Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest Pictures of the 110...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Latest Pictures of the 110... Empty
PostSubject: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 am

Just because a few people have asked how the 110 is coming along, thought I would post a few pic's...

Latest Pictures of the 110... D110_1
Yellow King Springs just about visible

Latest Pictures of the 110... D110_2
Second Rear Damper showing at rear along with wheels & tyres

Latest Pictures of the 110... D110_3
Return to centre steering damper and under-carriage protection

Latest Pictures of the 110... D110_4

Latest Pictures of the 110... D110_5
Rear wheel carrier and bespoke rack ladder (to allow the carrier to fit - yet to be anodised)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:59 am

that looks cool.
question....

Why double dampers and a damper on the steering?

bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 am

Hi Bill,
Steering Damper makes driving easier!!! The large footprint of the tyres reduces the effectiveness of the PS pump, the spring on the damper exherts a little force to assist the steering to return to its straight ahead position... Difficult to quantify, but does make a nice difference.

Dual Dampers on the rear are there for two reasons:
1. Adds redundancy and reduces load on a single damper by 50%, thus less likely to suffer failure when overlanding on badly corrugated roads etc. Should one fail, the vehicle isnt rendered immobile.
2. Adds a bit more resistance to the springs. I could have put 1 heavier duty damper on the back to account for the weight (or Extra HD springs) but the downside is no redundnacy and a Very firm ride when unlaiden.

... Nothing like the voice of experience!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 am

Very nice Jon!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:06 am

Good Jon and thanx for the responce.

Zippy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 am

wow i really like it Laughing

its even better than i imagioned after you told me about it, its a beast

well done cheers

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Thanks Kieran,

Must admit I like the suspension characteristics, wheels (give me more offset and thus more lock than standard) and spare wheel carrier (cos its well engineered!!)

Its a go (almost) anywhere machine thats also used daily... And therein lies a problem - Storage. Inside the "car" is OK, Ive taken out the back double seat to make way for the fridge and a storage area, but the back pick-up bit is different. Cant put a permanent solution together in case the dog has an accident (if you know what I mean), and I also need that space for tip runs, and heavy, large loads. Currently thinking of a mobile storage systems drawer system between the arches that I can modify a bit so as to be able to remove (fairly quickly) and cargo railing above to secure wolf boxes.

On the wish list is an Overdrive - Disco gears in the T/Box are no good for me because then its no fun when I have to tow a heavy trailer... Been down that route in 90's... twice! Likewise, changing the Diff ratio's isnt an option as that affects Hi and Low... Been down that route in a S3...

One of the best bits about double cab's in general (I think) is the drop down tailgate...Its a fantastic kitchen table and Im sure with a bit of thought it could also be quickly adapted into a toilet seat for when I finally persuade the Boss to go to Africa with me!! scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:14 pm

i have a solution to your storage problems,

and i will be prepared to swap mine with yours absolutly free of charge Laughing

ill keep dreaming Razz

its very nice

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 pm

"On the wish list is an Overdrive"

Got to get an overdrive Jon, 4 gear levers, 4 reserve gears and 24 forward gears. No wonder I always look blank confused lol!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 pm

At lest when you find a home for all those levers Mark your an hear yourself think!

Maybe I should just drive slower scratch On second thoughts, Nah... Day 1 of Landy Rally would take 2 days Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Pretty! Looks good in black, shows the mud up a treat. Err, aren't those "yellow springs" orange? Reckon you've got Scorpion H/D there and aren't letting on!

Tailgate ... a novelty? Bit behind the times aren't we? Had one of those for 23 years - since my first Rangie. Razz

If I ever had a Defender, which is highly unlikely given the cost of the model I'd like, I would have something like this. Plenty of room, ideal platform for a tent, great for towing, still looks stylish after all these years - yep, it has a lot going for it. Still a sh1te driving position though!!! No
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:53 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Pretty! Looks good in black, shows the mud up a treat. Err, aren't those "yellow springs" orange? Reckon you've got Scorpion H/D there and aren't letting on!

affraid Never.. On the grounds that your a much better mate that Colin'll ever be I'll forgive you for that slander Mr Thomas sir!!! Better wash that mouth out though (or should that be typing finger scratch )

Tom Mc wrote:
Tailgate ... a novelty? Bit behind the times aren't we? Had one of those for 23 years - since my first Rangie. Razz

Yes but that was wrapped in shag-pile... This ones for cooking... and wrestling tigers!

Tom Mc wrote:

If I ever had a Defender, which is highly unlikely given the cost of the model I'd like, I would have something like this. Plenty of room, ideal platform for a tent, great for towing, still looks stylish after all these years - yep, it has a lot going for it. Still a sh1te driving position though!!! No

Tell me about the cost of those DC's! Still you just need to keep telling yourself that "quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten!!"

As for the seating position... After you've done the amount of miles in them that I have you become numb to it and it just continues to add to the charm Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:03 pm

"quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten"

Great quote, love that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Pictures of the 110...   Latest Pictures of the 110... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Pictures of the 110...
Page 1 of 1