Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The long way down

Go down 
+2
VentureOverland
andybloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:09 pm

anyone here watching the long way down? on channel two after top gear

id love to do that trip!
Back to top Go down

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:12 pm

2009 landy rally? Laughing
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:34 am

kieran wrote:

Looks a lot of fun ... but too much paperwork.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 4:08 am

kieran wrote:

Dont forget they "only" have to get to Capetown, then jump on a plane back...

The only way I could do that sort of a trip is if i had sold my car before I left. Then I could fly home too, otherwise I simply couldn't afford the time.

Must admit though, Id love to do it; but would probably love to do the Long Way Round (their adventure last year) more...

Made me laugh last night... when one of the roofracks on the cars failed... They came to us and got a Price for a Patriot rack, then bought a cheaper South African Survivor rack (not from us) lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 9:12 am

Laughing funny we laughed at that and said they should have bought it from you

or even better should have bought a land rover Laughing
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 am

You can with a Nissan Twisted Evil geek
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:40 am

Great TV;

not only roofracks, but who advised on their ground tents? Shocked And some of the planning is lacking.

That said; I love these type of programmes, great to see the bigger world.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 am

To be fair to MSR - They are bl**dy good ground tents (and what other options does a bike have?)... but like all tents they need to be kept fastened to keep the sand out.
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:48 am

We love this programme - in fact last years adventure was our inspiration for landy rally/short way round...

Have to say, watching them driving through the night(s) with very little sleep made us smile - we thought Tom had been helping them organise their trip!! Laughing

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:28 am

I remember Africa and its roads... Night driving is the one thing you DO NOT do. I bet they soon stop it when the "good" tarmac runs out...
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:32 am

theshortwayround wrote:
We love this programme - in fact last years adventure was our inspiration for landy rally/short way round...
:arrow:

I think ultimately Micheal Palin is responsible for my itchy feet (and i dont mean Faulty Towers!!). I remember watching him many years ago and thinking to myself that Id like to go there...

Now I can cheers , I do Laughing

Long way round certainly formed a big part of the Timbuktu motivation though.

The next trips (apart from Foreign Climes) have to be either Iceland or Noway & Sweden because Ive been putting them off for way too long!
Back to top Go down

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:23 am

ooooooo we all know that you got your inspiration from life of brian Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:25 am

Quote :
Micheal Palin is responsible for my itchy feet (and i dont mean Faulty Towers!!).

But Mr Palin wasn't in Fawlty Towers? scratch

Think you'll find vehicle preparation was carried out at Frogs Island 4x4 in Oxfordshire. Surprised Eddie Priscott (proprietor) didn't go for the Patriot as he normally goes for the best, then again, most everyone has to work to a budget, hence the inferior/cheaper RSA roofracks. Never mind Jon, I'll put your name forward for vehicle prep next time when they drive Solihull's finest as you can't always in a Nissan ... especially in Twyford eh APD!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
apd2009

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:03 am

But it came out and still worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face: til the tin worm took hold Sad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:00 am

APD, went by your favourite watering road at the weekend, not bad, only 3 feet 7 inches deep!! if i'd had your number, i'd have you rung you to come and play!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
apd2009

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:32 am

Thanks Steve I was there about 6 weeks ago less than a foot!!!!!!!!!!! The landlord rembered me!!!!!!! pirat Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 am

Funny that, landlords remember you yet ... you never seem to remember them (or anything else about the evening come to that). drunken

Me, I can say hand on my heart I never go to a pub to get pished, that's because I'm already pished before I get there!!! Laughing drunken Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The long way down Empty
PostSubject: Re: The long way down   The long way down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The long way down
Page 1 of 1