Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Empty
PostSubject: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:44 pm

News indeed!!! First off, the mad Pirate's just paid a visit! I kid you not. Despite tying to hide and make out I wasn't in, Dom the madman from Team Pirate LR`07 found me this afternoon. Down from Bristol he was visiting friends just literally arond the corner from me here in sunny Bounemouth, so dropped in for a coffee and a chinwag.

Well, turns out he spent yesterday in the company of Fred & Geoff (recovery crew LR`07 in Tango 1) hence a thick head this morning, but the three of them were sober long enough to agree to form a joint recovery crew for Landy Rally / Bofa 4x4 Rally 2008!!!!!!!!!! Fair play, last year Dom did say that he loved the event so much that he wanted to come back again, not as an entrant, but simply "to repair other people's motors" - some thing he did to great effect last year by leading the Puka Possee and jumping underneath team's vehicles whenever the opportunity presented itself!

Turns out that Dom, accompanied this time not by the Little Fat Man, but by a BIG Fat Man (his words ... not mine) will again be driving his Disco - powered by bio fuel. What bio fuel I hear you ask? CHIP FAT!!! Reckons he can do the entire Landy Rally route on £150 of fuel, and at just 20p a litre I can see why. Strewth, he can reach Le Mans on £15 worth of the stuff, therefore 2,300+ miles would indeed work out to not much more than £150. Incredible!

As for Fred & Geoff, Fred's decided not to take Tango 1 this year Crying or Very sad but instead take his other toy, a Land Rover 6x6. cheers This means with the additional carrying capacity he won't have to haul that Nato trailer of his around the entire route. Rest assured folks, between Fred and Dom the Pirate nobody need to fear breakdowns this year as between them they could rebuild your pride & joy at the roadside. Security or wot?
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 am

Hi Guys,

This is fantastic news - I am sure that not one of us actually want to make use of your services affraid confused affraid confused on the Rally - but it is really good to know that this back up will be there if needed.

I will miss not seeing (and hearing) Tango on the rally, but a Landrover 6x6 sounds equally interesting - Is this the 6 wheeled Range Rover or the new 6 wheel Defender - or one of Fred’s creations Shocked Shocked

Look forward to seeing you all on the Rally again - now must get back to replacing some more of those bits on the Landy !!

Mel
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:42 am

One of Fred's creations of course, he can't do things by half. Apparently it's going to be "something special". Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:12 pm

i cant wait nither,

its good news that theres now two recovery teams Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
TCE

TCE

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Little Fat Man is Back   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:00 am

Hi All,

Although I'm not accompanying Dom this year, I am coming again! cheers

I'll be bringing my Disco and will be travelling with another mate, Richard. We are to be known as the 'Kronenbourgers' as we are, unofficially, sponsored by Kronenbourg beer - keeps the world level even on hills drunken

Looking forward to it and meeting some of last years Pukka's again.

Cheers MARK....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Laughing thats good to hear cheers

see you there Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wurzel

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Greetings   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:11 am

Hi everyone I am hoping to be on this run as last year I had to babysit the workshop whilst Dom (Pirate) went off galavanting. I work with Dom "his right hand man" as he puts it. He needs one as he is a left handed weirdo, and will try to keep him under control. As he is built like an anorexic stick insect, everyone in his "kaledoscope eyes" is a bit on the plump side. The only thing that is holding me up is time off from my proper job as a fireman. So fingers crossed and hope to see you all there.
Brad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Well hello Wurzel/Brad, good to have you along. Hope you have a large anchor with you as brake fade can be quite ... what's the word I'm looking for ... exhilarating! Those mountains can be mighty high. Laughing

So you’re going to attempt to keep the pirate under control, is such a thing possible I ask myself? If there are not enough natural breakdowns, reckon that we’ll have to create a few staged ones just to keep him in his element – under a vehicle.

BTW, what you like at smuggling? We had a team comprising two firemen last year, and their speciality was fuel. They tried a diesel takeaway in Andorra but they and their multiple jerricans were stopped at the border. Didn’t stop ‘em though as they merely drove over the mountains to freedom, quite an adventure as it turned out!

Anyway, as I say delighted to have you aboard. cheers
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:20 am

Wurzel wrote:
Hi everyone I am hoping to be on this run as last year I had to babysit the workshop whilst Dom (Pirate) went off galavanting.

Welcome aboard!

Tom wrote:
If there are not enough natural breakdowns, reckon that we’ll have to create a few staged ones just to keep him in his element – under a vehicle.

Can we pre-book breakdown appointments? Is there an opening on the Friday before we leave Calais? I'm sure there will be something under Red that will keep Dom and Brad busy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Why hello Mark!!! Missed your earlier post for some reason. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!

Take a look at the Teams & Crews section of the forum under the topic 'The Kronenbourgers'. You've been officially recognised mate! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Wurzel

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:27 am

Well already started to prep my landy by making a roof rack for our tent and I will be doing the run for GAFSIP with is a fire brigade charity. I have got the brigade workshops to agree to make a long range fuel tank if I can scrounge the ali to make it. Workshops want to try out their mega exspenive tig welder so who am I to stand in their way? I've got the press office working on a story that they will put in the brigade bullitens and local press and will be selling advertising space on the side of my 110 to raise more money. With the long range tank I will be hoping to cover as much of the run on biodiesel as Dom has already mentioned. We make the fuel at our workshop and I have already sold some kits that make the fuel for only 18p a litre. (I must be one of the few that is benefitting from the fuel price increases).Not only does this provide cheap motoring it also keeps the tree huggers off our backs with the green issues, as I am sure someone will have something to say about 100 land rovers chugging across Europe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008   News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News of the Landy Rally Recovery crew 2008
Page 1 of 1