Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selsey sharks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 7:02 am

sunny Hi we are the sharks from selsey. The team members are batfink (fred) and wes the co driver. We live in a little coastal village in the south of England. We both enjoy a bit of fossiling and normaly turn up a lot of sharks teeth hence the team name. we are supporting cystic fibroses as the village has recently lost a good friend because of it. This rally is a first for me so am looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Welcome Fred 'n' Wes. You'll feel right at home on this forum as there's few fossils on here already ... miaowwwwwwwww!!!

Dying to know - how did your user name of 'batfink' come about?
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 2:16 am

jocolor well really theres not much of a story im afraid just that it used to be a kids program when I was a wee boy and I thought it was great. Also no one seems to remember it as most of my user names on other forums is BATFINK. Normally when entering user names on forums you spend hours trying to find one that no one else has but this one seems to work every time. So that’s why I use it. (dose anyone remember it) the old saying goes. YOU CAN NOT HARM ME FOR MY WINGS ARE LIKE A SHEET OF STEEL. His side kick was called KARATE. But I don’t think wes wants to adopt that name. well mabey he wont have a choise
Back to top Go down

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 am

welcome,
can i have a sharks tooth Laughing ?
are they big ones?
kieran
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:44 pm

The teeth are probably 40-50mm at the most and are quite common so if we remember. By all means Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:01 am

a shark tooth is cool
cant wait Laughing
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Batfink !!   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 am

Boy do i remember that series....just had a quick surf and found an excellent article on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batfink i never realised there were 100 episodes - i suspect i have not seen all of them.

Looking forward to seeing ou on the rally.

Badger
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 9:47 am

Does that mean you will be renaming your 90 from Barnby to Battleac? (rhymes with Cadillac I understand). For your information, the Battleac was Batfink’s mode of transport. Of course, being as sad as they are, Fred and Badger will already know that!

Gotta to say I fall into the category of never having seeing the series, then again being the old wrinklie I am, I was already out working 18 hours a day up a chimney, or on my one day off a month, in the cotton mills dodging the machinery sweeping up under the looms. It’s a hard life.
Back to top Go down
ardvark2345

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: I remember Batfink   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi

Great team name, it could be the start of something, Batfink, Dangermouse Chorlton and the wheelies......well maybe not!

See you in Calais
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi from Team T 'n' T. See you in Calais! You've been posting for ages, but we somehow never managed to say welcome!

Lu and Tweedie :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 5:50 pm

still looking forward to a shark tooth Laughing
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:48 am

dont worry i have a memory like an elephant,what was it you wanted? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:47 pm

Make that a goldfish! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 10:06 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Selsey sharks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selsey sharks   Selsey sharks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selsey sharks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Landy Rally :: Teams & Crews-
Jump to: