowing what bag of worms we might unearth, broken brake pipes and the like. Is there going to be swaging tool and pipes on Tango 1 No
Best of luck to you all. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
4x4Bun

4x4Bun

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Team TV4x4 Blog up and running   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 5:17 am

Well, being the technical one in the group I have now set up an online blog to track the exploits of Team TV4x4, internet hook up prevailing of course! The URL is: www.4x4bun.blogspot.com Very Happy

Also, I must let everyone know I am now the proud owner of a 1998 300Tdi Discovery 50th Anniversary edition Cool I am very happy with my new wheels and will be selling the Euro Jelly Mould (200 Vauxhall Astra) very shortly - if you know anyone who wants one PM me for details.

Finally - see you all in Calais! bounce
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Oh Bugger   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:02 am

Another thing for the list!

I need to get the results section setup on the website! oh well there goes lunchtime.....

Again subject entirely to the avalability of internet links....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:32 am

wow sounds like we are not the only team with stuff left to do Very Happy

we have got stickers going on on wednesday, have got a back door to sand, paint and swap for the rusty excuse for a door that is there, have to swap the oil in the hubs for grease, and pack and repack then re pack once more, im sure ive forgotton somthing Embarassed, ahhh thats it im back at school now Sad

ahhhh well

Monstar :
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Well, graphics are done (photo's to be uploaded, maybe tomorrow!) shelving mostly done, racking binned, roof rack floor done, been quite a good day really, only a few problems, but nothing that can't be sorted out with a bit of luck! let's see what tomorrow brings.

night night children... Sleep

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:06 pm

we have had a good day too, one wheel sorted fingers crossed, new landy rally stickers are on the front, oh and a piece of advice to all on here check your wheel nuts before we go especially if you have had new tyres on as we had new wheels put on and the nuts was put on so tight we bent the spanner getting them off ended up at mr friendly garage man

Monstar affraid
Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Dsc00010
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi there, what's all that oil on the drive then Kieran? I know Landies don't leak oil, they just mark their territory and when they stop you know then you must top them up again.
Now I am going to pi55 you off. We had a practice loading of the car yesterday, today I washed the car. Now normally it only gets a blast with the preasure washer after off roading, glass work, radiator and brakes. This time it it was a brush wash with wash and wax liquid, very shiney Razz except for the scratches from under growth. All I have to do is clean the inside of the windows and I think we are done(maybe)
Best of luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Hmmm.. Still to do (as well as working two more days!):

Chop out the rear wheel arches, chop up and raise the towing hitch (it's ploughing!) and weld on new bracket underneath, strap down battery, put eye bolts in boot floor, fit new master / slave cylinders (clutch) -if time!, engine oil change, finishing wiring the spots, replace fuel filter, find somewhere for HiLift and waffles and the fix the central heating in the house!

We'll sleep in October! Sleep

T and Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 pm

So much bleedin' paperwork to do that I've no time to post on here! Still, it's a break and a welcome distraction; packing 11 rally packs is hard work you know! Evil or Very Mad

Good luck kiddies.
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:55 pm

"packing 11 rally packs" scratch That's a round figure. Wink

"All I have to do is clean the inside of the windows and I think we are done(maybe)"

Likewise. bounce bounce bounce Are we there yet?

https://servimg.com/view/11227211/6
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:22 am

Tom Mc wrote:
packing 11 rally packs is hard work you know!

11? That's a lot of spares, you expecting to spill red wine on a few when we go through and tippex out the spelling mistakes?

Twisted Evil

Rafe
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:51 am

Embarassed Not quite so ready as I thought. My old barbie, thought I might replace it. Have been around Homebase and B&Q only barbies they have are too big. So will have to keep looking or take old faithful and hope the bottom doesn't drop out Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:45 am

You could always take a shovel, a few bricks and the grill pan from the kitchen!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:16 am

11 Tom, i've told you a million times not to exaggerate!!!
Back to top Go down
ardvark2345

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:12 pm

Im taking a few disposable BBQ's cheap and easy from tesco.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Well, doing quite good so far, shelves are now done, and here is the graphics picture...

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... S568505504_452265

There is a mistake somewhere in the graphics, the first person who identifies it, wins a speedboat (subject to terms and condidtions)!

Good luck!

:arrow:http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v116/198/1/568505504/s568505504_452265
Back to top Go down
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:09 pm

im takin disposables to but someones takin waffles yippie must pack sum maple syrup jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Mark, ace picture!
Steve - yours came up as a coffee table!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks, Lu.

Likewise, sorry Steve, couldn't see yours.

Ohh Ohh! bounce bounce bounce R we there yet!
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:18 pm

whoo hoo, driving around europe in a coffee table, sounds like fun...

Will have to try and sort out the link...back in a minute...

Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Ok, try this?

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... DSCN0496

and yo unkow the saying bad light stopped play? not here, who needs it when you've a flood light mast attached to the bonnet!! bloody flys kept buzzing at me though, and the neighbours thought I was a bit odd....

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... DSCN0508

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...   Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, here we are Monday, 4 and half days left...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next