Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy

Go down 
+6
Captain Chaos
theshortwayround
Tom Mc
CarpeDiem
DrivingMissDaisy
VentureOverland
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Empty
PostSubject: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:16 am

On behalf of Technology Tom, the attached is the long awaited picture of the wreath sent to Gresh and the Family on all our behalf.

https://servimg.com/view/11665868/1

Im sure everyone will agree with me - Very nice. Many thanks Tom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:01 am

Ah Tom, thats lovely, thank you for taking the time to make it.

Thanks for posting the pick Jon.
Kind Regards
Clare
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 am

wow i dont know what i was expecting but wow tom that is really good

well done to tom and many thanks from us all here :!:
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:32 am

Well done Tom, cheers Jon.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks folks. Basically a combination of three things – it was my way of expressing my sorrow, plus I had to make a special effort as it was on behalf of ALL of you, and most important of all, hopefully Gresh and family would find it some sort of comfort in a hand-made tribute aimed specifically at the children themselves … after all that’s what a wreath should be all about.

Don’t know if you realised it, but it was my take on the wonderful stickers that Lee of Custom Vinyl designed to be sold with all proceeds going to the Gresham Family Fund. See http://www.lrboards.com/viewforum.php?f=25 for an example of the sticker.

I believe these can still be purchased via Lee at http://www.customvinyl.co.uk for £3.50 each (think this is correct). If you want a pair or just one, send him an email to find out.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:03 pm

Wow, i did see Gresh the other week, and we had a bit of a natter, and he told me about the wreath, and what it ment to him and the family, i felt really proud to be a part of it. Nice one Tom, Technology we know you can't do, but caring and using your inguinity (sp) you're great at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:57 am

Very nice Tom,
a fitting and thoughtful tribute from all your bunch,
well done mate.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Technology ... mmmmm. At least I can never, ever be accused of being a geek!

Again, thanks for your comments Steve, CC and all connected with Landy Rally, but equally you ought to thank yourselves just as much. We, in this case ‘we’ being the 4x4 community, have joined his family, friends and local community to collectively shoulder their grief, and of what Gresh himself has indicated, thankfully this seems to have helped ease the burden in some small way. We can do no more.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:23 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7517468.stm

Found it on the Freelander2 forum in the early hours. Seems the CPS have charged Gresh with "Death by Dangerous Driving".

Obviously meant to wipe out half of his family by plunging the nine of them headlong into a raging river. Great decision Lincs Crown Prosecution Service, really are "acting in the public interest" and spending the taxpayer's money wisely. TOSSERS!!! (family forum I know but if kids associate swearing with idiots like this, then swearing is okay in my book).

The accident, his Mrs doing the off, now this. Hasn't the bloke suffered enough?
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 am

OH FFS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Exactly, bureaucracy in action eh?
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Poor Gresh.

Lu Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 am

A mate of mine phoned me last night to tell me about an article in the Mirror about Gresh being charged. Seemingly it stated that "Mr Nigel Gresham's Land Rover was unsafe" and "it was made up from parts from five different Land Rovers".

Excuse me, but I would hazard a guess that every Land Rover on the planet over 10 years of age is made up from "five different Land Rovers" ... and a lot more besides! It ain't a Euroblob motor for heaven's sake, they just don't understand. Mad
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 pm

I do hope he's ok. The poor bloke has suffered enough without this..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Manda

Manda

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:59 am

that news article is sick, how could anybody think that someone would purposely do that to there children, i hope he's ok and this hasnt caused him too much heartache.

i hope that he gets everything sorted out
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:59 am

I read the article in The Mirror the other day, f*****G unbeliveable how such sh1t can be printed without any research done into the facts, hasn't this bloke suffered enough for Gods sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:24 pm

just proves how most jornalists are not real humans Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Couln't agree more Manda/CC, but I'm afraid this sort of garbage sells papers. That's why whenever I'm in a situation when I have to tell someone what I do journalism-wise, I always say I'm a Freelance Motoring Journalist. It makes it crystal clear from the off.

One thing is for sure, Gresh has a lot of mates so has terrific support. He'll get through this but on top of everything else that's happened, it's certainly not helping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:10 pm

sorry tom, forgot your are spost to be a journalist,

i agree its wrong and sickening, he shouldnt have to go through any more Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi there, I wasn't even aware of Gresh and the family until I heard the tragic news last year whilst on the rally I believe. But taking him to court is unbelievable.
Is there nothing we can do? ? Has Gresh not suffered enough. Would a petition be of any use?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Nah, the CPS has decided so that's that; dragged through the courts he will be. Tossers!!!

The daft thing is Paul, yes the motor may have been unstable by being too high, who knows, but one thing is for sure - he didn't purposely build it that way to intentionally have an accident.

Moreover, do you realise that in any accident that involves a vehicle being 'lifted' from standard, the driver could be taken to court by the CPS ... and I suppose the same could be true of vehicles being lowered? In fact any modifications to standard could be viewed as 'dangerous'. I tell you, they (they being the State and the EU) are tying standardise us in every way they can. To them 'individuals are a pain', that's why they want us to conform.

Now I finally realise why I like the Land Rover / 4x4 scence so much - not one vehicle is the same. They have all been adapted/modified/uprated/converted/hacked about to suit our individual needs and tastes. Long live individualism, a curse on conformity!

Here endeth the sermon according to Pastor Tom ... what do you mean Pastor Joke?

Obviously not making light of Gresh's tragic predicament, it's just the off-roading way to use humour to cope with tragic situations - just like this. Nice try Paul, but a petition isn't the answer this time; then again I really don't know what is? Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 pm

they said in the public interest Evil or Very Mad
we know thats not true, so as many land rovers infact as many people as possible to turn up somewhere to show its not in the public interest, a petition handed over by the thousand people who signed it might have a positive impact if nothing else will show positive support through the media?
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:18 pm

I think the best thing to do is to try and help poor Gresh in any way we can. Poor bloke. Not much chance of the media ever showing us in a really positive light, the 'evil 4x4' is too much of an easy target. Do you ever see anything in the local chip wrapper about 4x4 response groups helping people in floods etc??? Mountain rescue (Who do a superb job cheers)???

Not a bloody prayer...Evil or Very Mad

Rant mode off. Sorry chaps, I too feel that Gresh being dealt the worst hand imaginable due to the fact he is an individual, so Tom, I couldn't agree with you more..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy   Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wreath picture for Willow, Angel, Thor and Keavy
Page 1 of 1